Parkland shooting survivor Sydney Aiello takes her own life

Why is it that these children have no inner strength? It's the worst kind of failing them.
We've created an entire generation of hypersensitive neurotics, so focused on their feelings that they are essentially existing as an open emotional wound. Safe spaces, micro aggression, trigger warnings, dividing them into little competing grievance groups, on and on and on.

What did we expect?

That's just hideously callous. This young lady was traumatized by people close to her getting blown away for no reason.
And you want to blame "hypersensitive neuroses"? Really??

Ridiculous post.

The young boy who committed the mass shooting in Parkland had a reason- a pretty piss poor one, but a reason.

Apparently, the boy was teased and bullied in school, and felt that a mass shooting was appropriate.

All of this demonization of bullying set him off. Time IMHO to quit the persecution of the practitioners of bullying, which makes this kind of thing acceptable in people's minds.

Young folks need to realize they will be bullied throughout their lives, and it helps to build character. When I was 12, I was a skinny little kid, still a couple of years before my growth spurt. Some of my classmates in school teased and bullied me and I told my old man. I was told to choose the smallest of the kids and slug him in front of everyone. Worked like a charm.

Nowadays, they throw kids out of school for sensible reactions to bullying, making extreme reactions like Parkland the only option.
Im sorry...what the fuck

Why is it that these children have no inner strength?
Excellent question.

We've created an entire generation of hypersensitive neurotics, so focused on their feelings that they are essentially existing as an open emotional wound. Safe spaces, micro aggression, trigger warnings, dividing them into little competing grievance groups, on and on and on.

What did we expect? Are we supposed to be surprised?
You're using a girl that was traumatized, saw her friends sprayed down and killed in front of her eyeballs and in real life, to promote your fucked up neener about "kids these days..."

Get a fuckin grip, dude. You have lived a sheltered cornball life compared to this girl, and she was probably a third of your age.
Suicide is the most cowardly thing anyone can do, but it does take care of its own....

Why is it that these children have no inner strength? It's the worst kind of failing them.

What did we expect?

That's just hideously callous. This young lady was traumatized by people close to her getting blown away for no reason.

Ridiculous post.

The young boy who committed the mass shooting in Parkland had a reason- a pretty piss poor one, but a reason.

Apparently, the boy was teased and bullied in school, and felt that a mass shooting was appropriate.

All of this demonization of bullying set him off. Time IMHO to quit the persecution of the practitioners of bullying, which makes this kind of thing acceptable in people's minds.

Young folks need to realize they will be bullied throughout their lives, and it helps to build character. When I was 12, I was a skinny little kid, still a couple of years before my growth spurt. Some of my classmates in school teased and bullied me and I told my old man. I was told to choose the smallest of the kids and slug him in front of everyone. Worked like a charm.

Nowadays, they throw kids out of school for sensible reactions to bullying, making extreme reactions like Parkland the only option.
Im sorry...what the fuck

He's bending over backward to find apologies for cruelty. Basically, fuck him.

Oddly this thread became a magnet for sociopaths. For them it's like a singles bar.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

What did we expect?

Ridiculous post.
The response I would have expected, thanks.

Actually, I have to agree with Pogo. I won't go as far as to say your response was callous, but I do think we have to take into consideration the trauma she experienced. This isn't your typical coddled snowflake offing herself over some nasty Instagram posts made against her. She was basically caught in a war zone. A lot of military service members complete their service without ever witnessing what she did, but of those who do, many come back fucked in the head with the same end result as her and they are adults.
I'm perfectly fine with callous. Our culture is in decay right now. It looks like another child has taken their life now (Second Parkland Shooting Survivor Apparently Dies By Suicide | HuffPost) and we're not paying attention to the big picture. The suicide rate is increasing as we speak.

We just raised two daughters and it's a freaking miracle that kids make it through adolescence these days. Whatever pressures you and I went through when we were growing up were not a thousandth of what these kids are seeing as a result of media, social media, and our culture in general.

And we're adding to it with the way we're treating them. I don't care what I get called for pointing out the obvious.

You speak ↑ for yourself there.

