Parent Arrested For Protesting Use of Common Core

At no time did Small assault the security guard, it was the other way around. Thank god for cameras.

security guard was a cop. he doesnt stop being a cop because of his shirt.

Ah, that gives him carte blanche to abuse the citizenry.

I see.

i didnt see abuse. I saw him trying to get him out of the room best he could. Now had he put him down by twisting his arm, putting a knee on the back of his head i would agree with you. What happened was really nothing beyond someone trying to get out of another grip.

You people want to lie about what happened, feel free, but you can see in the video the man does resist.

security guard was a cop. he doesnt stop being a cop because of his shirt.

Ah, that gives him carte blanche to abuse the citizenry.

I see.

i didnt see abuse. I saw him trying to get him out of the room best he could. Now had he put him down by twisting his arm, putting a knee on the back of his head i would agree with you. What happened was really nothing beyond someone trying to get out of another grip.

You people want to lie about what happened, feel free, but you can see in the video the man does resist.

Odd, I saw someone trying to talk at a public meeting being manhandled from the room.

Nah, nothing abusive about that. It's just another day at the office for the totalitarian left.

Peeballs doesn't see fascist oppression as *abuse*. It's just the way it is.

Remember, this is the guy who has stalked me across two boards to tell me repeatedly to die, and to post stuff like "I hope your boat blows up with you and your family in it". He's a great spokesperson for progressives.

Yeah, because he didn't break the law. He just dared to voice criticism of a progressive program.

They had a system set up that they used before to allow as many questions to be asked in the time frame of the meeting. This ass thought "You're not the boss of me, I DO WHAT I WANT!", stood up out of order, interrupted another speaker and then whined for several minutes before they sent in security. There were no questions, there was no debate, just this little prick mouthing off because he liked the attention and had grabbed "the conch"...heheh.

This is choice though...

"As he was being taken out, Small said, "Don't stand for this. You are sitting here like cattle." Then he said, "Is this America?"

Heheh...what a doofus. Hope he gets jail time.

I think he was shot in the head in the parking lot.

This is the Obamanation after all.

The Common Core Standards were adopted by the Maryland State School Board over 2 years ago with implementation scheduled for the 1013-2014 school year. Anybody who objected to it had 2 YEARS to organize opposition, petition their elected reps and make their opinions and voices heard.

This guy waited until the system was being implemented and school admins and teachers were having open meetings with parents to explain the system in detail and answer questions they might have, to voice his objections. And be an ass.

I think that horse left the barn a while ago.

Where was he the last 2 years? Did he talk to his state representatives, did he talk to other parents, did he organize opposition to have the implementation put off until it could be analyzed more thoroughly?

No, instead he launches into an out of order tirade against the teachers and admins who have absolutely no control over it on the date of it's inception, the new school year. He was just selfishly venting and decided to waste everyone's time who was at the meeting because it made him feel good to do so.

Last edited:
They had a system set up that they used before to allow as many questions to be asked in the time frame of the meeting. This ass thought "You're not the boss of me, I DO WHAT I WANT!", stood up out of order, interrupted another speaker and then whined for several minutes before they sent in security. There were no questions, there was no debate, just this little prick mouthing off because he liked the attention and had grabbed "the conch"...heheh.

This is choice though...

"As he was being taken out, Small said, "Don't stand for this. You are sitting here like cattle." Then he said, "Is this America?"

Heheh...what a doofus. Hope he gets jail time.

I think he was shot in the head in the parking lot.

This is the Obamanation after all.

What does common core have to do with Obama?

The Common Core Standards were adopted by the Maryland State School Board over 2 years ago with implementation scheduled for the 1013-2014 school year. Anybody who objected to it had 2 YEARS to organize opposition, petition their elected reps and make their opinions and voices heard.

This guy waited until the system was being implemented and school admins and teachers were having open meetings with parents to explain the system in detail and answer questions they might have, to voice his objections.

