Paul Ryan: The "Clever" racist

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Paul Ryan insists his ‘inarticulate’ comments about ‘inner city’ men were not about race

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/...nts-about-inner-city-men-were-not-about-race/

Paul Ryan attempted to walk back Wednesday’s comment in which described a “culture in our inner cities in particular of men not working, and just generations of men not even thinking about working and learning the value and culture of work.”

In a statement issued to ThinkProgress, Ryan insisted that his comment wasn’t “a thinly veiled racial attack,” as Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, characterized it.

“It is clear that I was inarticulate about the point I was trying to make,” Ryan said in the statement. “I was not implicating the culture of one community—but of society as a whole. We have allowed our society to isolate or quarantine the poor rather than integrate people into our communities. The predictable result has been multi-generational poverty and little opportunity. I also believe the government’s response has inadvertently created a poverty trap that builds barriers to work.”

Ryan told a blogger from Crew of 42 that his initial comments had “nothing to do whatsoever with race.”

See?

When Paul talks about the "culture" of the citizens in the "inner city" he didnt mean "culture" or "inner city". What he really meant was everyone everywhere and just failed to "articulate" it correctly. :lol:

Good job GOP...Maybe you can win an election without blacks. Just stop defending shit like this and asking why you arent an attractive option for blacks.

Typically when you talk down to people....studies have shown they dont really appreciate it

Last edited:
Paul Ryan insists his ‘inarticulate’ comments about ‘inner city’ men were not about race

Paul Ryan attempted to walk back Wednesday’s comment in which described a “culture in our inner cities in particular of men not working, and just generations of men not even thinking about working and learning the value and culture of work.”

In a statement issued to ThinkProgress, Ryan insisted that his comment wasn’t “a thinly veiled racial attack,” as Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, characterized it.

“It is clear that I was inarticulate about the point I was trying to make,” Ryan said in the statement. “I was not implicating the culture of one community—but of society as a whole. We have allowed our society to isolate or quarantine the poor rather than integrate people into our communities. The predictable result has been multi-generational poverty and little opportunity. I also believe the government’s response has inadvertently created a poverty trap that builds barriers to work.”

Ryan told a blogger from Crew of 42 that his initial comments had “nothing to do whatsoever with race.”

See?

When Paul talks about the "culture" of the citizens in the "inner city" he didnt mean "culture" or "inner city". What he really meant was everyone everywhere and just failed to "articulate" it correctly. :lol:

Good job GOP...Maybe you can win an election without blacks. Just stop defending shit like this and asking why you arent an attractive option for blacks.

Typically when you talk down to people....studies have shown they dont really appreciate it

Are you saying that there isn't a problem specifically affecting black people in the inner cities? I think there is, and don't think it's wrong to talk about it in a direct way. Sadly, the poorest areas with broken families, poverty, joblessness in Chicago are predominately black (maybe 98%) and the richest areas are predominately white.

Not sure of the angle here..

Last edited:

See?

Are you saying that there isn't a problem specifically affecting black people, specifically in the inner cities? Not sure of the angle here..

Blacks won't admit to it as they'd have to admit that some of the criticism is right. Ego is far to big!

Isn't the "My Brother's Keeper" initiative, a program championed by Obama, an effort to target these exact same issues?

Sorry, I don't see any racism here.

Closed thinks crime doesn't exist in inner cities, unless it's the KKK

I mean, "racist" would be Paul Ryan saying that the blacks in those inner cities are inherently unintelligent and are destined to be in perpetual state of distress. But that's not the gist of his statement.

I agree with you.

Decent paying jobs = Respectable neighborhoods.
McDonald's workers sue for wage theft
Lets' hope this works!

Paul Ryan insists his ?inarticulate? comments about ?inner city? men were not about race | The Raw Story

See?

Typical progressive, more worried about the election and some perceived butthurt, than the actual problem Ryan is talking about.

The inner cities are mostly black, and they have a problem with work ethic, family ethic, crime and all sorts of other things. Its the truth, people just don't want to hear it.

See?

Are you saying that there isn't a problem specifically affecting black people in the inner cities? I think there is, and don't think it's wrong to talk about it in a direct way. Sadly, the poorest areas with broken families, poverty, joblessness in Chicago are predominately black (maybe 98%) and the richest areas are predominately white.

Blaming the problem on lazy blacks is racist no matter how many sentences you type to dance around it.

Isn't the "My Brother's Keeper" initiative, a program championed by Obama, an effort to target these exact same issues?

Sorry, I don't see any racism here.

Yep,

Obama even admits to it as he has more common sense ;) Doesn't take good sight to see we have a problem!

Makes me think less of Rep. Barbara Lee for crying wolf just to get her name in the paper and less of Ryan for being so mealy-mouth in walking back.

See?

Blaming the problem on lazy blacks is racist no matter how many sentences you type to dance around it.

Even if that culture is causing the crime within the inner-cities? SO truth and honesty is now a bad thing.

Closed thinks crime doesn't exist in inner cities, unless it's the KKK

I mean, "racist" would be Paul Ryan saying that the blacks in those inner cities are inherently unintelligent and are destined to be in perpetual state of distress. But that's not the gist of his statement.

I agree with you.

To liberals racism is just a weapon they employ, anything they can say is racism they do, eventually people will catch on.

Paul Ryan insists his ?inarticulate? comments about ?inner city? men were not about race | The Raw Story

See?

He's right and you have no authority to say what he meant.

Inner city blacks are either lazy or they simply like being on the Democrat plantation.

There is a segment of the black community that is useless...its not the entire black community or even the entire population of the inner city (code word for black neighborhood). In the same respect, there is a segment of the white community that is useless and it seems as if the GOP wants to ignore those problems and point to all crime and poverty as a problem unique to black communities.

It is a shame that a Republican cannot address issues in the black community without being called a racist.

It is a shame that a Republican ignores problems in the white communities, pretending that only blacks have such issues.

Its a shame that comments like this bring out the race baiters and rabble rousers.

Its a shame that comments like this embolden racists to spew their vitriol and hate.

Either way, the liberals and race baiters may not like the way Mr. Ryan presented this issue, perhaps they should take a step back and recognize that the GOP is encompassing the black experience into their agenda...now all they need to do is tweek how they present their message.

See?

No, pointing out they are lazy BECAUSE they are black would be racist. Pointing out the issues in da hood is reality, something progressives wish to ignore because it is THEIR POLICIES that created da hood in the first place.

There is a segment of the black community that is useless...its not the entire black community or even the entire population of the inner city (code word for black neighborhood). In the same respect, there is a segment of the white community that is useless and it seems as if the GOP wants to ignore those problems and point to all crime and poverty as a problem unique to black communities.

It is a shame that a Republican cannot address issues in the black community without being called a racist.

It is a shame that a Republican ignores problems in the white communities, pretending that only blacks have such issues.

Its a shame that comments like this bring out the race baiters and rabble rousers.

Its a shame that comments like this embolden racists to spew their vitriol and hate.

Either way, the liberals and race baiters may not like the way Mr. Ryan presented this issue, perhaps they should take a step back and recognize that the GOP is encompassing the black experience into their agenda...now all they need to do is tweek how they present their message.

Yes it occurs in white america, the difference is that progressives make black poverty a greater issue, and demand countless dollars to be spent on problem fixes that do not fix the problem.

Forum List

Back