Paul Ryan: The "Clever" racist

Are you saying that there isn't a problem specifically affecting black people in the inner cities? I think there is, and don't think it's wrong to talk about it in a direct way. Sadly, the poorest areas with broken families, poverty, joblessness in Chicago are predominately black (maybe 98%) and the richest areas are predominately white.

Not sure of the angle here..

Blaming the problem on lazy blacks is racist no matter how many sentences you type to dance around it.

Even if that culture is causing the crime within the inner-cities? SO truth and honesty is now a bad thing.

Crime? Why do you keep ignoring what I type....I said LAZINESS. The only way for it to be "truth" is to have evidence of laziness. Right? Or we're going to keep playing this game where Ryan "really meant" something else?

You seem to keep mentioning things I'm not talking about and expect me to defend it.

Are you saying that there isn't a problem specifically affecting black people in the inner cities? I think there is, and don't think it's wrong to talk about it in a direct way. Sadly, the poorest areas with broken families, poverty, joblessness in Chicago are predominately black (maybe 98%) and the richest areas are predominately white.

Blaming the problem on lazy blacks is racist no matter how many sentences you type to dance around it.

Even if that culture is causing the crime within the inner-cities? SO truth and honesty is now a bad thing.

I think you are missing the point and setting up a straw man.

Based on crime stats blacks have 5-6 times the murder rate compared to population.
Have 3-4 times the fatherless rate
More likely to end up unemployed

And Obama and the democrats are talking about this problem in public. So it is now racist to offer solutions and point it out?

Crime? Why do you keep ignoring what I type....I said LAZINESS. The only way for it to be "truth" is to have evidence of laziness. Right? Or we're going to keep playing this game where Ryan "really meant" something else?

You seem to keep mentioning things I'm not talking about and expect me to defend it.

I don't believe they're lazy but misdirected without a caring family in the house hood.

A lolberal calling out racism without even a hint to racial overtones to the comment. I'm shocked!

:lmao:

And 3 certified USMB racists in the OP to confirm. Nice work.

Paul Ryan insists his ‘inarticulate’ comments about ‘inner city’ men were not about race

Paul Ryan insists his ?inarticulate? comments about ?inner city? men were not about race | The Raw Story

Paul Ryan attempted to walk back Wednesday’s comment in which described a “culture in our inner cities in particular of men not working, and just generations of men not even thinking about working and learning the value and culture of work.”

In a statement issued to ThinkProgress, Ryan insisted that his comment wasn’t “a thinly veiled racial attack,” as Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, characterized it.

“It is clear that I was inarticulate about the point I was trying to make,” Ryan said in the statement. “I was not implicating the culture of one community—but of society as a whole. We have allowed our society to isolate or quarantine the poor rather than integrate people into our communities. The predictable result has been multi-generational poverty and little opportunity. I also believe the government’s response has inadvertently created a poverty trap that builds barriers to work.”

Ryan told a blogger from Crew of 42 that his initial comments had “nothing to do whatsoever with race.”

See?

When Paul talks about the "culture" of the citizens in the "inner city" he didnt mean "culture" or "inner city". What he really meant was everyone everywhere and just failed to "articulate" it correctly. :lol:

Good job GOP...Maybe you can win an election without blacks. Just stop defending shit like this and asking why you arent an attractive option for blacks.

Typically when you talk down to people....studies have shown they dont really appreciate it

Paul Ryan is an accidental racist.

Paul Ryan insists his ‘inarticulate’ comments about ‘inner city’ men were not about race

See?

When Paul talks about the "culture" of the citizens in the "inner city" he didnt mean "culture" or "inner city". What he really meant was everyone everywhere and just failed to "articulate" it correctly. :lol:

Good job GOP...Maybe you can win an election without blacks. Just stop defending shit like this and asking why you arent an attractive option for blacks.

Typically when you talk down to people....studies have shown they dont really appreciate it

Where did ryan use the word "lazy"?

There is a segment of the black community that is useless...its not the entire black community or even the entire population of the inner city (code word for black neighborhood). In the same respect, there is a segment of the white community that is useless and it seems as if the GOP wants to ignore those problems and point to all crime and poverty as a problem unique to black communities.

It is a shame that a Republican cannot address issues in the black community without being called a racist.

It is a shame that a Republican ignores problems in the white communities, pretending that only blacks have such issues.

Its a shame that comments like this bring out the race baiters and rabble rousers.

Its a shame that comments like this embolden racists to spew their vitriol and hate.

Either way, the liberals and race baiters may not like the way Mr. Ryan presented this issue, perhaps they should take a step back and recognize that the GOP is encompassing the black experience into their agenda...now all they need to do is tweek how they present their message.

You had me cheering along, right up until

he GOP is encompassing the black experience into their agenda...now all they need to do is tweek how they present their message.

The idea that the GOP knows everything they need to know about "the black experience" and only need a cosmetic little messaging "tweek" to be able to effectively champion the causes of blacks (or any other minorities for that matter) is wrong.

The GOP hasn't been into the communities, and they haven't LISTENED to people nearly enough to have anything other than a very distorted perspective about what "the black experience" is.

Now, what Paul Ryan said was correct. Heck, very prominent black people (including POTUS) have said the same thing. Good for Ryan. But let's not start slapping everyone on the back just yet.

See?

Blaming the problem on lazy blacks is what the left will claim was said no matter how far from the truth it is.

Where did Ryan use the word "Lazy"?

define inner city

Where did ryan use the word "lazy"?

He didn't. He was pointing out a cultural cancer where welfare keeps people from the incentive to work, and it's not a racial problem. It's a cultural one. But racists love to racce bait. It's their true projection model.

Cultural, economic, and racial segregation all work together to limit opportunity for poor inner city black people. This segregation feeds into itself only making the problem worse.

Blatant and straightforward racism like we had in the past really isn't the problem. People from both sides do discriminate based on culture though. Race can sometimes stop people from discriminating based on culture because they excuse the difference, while others use race to further justify their cultural discrimination.

I think you are missing the point and setting up a straw man.

So we don't need the brothers keeper and there isn't a problem. ;)

No there is a problem and we should look at it but....

Do I think Paul Ryan is a racist? No
Do I think Paul Ryan cares anything about inner city poor? No
Do I think Paul Ryan was playing to his base? Yes

People have to admit that there's a problem to be fixed in order to find solutions. Obama is admitting to this with his brothers keeper and has done it a few times in the past.

SO you're saying Obama is a liar?

Did Obama say there was a problem or did he blame an immeasurable such as "laziness".

See, in order for Paul statement to be try there has to be evidence of "laziness". Since there is no study or any way to measure the amount of lazy it has to come from his own perception.

His perception is not a fact.

People have to admit that there's a problem to be fixed in order to find solutions. Obama is admitting to this with his brothers keeper and has done it a few times in the past.

Did Obama say there was a problem or did he blame an immeasurable such as "laziness".

See, in order for Paul statement to be try there has to be evidence of "laziness". Since there is no study or any way to measure the amount of lazy it has to come from his own perception.

Where did he use the word lazy?

He never said that. You're injecting that strawman to the argument and running with, I presume, until the thread's death.

Forum List

Back