Parent Arrested For Protesting Use of Common Core

So again we find another "persecution" article that is misleading or wrong.

If it was so misleading, how come you found those facts in the link?

Yer smart.

I read this several days ago and decided to not bring it here for the reasons you pointed out.

That isn't the point.

Since when are we supposed to sit queitly on our hands and not question those in positions of power?

Since when?

Since when is it a arrestable, imprisonable, prosecutable offense to ask someone in power a question? Are we to sit like good little Nazis and not question authority? Is that how you'd like it?

No doubt.

And do you think for one fucking second anybody else, like for instance, the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM was going to question the God obama and His edicts?

Political Meetings get disrupted all the time without anybody going to jail and being charged with a felony.

ALL the time

It happened to radio talk show personality Nicole Sandler. Link below. She got arrested and spent the night in jail for interrupting republican Alan West when he was a congressman doing a town hall meeting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq8BEzknL3k]Allen West "Town Hall meeting" - Nicole Sandler Medicare question - YouTube[/ame]

Ya, but that was a "righteous arrest".

Ah, the age of Obama. Apparently authority will no longer tolerate being questioned.

Not that it matters to rw's but the FACT is that Common Core was put into effect long before Obama was elected. And, in FACT, Jeb Bush loves it.

If it was so misleading, how come you found those facts in the link?

Yer smart.

I read this several days ago and decided to not bring it here for the reasons you pointed out.

That isn't the point.

Since when are we supposed to sit queitly on our hands and not question those in positions of power?

Since when?

Since when is it a arrestable, imprisonable, prosecutable offense to ask someone in power a question? Are we to sit like good little Nazis and not question authority? Is that how you'd like it?

No doubt.

And do you think for one fucking second anybody else, like for instance, the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM was going to question the God obama and His edicts?

Political Meetings get disrupted all the time without anybody going to jail and being charged with a felony.

ALL the time

It happened to radio talk show personality Nicole Sandler. Link below. She got arrested and spent the night in jail for interrupting republican Alan West when he was a congressman doing a town hall meeting.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq8BEzknL3k"]Allen West "Town Hall meeting" - Nicole Sandler Medicare question - YouTube[/ame]

Ya, but that was a "righteous arrest".

Were the charges dropped the next day?

The Common Core Standards were adopted by the Maryland State School Board over 2 years ago with implementation scheduled for the 1013-2014 school year. Anybody who objected to it had 2 YEARS to organize opposition, petition their elected reps and make their opinions and voices heard.

This guy waited until the system was being implemented and school admins and teachers were having open meetings with parents to explain the system in detail and answer questions they might have, to voice his objections.

I think that horse left the barn a while ago.

Where was he the last 2 years? Did he talk to his state representatives, did he talk to other parents, did he organize opposition to have the implementation put off until it could be analyzed more thoroughly?

No, instead he launches into an out of order tirade against the teachers and admins who have absolutely no control over it on the date of it's inception, the new school year. He was just selfishly venting and decided to waste everyone's time who was at the meeting because it made him feel good to do so.

Common Core is essentially a fast track Executive Branch program that did an end run around our Legislative Branches......both in the U.S. Congress AND in all the individual States which are responsible for education....a top-down Federal dictate.....not much room there for venting, organizing, or even time for the public to learn what it is really about...

and you wonder why parents are frustrated......frankly this guy obviously knew more about it than the average parent....

"The Common Core State Standards Initiative is a U.S. education initiative that seeks to bring diverse state curricula into alignment with each other by following the principles of standards-based education reform. The initiative is sponsored by the National Governors Association (NGA) and the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO).

This is how little you know about the subject at hand. I'm not shocked at all.

In the 1990s the "Accountability Movement" began in the US as states started being held to mandatory tests of student achievement, which were expected to demonstrate a common core of knowledge that all citizens should have to be successful.[1] As part of this overarching education reform movement, the nation’s governors and corporate leaders founded Achieve, Inc. in 1996 as a bi-partisan organization to raise academic standards, graduation requirements, improve assessments, and strengthen accountability in all 50 states.[2] The initial motivation for the development of the Common Core State Standards was part of the American Diploma Project (ADP).[3]

A report titled, “Ready or Not: Creating a High School Diploma That Counts,” from 2004 found that both employers and colleges are demanding more of high school graduates than in the past.[4] According to Achieve, Inc., “current high-school exit expectations fall well short of [employer and college] demands.”[5] The report explains that the major problem currently facing the American school system is that high school graduates were not provided with the skills and knowledge they needed to succeed.[5] "While students and their parents may still believe that the diploma reflects adequate preparation for the intellectual demands of adult life, in reality it falls far short of this common-sense goal." (page 1). The report continues that the diploma itself lost its value because graduates could not compete successfully beyond high school,[5] and that the solution to this problem is a common set of rigorous standards.

In 2009 the National Governors Association hired David Coleman and Student Achievement to write curriculum standards in the areas of literacy and mathematics instruction. Announced on June 1, 2009,[6] the initiative's stated purpose is to "provide a consistent, clear understanding of what students are expected to learn, so teachers and parents know what they need to do to help them."[7] Additionally, "The standards are designed to be robust and relevant to the real world, reflecting the knowledge and skills that our young people need for success in college and careers," which will place American students in a position in which they can compete in a global economy.[7]

Common Core State Standards Initiative - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This effort has been underway for 20 years...but why let a good opportunity to blame it on Obama go to waste?

