Parents Of Michigan High School Shooting Suspect Charged With Four Counts Of Involuntary Manslaughter

Whatever it was I posted, you and I read very differently. And it seems my reading of it is in line with that of the State.

I am truly lost at what ever point you are trying to hard to make without actually saying it straight out

I quoted it.

You posted this.

You may be criminally and civilly liable for any harm caused by a person less than 18 years of age who lawfully gains unsupervised access to your firearm if unlawfully stored.

It doesn't appear is was unlawfully stored.

I don’t think you understand involuntary manslaughter, which is what they’ve been charged with. It doesn’t require intent, it requires some measure of reckless disregard for life.

Are you going to apply those same standards to the guy who plowed through a crowd in Winsconsin?

He had a rap sheet 50 pages long, and his mother admitted he had mental illness. So, she KNEW of his problems and done nothing about it.

Are you also going to call for the heads of the judges who let him out of jail early and often?

WHY was Darrell Brooks even on the streets? Waukesha ...

WHY was Darrell Brooks even on the streets? Waukesha parade 'killer' with 22-year rap sheet was bailed twice this year alone and had bond lowered from $7,000 to just $500 in February​

Mother Of Darrell Brooks Releases Letter To Victims Of ...

Brooks’ mother, Dawn Woods, released a letter to the media offering condolences to the victims. She says Brooks has had mental health issues since he was young but does not have the money or insurance to get his medication.

Sure, that's what I'm getting at. I'm wondering what we don't know for the charges to have been filed. There doesn't seem to be a law that addresses this.

I doubt very many people think their kid would do something like this.
Given the last 20 years of school shootings, it’s time for EVERY parent to consider the possibility that their kid could do such a thing - especially if they have firearms in their home. It’s unreasonable to carry on obliviously given the current climate in our society.

I quoted it.

You posted this.

You may be criminally and civilly liable for any harm caused by a person less than 18 years of age who lawfully gains unsupervised access to your firearm if unlawfully stored.

It doesn't appear is was unlawfully stored.

You keep saying it doesn't appear is was unlawfully stored, then you admit you do not know what the law is in Michigan for lawful storage....so how can it appear it was lawfully stored when you do not know even what is required for lawful storage?

You keep saying it doesn't appear is was unlawfully stored, then you admit you do not know what the law is in Michigan for lawful storage....so how can it appear it was lawfully stored when you do not know even what is required for lawful storage?
I'm disappointed to read that they're hanging this on a gun charge. It shouldn't matter whether he used a gun or a kitchen knife. Parents who raise unhinged nut jobs, who then wreak havoc on society, should be held accountable for.

Are you going to apply those same standards to the guy who plowed through a crowd in Winsconsin?

He had a rap sheet 50 pages long, and his mother admitted he had mental illness. So, she KNEW of his problems and done nothing about it.

Are you also going to call for the heads of the judges who let him out of jail early and often?

WHY was Darrell Brooks even on the streets? Waukesha ...

WHY was Darrell Brooks even on the streets? Waukesha parade 'killer' with 22-year rap sheet was bailed twice this year alone and had bond lowered from $7,000 to just $500 in February​

Mother Of Darrell Brooks Releases Letter To Victims Of ...

Brooks’ mother, Dawn Woods, released a letter to the media offering condolences to the victims. She says Brooks has had mental health issues since he was young but does not have the money or insurance to get his medication.
I’m not sure what you are trying to get at with this post?

A parent is no longer responsible for the behavior of their children once they are adults, except in limited circumstances.

As a former prosecutor I fully support accountability for the prosecutor and judge who fucked up the bond determination on this guy - low bonds are for non violent offenders and first time offenders, not habitual offenders with history of violence and bail jumping. This was an outrageous cock up, no question.

Neither of these issues has anything to do with the legal difference between murder and manslaughter. The Wisconsin parade killer has been charged with murder, so the prosecutor clearly believes they can prove intent.

Given the last 20 years of school shootings, it’s time for EVERY parent to consider the possibility that their kid could do such a thing - especially if they have firearms in their home. It’s unreasonable to carry on obliviously given the current climate in our society.

I don't think it's unreasonable for the vast majority of parents to not consider the possibility. For the overwhelming vast majority it's such a remote possibility that it's near non existent.

Based upon what we know (which is limited) it would seem the school has had concerns and have contacted the parents.

Parents who raise unhinged nut jobs should be held accountable for.

That is a step too far. Often times despite the parent's best efforts their children turn out bad. Humans are just that human, and some of them are just born evil

Based upon what has been posted...........................

Based upon what has been posted...........................

So, you are trusting a bunch of internet lawyers on a political forum instead of the DAs office that actually knows the law of the state?

Whatever works for you I guess

He made a video on his phone about killing students.

Did the parents know about the video,,?

Did they supply him the firearm?

Did they offer him a ride to the school and told him to go kill those kids?

I doubt the D.A. will win this case against the parents unless they can prove the parents were involved in the murders…

I think they are just incredibly mean to blame and charge the parents.

That's Gretchen Whitmer's Michigan for you ---- there is just something seriously wrong with that state.

I am guessing that the kid's parents are being labeled accessories/accomplices since they pretty much provided him with what he used to carry out his agenda. It makes sense. Why shouldn't there be a thorough house cleaning for something this severe?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

They are not required to, but if they do not they can be held liable...

You may be criminally and civilly liable for any harm caused by a person less than 18 years of age who lawfully gains unsupervised access to your firearm if unlawfully stored. As such, a trigger lock, gun case or other device designed to prevent unauthorized access to a firearm is strongly recommended.
Charge the members of the school board with criminal negligence for failure to protect the children from mass shooters like this

That is a step too far. Often times despite the parent's best efforts their children turn out bad. Humans are just that human, and some of them are just born evil
The point isn't that it's their fault the child turned out bad. The point is that they didn't ensure that the child was sane before releasing them on the world. If there were signs that the kid was as time bomb, and there almost always are, parents should be held accountable for not doing something about it.

Forum List

Back