Paris raid

I posted that in another thread and nobody wanted to address it, probably because some of the sycophants had just been talking about how most of the refugees were women and therefore posed no threat. :lol:

I posted that in another thread and nobody wanted to address it, probably because some of the sycophants had just been talking about how most of the refugees were women and therefore posed no threat. :lol:

There valid refugees, most of them, but you can't take for granted that just because they are women or young teens and even preteens that they pose not possible threat or have no ties to terrorists.

Just as many white protestant women as muslim women wear suicide vests----it is a custom related to geography and ancient culture

There valid refugees, most of them, but you can't take for granted that just because they are women or young teens and even preteens that they pose not possible threat or have no ties to terrorists.
Perhaps, but there's no way of knowing, for sure.

I'm am sorry but.........

One scene show a number of solders and police all looking at the camera and I almost though they would wave and say "hi mom". Except for the weapons their faces look relax or relieved. Police posture act like this is over but TV commentator make is sound like this in an ongoing raid.

Now it's five live arrested.

Four police wounded, I hope not badly.

Just as many white protestant women as muslim women wear suicide vests----it is a custom related to geography and ancient culture
Oh, OK. Got a link?

ask POGO
No, you're the one posting here.

I have no link-----other than Pogo who has PROVEN----that actions which are attributed to muslims are WRONGLY attributed to "islam" or "muslim culture"---when IN FACT they are actions common to all people ----rooted in ancient human
behavior and common to ALL GROUPS across the globe

Hideout of mastermind raided...

Shootout in northern Paris as police hunt attackers: sources
18 Nov.`15 - Shooting broke out in northern during a dawn raid by police hunting those behind the attacks that claimed 129 lives in the French capital five days ago, sources said.
Several police were wounded in the anti-terrorism raid, said a source close to the operation, which began before dawn in the suburb of Saint Denis. Police sources said several unidentified men were still holed up in an apartment as the operation continued at 06:15 am (0515 GMT). The area is home to the Stade de France, one of several places hit by gunmen and suicide bombers on Friday in the worst ever attack on French soil, which was claimed by the Islamic State jihadist group. Firemen told AFP they they joined the operation against "an armed group holed up in an apartment" at 04:31 am, without giving any further details, adding that one person was lightly hurt.

11c55b8c3c1daa985e40f91fa4ab4021

The Islamic State group released a video showing one of its fighters in Iraq vowing to attack Washington the way Paris was attacked last week. Meantime France's president says he wants to unite forces with the US and Russia against IS.​

The area was closed down and intermittent gunfire could still be heard an hour after it started. Another source said a special armed response unit took part in the raid, which comes as Europe was on high alert after footage from the scene of one of Friday's attacks revealed a ninth suspect may have taken part. It was not clear if this ninth man was one of two suspected accomplices detained in Belgium or was on the run, potentially with 26-year-old fugitive Frenchman Salah Abdeslam who carried out one of the attacks at Bonne Biere cafe along with his suicide-bomber brother Brahim.

Part-WAS-Was8983006-1-1-1.jpg

Police conduct an operation in Saint-Denis, near Paris on November 18, 2015, five days after the terror attacks that killed 129 people​

French President Francois Hollande on Wednesday will hold a meeting to discuss proposals to extend by three months the state of emergency declared after the worst attacks in French history. It will then be put to vote by lawmakers Thursday and Friday. In a sign of the nervousness gripping Europe after Friday's carnage, a football match between Germany and the Netherlands was cancelled Tuesday and the crowd evacuated after police acted on a "serious" bomb threat. As police stepped up the hunt for the fugitives, French and Russian jets pounded IS targets in the group's Syrian stronghold of Raqa for a third consecutive day.

