Parents Of Michigan High School Shooting Suspect Charged With Four Counts Of Involuntary Manslaughter

Did the parents know about the video,,?

Did they supply him the firearm?

Did they offer him a ride to the school and told him to go kill those kids?

I doubt the D.A. will win this case against the parents unless they can prove the parents were involved in the murders…

When he was shopping for ammo during classes, his mother said don't get caught,

You may be criminally and civilly liable for any harm caused by a person less than 18 years of age who lawfully gains unsupervised access to your firearm if unlawfully stored.

It doesn't appear is was unlawfully stored.
I just read that the prosecutor is saying the gun had to be locked, stored unloaded with bullets separately stored, and no access to it by anyone else but the owner. That this is Michigan law.

I very much doubt this.

It looks like the school terrorist's parents in Michigan will be called to account, as well they should be. A 15 year old has no business with a firearm, regardless of the circumstances, nada. Bigly

Since Fox has been covering it you are simply showing your bias again. It's OK to repeat the party line, but you should check first to make sure you don't sound like a fool.

When he was shopping for ammo during classes, his mother said don't get caught,
Yeah, but was that about looking at the phone for ammo, and if so that is not against the law…

Look, the parents are poster parents of what shouldn’t be raising a kid for damn sure but I doubt they get the conviction on them…

I think they are just incredibly mean to blame and charge the parents.
Tell the parents of the dead kids that the prosecutor is being "mean". If you leave a gun laying around the house and you know your kid is mentally unstable, you have culpability. I'm sure the prosecutor will be able to pretty easily prove involuntary manslaughter based on known information.

Aren't they charging the kid as an adult?
Yes, and I don’t agree with that - current neuroscience has established beyond doubt that 15 year olds are not culpable at the same level as mature adults of average or higher intelligence.
Charging him as an adult does not remove the parental responsibility for his behavior, because he is clearly a minor under their control - or in this case, allowed to run wild with free access to firearms.

I searched the doc under "involuntary" and "life" and saw no mention of life imprisonment.

sigh...

The link I gave listed it as a Class 3 Felony...the sentence in Ill for a Class 3 Felony is between 2 and 5 years in prison.

It gets old hand feeding you people. Have you never heard of Google?

sigh...

The link I gave listed it as a Class 3 Felony...the sentence in Ill for a Class 3 Felony is between 2 and 5 years in prison.

It gets old hand feeding you people. Have you never heard of Google?
Hey dipshit last time I checked 2 to 5 isnt a life term.

I think they are just incredibly mean to blame and charge the parents.
If they owned a dangerous dog, and kept letting it off leash in the neighborhood, and eventually it killed someone - how would you feel then?

So, you are trusting a bunch of internet lawyers on a political forum instead of the DAs office that actually knows the law of the state?

Whatever works for you I guess

You know better than to do this. This is the crap you regularly get from the weakest posters here.

- or in this case, allowed to run wild with free access to firearms.

Ohhh! All of a sudden you're erecting some very serious challenges to the pro-gun fraternity. I just can't wait to hear what gunner #'s 1 and 2 have to say about that!

I just read that the prosecutor is saying the gun had to be locked, stored unloaded with bullets separately stored, and no access to it by anyone else but the owner. That this is Michigan law.

I very much doubt this.

Perhaps so.

You know better than to do this. This is the crap you regularly get from the weakest posters here.

You are doubting what we, the people on this forum are telling you. We do not know shit except what we found with the Google. We do not know the law all that well, from waht I read I think they are valid charges....you disagree.

Why do you assume that the DA's office does not know what they are doing?

Forum List

Back