-If you're giving your kids your model of absence of empathy you're doing them a disservice. One hopes they're bright enough to reject this blame-the-victim bizarre mentality.

That's simple, because pubic education in America has gone to crap along with the hippie generation of piss poor excuses for parents.
Got any rocket tragectory problems that need a solution?

What does education have to do with committing suicide?

What did we expect?

Ridiculous post.

Just to entertain your reasoning momentarily -- let's stipulate that it's accurate, that the shooter felt buried under bullying and concluded to shoot it out in mass revenge. That would mean he got to that conclusion by deciding he wasn't going to go through the rest of his life scarred by that, and "if he was going down he was going to take them down with him"

---- Then you're saying he just has to suck it up and go through life scarred, and hey too bad, fuck him, because horrors, we can't impinge on the rights of bullies.

Then you're saying "quit persecuting bullies" while relating a story of your own dealing with it via violence on an innocent victim. That's fucked up on myriad levels; your old man did you a disservice there. Anything you "accomplished" was via intimidation --- which is the same fucked-up shit that was visited on you in the first place. So you just took a poisoned environment and bolstered it. Basically you're saying "the answer to a bad guy with fists is a good guy with bigger fists".

That seems to be what the shooter concluded too. See where that goes?

I'm just here to see people make fun of teens having a difficult time dealing with trauma and committing suicide.....its obviously lots of jokes one can make if you are depraved and evil enough ...

So far, the only ones I see making jokes call themselves conservatives/trumpers/republicans

"It’s well known that teens with access to a gun are far more likely to complete suicide, which is why the NRA’s opposition to safe storage laws is irrefutable proof that they’re just plain evil." - Dastardly David Hogg

They call New Zealand's all-out gun ban of semi-automatic rifles 'what leadership looks like.' i call it 'what tyranny looks like.'"

"It’s well known that teens with access to a gun are far more likely to complete suicide, which is why the NRA’s opposition to safe storage laws is irrefutable proof that they’re just plain evil." - Dastardly David Hogg

Teens don't have legal access to guns. David "Camera" Hogg is a doofus. I wonder how much he paid to get into college?

I can’t get over how terrible and tragic and sad this is. What a loss. These kids are being utterly failed.

D2RlgBSX0AA95eK.png
Suicide is the most cowardly thing anyone can do, But it does Take care of itself....
Horse shit.

Most suicides are right wingers in red states. I guess they’re just weak.
Or they’re really unhappy by what has happened to them and their states with Republicans in charge.
Only excuse for suicide is Cowardice...
But like I said before it does take care of itself
I hope you get cancer. I hope it kills you really slow, and you are in agony for months, begging to die.

I can’t get over how terrible and tragic and sad this is. What a loss. These kids are being utterly failed.

D2RlgBSX0AA95eK.png
Suicide is the most cowardly thing anyone can do, But it does Take care of itself....

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
Not always. Sometimes, it is a carefully-reasoned, entirely logical course of action.

I don't think I've ever read this level of callousness over an enlisted vet who suffered PTSD. Yet some expect more of a teenage girl who witnessed her classmates and best friend being gunned down. Yeah the school let her down. They should understand what these kids have been dealing with and provided counseling.

Have you ever given a thought to the millions of gang members we have in this country? Did it ever occur to you that they witness death from the time they can walk. Some, even before that. By the time they reach teen age they have already seen dozens killed. Black neighborhoods hardly have a single family that has not seen death. Last week a bunch of teenagers stabbed a friend 100 times and set him on fire. I guarantee you that 100 stab wounds is bloodier than getting gunned down.

You don't see survivors guilt there. Gang bangers don't suffer from PTSD. No. We make the wilting flowers. The girl's death is a tragedy. But it should never have happened. She should have been taught better.
Most gangbangers are, like you, sociopaths.

In one week, two Parkland survivors and the father of a Sandy Hook victim have taken their lives. The cost of gun violence in our country is too high, and too many have sat back and let it happen. We must take immediate action to end gun violence and the trauma that comes with it.
Please don’t hesitate to reach the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.

Forum List

Back