- 'Screw them, we have champagne' -

See also:

2 dead, 5 arrested in raid targeting Paris attack mastermind
Nov 18,`15 -- A woman wearing an explosive suicide vest blew herself up Wednesday as heavily armed police tried to storm a suburban Paris apartment where the suspected mastermind of last week's gun and bomb rampage was believed to be holed up, police said. They said one man was also killed and five people arrested in the standoff, which began before dawn and continued more than five hours later. One person remained inside the apartment.
A senior police official said he believed Abdelhamid Abaaoud, a Belgian Islamic State militant, was inside the apartment in the Paris suburb of Saint-Denis with five other heavily armed people. The official, who was not authorized to be publicly named according to police rules but is informed routinely about the operation, said scores of police stormed the building and were met with unexpectedly violent resistance. Another police official not authorized to be publicly named because of police rules said four police officers were injured. No hostages were being held. The Paris prosecutor's office said SWAT teams arrested three people in the apartment. It said they haven't been identified yet. Another man and woman were detained near the apartment, the office said in a statement. French President Francois Hollande held holding an emergency meeting with senior ministers at the Elysee Palace to monitor the raid.

Residents said an explosion shook the neighborhood at about 4 a.m. (0300GMT). "Then there was a second big explosion. Then two more explosions. There was an hour of gunfire," said Baptiste Marie, a 26-year-old independent journalist who lives in the neighborhood. Another witness, Amine Guizani, said he heard the sound of grenades and automatic gunfire. "They were shooting for an hour. Nonstop. There were grenades. It was going, stopping. Kalashnikovs. Starting again," Guizani said. Sporadic bangs and explosions continued, and at 7:30 a.m. (0630GMT) at least seven explosions shook the center of Saint-Denis. Associated Press reporters at the scene could hear what sounded like grenade blasts from the direction of the standoff. Investigators have identified 27-year-old Abaaoud, a Belgian of Moroccan descent, as the chief architect of Friday's attacks in Paris, which killed 129 people and injured 350 others.

9f82224ee1d54543b21b95d1d9568aea_0-big.jpg

Soldiers patrol in St. Denis, a northern suburb of Paris, Wednesday, Nov. 18, 2015. Authorities in the Paris suburb of St. Denis are telling residents to stay inside during a large police operation near France's national stadium that two officials say is linked to last week's deadly attacks.​

A U.S. official briefed on intelligence matters said Abaaoud was a key figure in an Islamic State external operations cell that U.S. intelligence agencies have been tracking for many months. Police vans and fire trucks rushed to the scene north of Paris, less than two kilometers (just over a mile) from the Stade de France stadium. Three suicide bombers blew themselves up Friday near the stadium during an international soccer match with French President Francois Hollande in attendance. In Saint-Denis on Wednesday, police cordoned off the area nearby, including a pedestrian zone lined with shops and 19th-century apartment buildings. Riot police cleared people from the streets, pointing guns at curious residents to move them off the roads. Saint-Denis is one of France's most historic places. French kings were crowned and buried through the centuries in its famed basilica. Today it is home to a vibrant and very ethnically diverse population and sees sporadic tension between police and violent youths.

Saint-Denis Mayor Didier Paillard said public transport was suspended and that schools in the center of town would not open Wednesday. Seven attackers died in Friday's attacks, which targeted several bars and restaurants and the Bataclan concert hall, as well as the national stadium. The Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for the carnage. Police had said before the raids that they were hunting for two fugitives suspected of taking part as well as any accomplices. That would bring the number of attackers to at least nine. French authorities had previously said that at least eight people were directly involved in the bloodshed: seven who died in the attacks and one who got away and slipped across the border to Belgium. However, there have been gaps in officials' public statements, which have never fully disclosed how many attackers took part in the deadly rampage.

MORE

Last edited:
Hideout of mastermind raided...

Shootout in northern Paris as police hunt attackers: sources
18 Nov.`15 - Shooting broke out in northern during a dawn raid by police hunting those behind the attacks that claimed 129 lives in the French capital five days ago, sources said.
Several police were wounded in the anti-terrorism raid, said a source close to the operation, which began before dawn in the suburb of Saint Denis. Police sources said several unidentified men were still holed up in an apartment as the operation continued at 06:15 am (0515 GMT). The area is home to the Stade de France, one of several places hit by gunmen and suicide bombers on Friday in the worst ever attack on French soil, which was claimed by the Islamic State jihadist group. Firemen told AFP they they joined the operation against "an armed group holed up in an apartment" at 04:31 am, without giving any further details, adding that one person was lightly hurt.