Where was he the last 2 years? Did he talk to his state representatives, did he talk to other parents, did he organize opposition to have the implementation put off until it could be analyzed more thoroughly?

No, instead he launches into an out of order tirade against the teachers and admins who have absolutely no control over it on the date of it's inception, the new school year. He was just selfishly venting and decided to waste everyone's time who was at the meeting because it made him feel good to do so.

Yes, not only will the powers that be tell you how to question them, but when.

Listen to you.

I bet if Common Core included religious instruction there would be little opposition to it...heheh.

Yeah, because he didn't break the law. He just dared to voice criticism of a progressive program.

It wasn't an open mic meeting, it wasn't a townhall. It wasn't a protest or rally or sit in or civil disobedience. It was a parent/teacher meeting to explain the new system that was already being implemented and to answer questions.

If this guy was upset he should have directed his ire at the State School board, not the local teachers and admins the week it went down.

Fascists are always fatally devoted to *correct papers* and doing things by the *approved* route.

Mess up on the papers, you might end up in jail!

Wait a minute...

"The format of the forum did not allow the public to stand and ask a question. Instead, those who wanted questions answered had to write them on a piece of paper. Dance read the questions and had members of a panel, which included state schools Superintendent Lillian Lowery, answer them.

When Small started speaking, Dance told him that he believed his question would be answered, but Small continued to talk. After a couple of minutes, a security guard confronted Small, saying, "Let's go. Let's go."

So again we find another "persecution" article that is misleading or wrong.

"Small was charged with second-degree assault of a police officer, which carries a fine of $2,500 and up to 10 years in prison, and disturbing a school operation, which carries a fine of $2,500 and up to six months."

If it was so misleading, how come you found those facts in the link?

Yer smart.

I read this several days ago and decided to not bring it here for the reasons you pointed out.

That isn't the point.

Since when are we supposed to sit queitly on our hands and not question those in positions of power?

Since when?

Since when is it a arrestable, imprisonable, prosecutable offense to ask someone in power a question? Are we to sit like good little Nazis and not question authority? Is that how you'd like it?

No doubt.

And do you think for one fucking second anybody else, like for instance, the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM was going to question the God obama and His edicts?

Political Meetings get disrupted all the time without anybody going to jail and being charged with a felony.

ALL the time

It happened to radio talk show personality Nicole Sandler. Link below. She got arrested and spent the night in jail for interrupting republican Alan West when he was a congressman doing a town hall meeting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq8BEzknL3k]Allen West "Town Hall meeting" - Nicole Sandler Medicare question - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

This guy waited until the system was being implemented and school admins and teachers were having open meetings with parents to explain the system in detail and answer questions they might have, to voice his objections.

Common Core is essentially a fast track Executive Branch program that did an end run around our Legislative Branches......both in the U.S. Congress AND in all the individual States which are responsible for education....a top-down Federal dictate.....not much room there for venting, organizing, or even time for the public to learn what it is really about...

and you wonder why parents are frustrated......frankly this guy obviously knew more about it than the average parent....

States were given an incentive to adopt the Common Core Standards through the possibility of competitive federal Race to the Top grants. President Obama and Secretary of Education Arne Duncan announced the Race to the Top competitive grants on July 24, 2009, as a motivator for education reform.[12] To be eligible, states had to adopt "internationally benchmarked standards and assessments that prepare students for success in college and the work place."[13] This meant that in order for a state to be eligible for these grants, the states had to adopt the Common Core State Standards or a similar career and college readiness curriculum. The competition for these grants provided a major push for states to adopt the standards.[14] The adoption dates for those states that chose to adopt the Common Core State Standards Initiative are all within the two years following this announcement.[15] The common standards are funded by the governors and state schools chiefs, with additional support from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation, and others.[16] States are planning to implement this initiative by 2015[17] by basing at least 85% of their state curricula on the Standards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Core_State_Standards_Initiative

Last edited:

Forum List

Back