Zone1 Pastor Steps Away From Duties Due to Sin

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't everybody except for Jesus sinned? Also what I want to know is what did he do? I hate cliffhangers!!

Dr. Tony Evans is one of the greatest most detailed and Biblically astute pastors in the world. He is a true man of God.

You will enjoy hearing and viewing all of this sermons.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't everybody except for Jesus sinned? Also what I want to know is what did he do? I hate cliffhangers!!

I am always leery of the mega-churches that are non-denominational. In his explanation he even cites how he "grew the church"--it's too easy to fall to pride. At any rate I hope he is restored

I am always leery of the mega-churches that are non-denominational. In his explanation he even cites how he "grew the church"--it's too easy to fall to pride. At any rate I hope he is restored
He was married for many years, and his wife died in 2019. This pastor was all alone in this world by himself for many years for 3-4 years after his wife passed. He just remarried in 2023 to a school teacher whose husband died many years ago. Other than that He has practically lived a flawless life of integrity. He does have four adult children (two boys and two girls).

The very famous and well known, Priscilla Shirer is his daughter. He father trained her since she was a little girl to be a good speaker of God's Word.

Last edited:
He was married for many years, and his wife died in 2019. This pastor was all alone in this world by himself for many years for 3-4 years after his wife passed. He just remarried in 2023 to a school teacher whose husband died many years ago. Other than that He has practically lived a flawless life of integrity. He does have four adult children (two boys and two girls).

The very famous and well known, Priscilla Shirer is his daughter. He father trained her since she was a little girl to be a good speaker of God's Word.

If HE believes this he makes a poor pastor indeed

Sounds like he got caught.
no, no such thing about getting caught; he did not do anything to, nor with any other human being.

whatever was done he says he himself called for a meeting with the elders of the church, and talked with them about it and they told him to handle it the same way that would be required of any other pastor to do.

no, no such thing about getting caught; he did not do anything to, nor with any other human being.

whatever was done he says he himself called for a meeting with the elders of the church, and talked with them about it and they told him to handle it the same way that would be required of any other pastor to do.

I'm just at a loss as to why you're automatically defending him. Good pastors are a blessing and a treasure. But in the end they're just humans. They fall; they sin; they need restoration sometimes.

Heathens crave gossip and they are wicked. Their hearts are dark and evil. They want to know that anyone associated with God is failing and they want details on the failure just as Job's friends did with him. They are of their father the devil.

So?

Does that mean he stops being a decent person?
That means that his mind was troubled as he was going through something in life he had never gone through before and had not expected to have to go through. As most men never expect to bury their wife. They expect her to bury them.

I'm just at a loss as to why you're automatically defending him. Good pastors are a blessing and a treasure. But in the end they're just humans. They fall; they sin; they need restoration sometimes.
now you're defending him too, and that's good

now you're defending him too, and that's good

There's a lot on this board about Christian behavior and Christian virtue and whatnot and not, IMO, enough about Jesus.

Again--for anyone reading along.

If we could do any of this on our own, Jesus would not have to lower Himself to be human and then die a horrid death on the Cross.

But He did. Because we cannot.

Not Tony Evans, most certainly not me, not anyone.

In the end it doesn't matter what Tony Evans did, and I don't really care. I hope he is restored, as I said.

In the end it MATTERS VERY MUCH what you believe Jesus did.

Let's just pray for Dr. Tony Evans, and enjoy his sermon(s) on prayers. I like that joke he tells, it's so funny.

That means that his mind was troubled as he was going through something in life he had never gone through before and had not expected to have to go through. As most men never expect to bury their wife. They expect her to bury them.

Problem is, we don't know when the sin happened. Some point in the past? Could be he slept with a crocodile when he was 21.

Forum List

Back