Paul Manafort indicted in New York moments after second sentencing – Whee!

Google "is Manaforst's state indictments double jeopardy" and post what you get.....!

Sure they do. Otherwise you wouldn't be responding to it.
Hmm, no, I'm pretty sure the courts will carry on as usual, no matter if you stroke out or not.
Is the SC infallible?
No, but I doubt some uneducated slob quoting the Constitution is a compelling argument in the world's highest court.
So you believe what the Constitution actually says isn't a good argument?

That has to be one of the dumbest things a prog has ever posted.

I believe wasn't clear on overlapping charges between levels of government. So the supreme Court clarified it . Twice.
Sure it is. I doesn't give a flying fuck about overlapping levels of government. it doesn't even mention government. It says you can't be tried twice for the same offense, period.

it doesn't even mention government.
Right, which is its flaw in your argument, and that which had to be clarified in the SCOTUS . In British commonlaw, it applied even to prosecutions in other countries. And the supreme Court said that's no good. And then they applied the same logic to states vs federal government, ruling them "separate sovereignties".

There are those "states' rights" you usually love so much.

I believe wasn't clear on overlapping charges between levels of government. So the supreme Court clarified it . Twice.
Sure it is. I doesn't give a flying fuck about overlapping levels of government. it doesn't even mention government. It says you can't be tried twice for the same offense, period.

You are too funny. Please keep going.

New York Charges Manafort With 16 Crimes. If He’s Convicted, Trump Can’t Pardon Him.

Yup....and trump said he knew nothing about it....what a frigin LIAR!

I think we all saw that coming. And more on the way. NY State as well as Maryland are waiting for Citizen Trump in the near future as well on about the same charges. They just can't touch Trump until after he becomes Citizen Trump. And it's a sad state of affairs when an Ex President may spend time in a State Lockup.
It's amazing to me how proud you are to show the world what a nasty vicious piece of shit you are.

Thank you for the compliment. Coming from you nasty vicious pieces of feces that's flattering.

NY indicts Manafort minutes after he’s sentenced to prison

A Manhattan grand jury has indicted President Trump’s former campaign manager Paul Manafort on charges of residential mortgage fraud and other state crimes, the Manhattan District Attorney’s office said Wednesday.

“No one is beyond the law in New York,” said DA Cy Vance Jr in a statement. “Following an investigation commenced by our Office in March 2017, a Manhattan grand jury has charged Mr. Manafort with state criminal violations which strike at the heart of New York’s sovereign interests, including the integrity of our residential mortgage market.”

The district attorney’s office determined some time ago that it would seek charges whether or not the president pardoned Mr. Manafort.

In the 16-count indictment, Manafort faces raps for residential mortgage fraud, attempted residential mortgage fraud, conspiracy, falsifying business records and scheme to defraud....

View attachment 250059

:happy-1:Here come the state charges. So pardons won't save his ass. Thanks, NY!
And Thank you American Hero Muller.

I wonder at what point, the Russians put him and the family down? It's cheaper.

btw: I wonder when state tax fraud indictments come? And other types as well.

Residential mortgage fraud?

Wow, Mueller and company finally proved Russian collusion

Amazing.

LMAO I agree. Residential mortgage fraud? Who knew?? Oh and how long ago did he commit this heinous crime?? Ten years or so??

Notice the only people who care about Manafort are the lefty loons on this board.

Personally I couldn't give shit one about Manafort.

You are too funny. Please keep going.

I love it when Numb Nuts continually embarasses himself. And he thinks his posts make him look smart.....

if they are separate statutes, is it the same offense?

It’s funny how none of this has anything to do with President Trump, yet it’s all about President Trump.

if they are separate statutes, is it the same offense?
Of course it is. They'll use the same evidence to convict him, won't they?

Forum List

Back