Lol..an abrasive talk show host who tried to hijack the meeting, who makes $$ heckling political figures..... Who cares?

Last edited:
The Common Core Standards were adopted by the Maryland State School Board over 2 years ago with implementation scheduled for the 1013-2014 school year. Anybody who objected to it had 2 YEARS to organize opposition, petition their elected reps and make their opinions and voices heard.

This guy waited until the system was being implemented and school admins and teachers were having open meetings with parents to explain the system in detail and answer questions they might have, to voice his objections.

I think that horse left the barn a while ago.

Where was he the last 2 years? Did he talk to his state representatives, did he talk to other parents, did he organize opposition to have the implementation put off until it could be analyzed more thoroughly?

No, instead he launches into an out of order tirade against the teachers and admins who have absolutely no control over it on the date of it's inception, the new school year. He was just selfishly venting and decided to waste everyone's time who was at the meeting because it made him feel good to do so.

Common Core is essentially a fast track Executive Branch program that did an end run around our Legislative Branches......both in the U.S. Congress AND in all the individual States which are responsible for education....a top-down Federal dictate.....not much room there for venting, organizing, or even time for the public to learn what it is really about...

and you wonder why parents are frustrated......frankly this guy obviously knew more about it than the average parent....

"The Common Core State Standards Initiative is a U.S. education initiative that seeks to bring diverse state curricula into alignment with each other by following the principles of standards-based education reform. The initiative is sponsored by the National Governors Association (NGA) and the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO).

see what i added above....

tell me.....did Common Core get voted on in State legislatures or in U.S. Congress.....?

Ah, that gives him carte blanche to abuse the citizenry.

I see.

i didnt see abuse. I saw him trying to get him out of the room best he could. Now had he put him down by twisting his arm, putting a knee on the back of his head i would agree with you. What happened was really nothing beyond someone trying to get out of another grip.

You people want to lie about what happened, feel free, but you can see in the video the man does resist.

Odd, I saw someone trying to talk at a public meeting being manhandled from the room.

Nah, nothing abusive about that. It's just another day at the office for the totalitarian left.

now its manhandled...lol....stop lying. We can all look at the video for the break down. He was asked, he refused, he was asked again and showed a badge, he refused, he was asked again and then removed, and fought a long the way.

Again stop lying

tell me.....did Common Core get voted on in State legislatures or in U.S. Congress.....?

You called it an Executive Branch program, which was a lie. The program is sponsored by the National Governors Association, which voted on it, which is majority pub.

They don't need congressional approval.

STATES RIGHTS! STATES RIGHTS! STATES RIGHTS!

heheh

Last edited:
i didnt see abuse. I saw him trying to get him out of the room best he could. Now had he put him down by twisting his arm, putting a knee on the back of his head i would agree with you. What happened was really nothing beyond someone trying to get out of another grip.

You people want to lie about what happened, feel free, but you can see in the video the man does resist.

Odd, I saw someone trying to talk at a public meeting being manhandled from the room.

Nah, nothing abusive about that. It's just another day at the office for the totalitarian left.

now its manhandled...lol....stop lying. We can all look at the video for the break down. He was asked, he refused, he was asked again and showed a badge, he refused, he was asked again and then removed, and fought a long the way.

Again stop lying

If they don't lie, how will they get anyone to agree with them? How will they get their persecution fix?

Again stop lying

If they don't lie, how will they get anyone to agree with them? How will they get their persecution fix?

sexual bribes

You called it an Executive Branch program, which was a lie. The program is sponsored by the National Governors Association, which voted on it, which is majority pub.

heheh

Governors aren't Executive Branch.....?

heheh

Governors aren't Executive Branch.....?

Really? This is the tack your going to take? Heheh...

Here is your original comment...

"Common Core is essentially a fast track Executive Branch program that did an end run around our Legislative Branches......both in the U.S. Congress AND in all the individual States which are responsible for education....a top-down Federal dictate"

Your intent was to portray this as an Obama program, which has proven to be a lie, it's a program of the pub dominated National Governor's Association. Now you're trying to debate the meaning of the word "is" so you don't look so clueless.

Either you're incredibly ignorant or an incredible liar.

Last edited:
When did he say it was an Obama program?

He wasn't portraying the program at all. The purpose was to point out how intolerant and openly fascists mainstream progressives have become, that they are arresting parents who disagree with the regime's current educational plan for our children.

so we control the police now according to allie :eusa_doh: How many Progressive police do you know allie :rolleyes:

When did he say it was an Obama program?

He wasn't portraying the program at all. The purpose was to point out how intolerant and openly fascists mainstream progressives have become, that they are arresting parents who disagree with the regime's current educational plan for our children.

KG, you really need to lay off the sauce...

I wonder what the outcome would of been if a 270 pound/all muscle man/ securty gaurd had opened up a can of whoopass on a black parent.

Forum List

Back