11c55b8c3c1daa985e40f91fa4ab4021

The Islamic State group released a video showing one of its fighters in Iraq vowing to attack Washington the way Paris was attacked last week. Meantime France's president says he wants to unite forces with the US and Russia against IS.​

The area was closed down and intermittent gunfire could still be heard an hour after it started. Another source said a special armed response unit took part in the raid, which comes as Europe was on high alert after footage from the scene of one of Friday's attacks revealed a ninth suspect may have taken part. It was not clear if this ninth man was one of two suspected accomplices detained in Belgium or was on the run, potentially with 26-year-old fugitive Frenchman Salah Abdeslam who carried out one of the attacks at Bonne Biere cafe along with his suicide-bomber brother Brahim.

Part-WAS-Was8983006-1-1-1.jpg

Police conduct an operation in Saint-Denis, near Paris on November 18, 2015, five days after the terror attacks that killed 129 people​

French President Francois Hollande on Wednesday will hold a meeting to discuss proposals to extend by three months the state of emergency declared after the worst attacks in French history. It will then be put to vote by lawmakers Thursday and Friday. In a sign of the nervousness gripping Europe after Friday's carnage, a football match between Germany and the Netherlands was cancelled Tuesday and the crowd evacuated after police acted on a "serious" bomb threat. As police stepped up the hunt for the fugitives, French and Russian jets pounded IS targets in the group's Syrian stronghold of Raqa for a third consecutive day.

- 'Screw them, we have champagne' -

where have you been? Islamo Nazi supporters have been INSISTING that the
entire operation involved ONLY 8 persons------the rest of the BILLION muslims
were absolutely not involved ------in fact were praying all day

Oh, OK. Got a link?

ask POGO

I have no link-----other than Pogo who has PROVEN----that actions which are attributed to muslims are WRONGLY attributed to "islam" or "muslim culture"---when IN FACT they are actions common to all people ----rooted in ancient human
Proven? According to him, perhaps. YOU made a claim. Back it up or retract it.

Oh, OK. Got a link?

ask POGO

yes----proven according to HIM. not me------do you know what the word FACETIOUS means?

These criminals cannot be dignified even by calling them representative of anything other than their small minded urge to violence. Whatever Islam may or may not be, these thugs only display a lust for the lowest form of human hate. We cannot call such disgusting behavior anything other than that. It has nothing to do with religion, and we are not obliged to believe them just because they might say it does.

There4eyeM, I think when they tell us they are acting on their religion we should listen. I'm aware that people may interpret their particular religions holy book however they may, but there are plenty of 'slay them', 'smite them' and other 'hate for the infidel' verses in the quran, just look them up. The terrorists take them to heart and act on them, others don't, but they are there regardless of how one decides to view them, imbedded in their religion, just like those who act on them keep telling us. Politicians, apologists and the odd al taqqyist can state that these terrorist murderers are behaving 'unislamically' ad infinitum, but they really have no right to say that and it's simply not true, a bit of appeasement that I doubt genuinely fools many people.

I'm sure the police would rather have just shot them all. Of course any live ones will have intel. Too bad. They all deserve to die.

These criminals cannot be dignified even by calling them representative of anything other than their small minded urge to violence. Whatever Islam may or may not be, these thugs only display a lust for the lowest form of human hate. We cannot call such disgusting behavior anything other than that. It has nothing to do with religion, and we are not obliged to believe them just because they might say it does.
Their own religious book, the Quran, tells them to wage war and kill infidels, it is their religion that is the problem.

Oh, OK. Got a link?

ask POGO

yes----proven according to HIM. not me------do you know what the word FACETIOUS means?
I do and thank you. I should have seen the tongue in your cheek. Forgive me but possum boy has been on ignore for quite a while and I'm not aware of his current idiocy.

Oh, OK. Got a link?

ask POGO

You had me going there, irosie91. :lol:

Forum List

Back