Parents Of Michigan High School Shooting Suspect Charged With Four Counts Of Involuntary Manslaughter

That was discussed. That only created lots of questions, IMO.
I believe it is seriously a matter of whom one can identify with or relate to...Easier to paint these parents and this kid with a more sympathetic brush....Easier to excuse this away as a kid who was troubled....dealing with mental issues...etc....

But.......Let's say this kid was Muslim....no matter how "troubled" or "mentally unstable" we try to paint that kid out to be....If he murdered 4 of his classmates -- and then we find out he had a countdown to the shooting on his social media page -- and we find out that his mom texted him the day "Don't do it"....really, it won't even matter what she texted him, the fact she texted him at all would be seen as being complicit...

I have no doubt that there will be a massive call for both the parents and the child to be brought up on terror charges...and if they went to a mosque, that whole mosque would be under investigation too...

Remember, it wasn't that long ago that folks were calling this kid a terrorist for bring a clock to school.....I'm sure there are people who still would call him a terrorist.....imagine if he shot 4 people instead....

_85589317_4163c0e1-3c48-44ab-af0f-c53360632e81.jpg

I’m sorry to hear that you think protecting students in school is a stupid idea

If only I had said that, but with your IQ of a head of cabbage, that is what you think I said.

I guess I was when I read your post...we all make mistakes...
That's not what you seemed to be saying to me a few posts ago, dipshit. Oh I get it. When you make a mistake, it's just oh well. When someone else does, you have to "hand feed them".

You are doubting what we, the people on this forum are telling you. We do not know shit except what we found with the Google. We do not know the law all that well, from waht I read I think they are valid charges....you disagree.

Why do you assume that the DA's office does not know what they are doing?

I quoted and replied based upon what you provided. Others have noted that they do not believe what you posted is true.

Ohhh! All of a sudden you're erecting some very serious challenges to the pro-gun fraternity. I just can't wait to hear what gunner #'s 1 and 2 have to say about that!
I'm not a "gunner" (never owned one), but this isn't a gun issue. It's a mental health and shitty parenting issue. He might have chosen to drive his car into a crowd instead. Would you start screaming for more vehicle regulation in that case?

Last edited:
I'm not a "gunner" (never owned one), but this isn't a gun issue. It's a mental health and shitty parenting issue. He might have chosen to drive his car into a crowd instead. Would you start screaming for vehicle regulation in that case?
Vehicles are regulated.

The enablers of the murderer ("the parents") are now evading law enforcement. The public is advised not to approach them.

It's not reasonable to think that parents would know that their kid was going to take out the car to kill people. The car isn't a weapon that's purpose is to kill people.

So it was just an analogy but it wasn't a suitable one.
The purpose of a gun is to shoot a bullet at a target, your thinking it's only for killing people is kinda sick.

I believe it is seriously a matter of whom one can identify with or relate to...Easier to paint these parents and this kid with a more sympathetic brush....Easier to excuse this away as a kid who was troubled....dealing with mental issues...etc....

You are making a bigger picture argument here but just as it applies here in this one instance it would appear that perhaps he did have some issues. I am questioning those issues.

But.......Let's say this kid was Muslim....no matter how "troubled" or "mentally unstable" we try to paint that kid out to be....If he murdered 4 of his classmates -- and then we find out he had a countdown to the shooting on his social media page -- and we find out that his mom texted him the day "Don't do it"....really, it won't even matter what she texted him, the fact she texted him at all would be seen as being complicit...

I have no doubt that there will be a massive call for both the parents and the child to be brought up on terror charges...and if they went to a mosque, that whole mosque would be under investigation too...

Remember, it wasn't that long ago that folks were calling this kid a terrorist for bring a clock to school.....I'm sure there are people who still would call him a terrorist.....imagine if he shot 4 people instead....

View attachment 571347

I've noted elsewhere that there is nothing here that would make me support terrorism charges. Maybe we will find out that there is some hazy group behind this that egged him on to do what he did but lacking that, I do not support the "terrorism" label.

Yes, and I don’t agree with that - current neuroscience has established beyond doubt that 15 year olds are not culpable at the same level as mature adults of average or higher intelligence.
Charging him as an adult does not remove the parental responsibility for his behavior, because he is clearly a minor under their control - or in this case, allowed to run wild with free access to firearms.

I agree to a certain extent. If they can prove the parents knew he had the gun or something similar, then they deserve to be charged.

This is true.

If it's true they knew something I would have to agree they need to charged.
I agree.
1). If they bought the gun, which it appears they did, and carelessly left it 'out' and the kid took it without their knowledge, then there is no way they should charge the parents with manslaughter.
Maybe some careless 'weapons' charge, but not manslaughter.

2). If they knew their son (I don't know how you prove this unless they confess or through documented text messages) was going to use the gun to kill others and purposefully left the gun available, then yes, they should be held accountable too.

I agree.
1). If they bought the gun, which it appears they did, and carelessly left it 'out' and the kid took it without their knowledge, then there is no way they should charge the parents with manslaughter.
Maybe some careless 'weapons' charge, but not manslaughter.

2). If they knew their son (I don't know how you prove this unless they confess or through documented text messages) was going to use the gun to kill others and purposefully left the gun available, then yes, they should be held accountable too.
They are being charged with involuntary manslaughter. Pretty sure that would be fairly easy to prove.

If only I had said that, but with your IQ of a head of cabbage, that is what you think I said.
Now you are weaseling out of your previous position

You laughed and called me stupid when I held the school board accountable for not protecting the children

You are making a bigger picture argument here but just as it applies here in this one instance it would appear that perhaps he did have some issues. I am questioning those issues.

I've noted elsewhere that there is nothing here that would make me support terrorism charges. Maybe we will find out that there is some hazy group behind this that egged him on to do what he did but lacking that, I do not support the "terrorism" label.
I am not saying you would support any terrorism label...

I am saying that if the situation was the same....and the only difference is that the kid was a muslim.....all of the people whining about these parents being charged -- will not be saying shit...

I don't think the parents should be charged with anything.....However, I think the mother is a shitty mother.....

The school should be sued tho....

Forum List

Back