Paul Ryan's Look-Back On Gay...

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
Paul Ryan's Look-Back On Gay...

Preston Maddock
04/30/2013

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said Monday during a town hall event in Janesville, Wis., that he has changed his position on gay couples adopting children, WKOW reports.

An audience member at the event asked Ryan why he doesn't support same-sex marriage. Ryan said that while he continues to believe marriage should only be between a man and a woman, he now regrets voting in 1999 to ban same-sex couples in the District of Columbia from adopting children.

"Adoption, I’d vote differently these days. That was I think a vote I took in my first term, 1999 or 2000," Ryan said. "I do believe that if there are children who are orphans who do not have a loving person or couple, I think if a person wants to love and raise a child they ought to be able to do that. Period. I would vote that way."

<snip>

Who the fuck cares what you do inside of your room? Seriously, I'm sick of hearing about these idiots...

Keep it out of my face. Goddamnit. I don't care what they do, just keep it out of the public.

Last edited:
Who the fuck cares what you do inside of your room? Seriously, I'm sick of hearing about these idiots...

Keep it out of my face. Goddamnit. I don't care what they do, just keep it out of the public.

What are you afraid of?

Can you keep your heterosexuality out of the public eye?

The only reason a man would want to be gay is he likes the feel of it. True?

An audience member at the event asked Ryan why he doesn't support same-sex marriage. Ryan said that while he continues to believe marriage should only be between a man and a woman, he now regrets voting in 1999 to ban same-sex couples in the District of Columbia from adopting children.

Good for Ryan! His position is evolving in a positive conservative way.

Shaddap you liberal plant, Jake. You do realize he may be doing that purely to gain the LGBT vote in 2016, right? I mean who isn't? If all I did was switch positions for political reasons, I wouldn't give a shit about you when I'm in office.

I pity you gay folks on here, you were used, set up, had, double crossed. All for your vote.

Shut up Jake. You do realize he may be doing that purely to gain the LGBT vote in 2016, right? I mean who isn't? If all I did was switch positions for political reasons, I wouldn't give a shit about you when I'm in office.

I pity you gay folks on here, you were used, set up, had, double crossed. All for your vote.

Hey, shield maiden, no one made you a boss of anything, so stuff the SU up your butt. :lol:

I am sure that Ryan is aware of the change in America on the LGBT matter, but he is also a loving father, who wants all children to have loving parents.

Thinking folks grow, evolve, change: that's life's narrative. You are merely a reactionary load of crap in the Republican garden, shield maiden.

Last edited:
Struggling economy with 8% unemployment, high gas prices, food priced through the roof and all we hear about is, gay gay gay gay gay gay

I guess they are SPECIAL

yawn

Last edited:
We sure did from our far social traditionalists during the campaign.

I agree, Stephanie, with those who think both sides should just SU about it.

Republicans are weird - they whine, ("I agree, Stephanie, with those who think both sides should just SU about it.") about shutting up about stuff they're posting messages about.

Far be it from me to call anyone an idiot but-----but that strategery seems idiotic to me?

Republicans are weird - they whine, ("I agree, Stephanie, with those who think both sides should just SU about it.") about shutting up about stuff they're posting messages about.

Far be it from me to call anyone an idiot but-----but that strategery seems idiotic to me?

And. . . you are posting about . . . what seems idiotic to you . . . just what you are condemning? Hmmm?

Forum List

Back