Pasta firm Barilla boycotted over 'classic family' remarks

I love Barilla.
I am concerned...perhaps homos eat more pasta than anyone else in the world, thus making their boycott somehow significant....

Nawwww.....lol.

Catholics of Italian descent aren't going to go crazy on Barilla, I promise you.

Alfalfa might lose a few pounds, though. What's a good queer-owned pasta manufacturer?

I make my own sauce but I will buy Barilla pasta from now on.......

Barilla-010.jpg

Where you going to buy it from? Amazon?

if I have to, I already buy blood orange juice and snowballs off amazon, *shrugs*

I'm sure losing 75% of the chain supermarket wholesale market in the US will be made up by Amazon orders...

I love Barilla.
I am concerned...perhaps homos eat more pasta than anyone else in the world, thus making their boycott somehow significant....

Nawwww.....lol.

Catholics of Italian descent aren't going to go crazy on Barilla, I promise you.

Alfalfa might lose a few pounds, though. What's a good queer-owned pasta manufacturer?

Where are they going to buy it?

I just sent a note to my local market...which is also a national/regional chain.

I wonder how many notes like mine will it take before they dump Barilla?

Lot's of pasta companies out there...

Hasn't Chick Fil A closed yet?

Most people really don't care about gay outrage. They might buy more Barilla rather than less simply because they are sick and tired of being led around by "outrage of the day".

CFA is different, they're retail. They can make up the loss of the gay and gay friendly market by having like minded gay haters eat there more often.

Barilla is wholesale. What will a gay hating christian do when they go their local Von's and there is no Barilla on the shelf?

You just don't get this, do you.

It's hilarious. Barilla is dead. All they had to say was they understood the concerns of their customers and would consider those concerns in future marketing campaigns. Instead they run and start humping the leg of jebus...for all the world to see.

As I said, if you got Barilla stock, dump it now, and I mean in the next 12 hours.

Barilla is privately owned by the Barilla family.

Hasn't Chick Fil A closed yet?

Most people really don't care about gay outrage. They might buy more Barilla rather than less simply because they are sick and tired of being led around by "outrage of the day".

CFA is different, they're retail. They can make up the loss of the gay and gay friendly market by having like minded gay haters eat there more often.

Barilla is wholesale. What will a gay hating christian do when they go their local Von's and there is no Barilla on the shelf?

You just don't get this, do you.

It's hilarious. Barilla is dead. All they had to say was they understood the concerns of their customers and would consider those concerns in future marketing campaigns. Instead they run and start humping the leg of jebus...for all the world to see.

As I said, if you got Barilla stock, dump it now, and I mean in the next 12 hours.

Barilla is privately owned by the Barilla family.

That's even worse...there are no stockholders or BOD to jump in and inject a little sanity into the situation.

IMO one of two things will happen. The Barilla family will stick to their bible guns and refuse to back down, sending the company into bankruptcy, or within 30 days you will see a 180 degree mea culpa from them including significant donations to LGBT causes.

I love Barilla.

Nawwww.....lol.

If USMB, a private entity, were to delete this post because of its hate and ignorance, that would not constitute a ‘violation’ of the poster’s ‘free speech.’

Conservatives need to understand that private society’s disdain for their hate and ignorance in no way ‘infringes’ upon their right to freely express that hate and ignorance.

I just sent a note to my local market...which is also a national/regional chain.

I wonder how many notes like mine will it take before they dump Barilla?

Lot's of pasta companies out there...

Gosh, how will national supermarket chains deal with the avalanche of up to 5 or 6 notes?

"Hmmm...let's see: Barilla products sell very well and bring customers into my store to buy other things as well. On the other hand, 5 or 6 people who give a shit about an interview on an Italian radio station sent me notes. What to do...what to do...?"

Because they are more concerned with profit than with the emoting of a teeny-tiny minority of cranks like you?

Lot's of pasta whole sellers out there...

And lots of pasta eaters too, very few of whom will give a shit about this guy's view on homosexuality one way or the other.

It's not the pasta eaters they have to worry about, it's the retailers who buy their product wholesale.

I thought I made this clear? Are you having a problem picking up on this?

I reckon this will actually boost their sales. A clever ploy to position themselves as the 'traditional Italian pasta' - a sobriquet that many producers in that industry have tried to claim. He was really using the old noodle there. This might help them elbow out the competition.

Yes, national and regional supermarket chains just can't wait to align themselves with homo hating companies aligned with the vatican...

Heheh...

The guy never said he "hated" homosexuals, and I've yet to hear of a national or regional supermarket chain that has taken a firm 'anti-Vatican' position.

You gotta get outside your own head once in a while, precious.

Lot's of pasta whole sellers out there...

And lots of pasta eaters too, very few of whom will give a shit about this guy's view on homosexuality one way or the other.

It's not the pasta eaters they have to worry about, it's the retailers who buy their product wholesale.

Which they will continue to do because customers will continue to purchase the product from said retailers no matter how much of a conniption you throw here today.

Which they will continue to do because customers will continue to purchase the product from said retailers no matter how much of a conniption you throw here today.

I'm not sure all you fag haters have quite understood the number one rule of fag haterdom...if you got a business don't put a bullseye on your asshole.

Barilla did just that.

I'm not sure all you fag haters have quite understood the number one rule of fag haterdom...if you got a business don't put a bullseye on your asshole.

Barilla did just that.

This is the point at which you apologize for making a false accusation against me. Go ahead, I'm waiting. And stop using so many slurs, sock.

"For us the concept of the sacred family remains one of the basic values of the company," he told Italian radio on Wednesday evening. "I would not do it but not out of a lack of respect for homosexuals who have the right to do what they want without bothering others … [but] I don't see things like they do and I think the family that we speak to is a classic family."

Because you know, fags can't have families...much less "sacred or classic families" and they never buy pasta...you know...for their nonexistent, non sacred/classic families.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back