Paula Deen Won't Have Contract Renewed

Seems a little much. :shrug:

Free speech and liberalism does not go hand in hand my coal cracka

Oddly enough I just visited Centralia for the first time a few months ago.

In any event I don't think it's a liberalism thing. It's an over-sensitization thing. I doubt you'll find many conservatives publicly coming to her rescue either.

Paula Deen is a mogul. Food Network needs her more than she needs them. She can start her OWN network if she so chooses and I hope she does.

I find it amazing that she didn't become a racist until she acquired money that someone decided they wanted and could get. This whole thing is hooey!

Paula Deen is one of my most admired people because she overcame a serious mental illness that many people NEVER come to be able to manage. She did that and became a financial success as well.

In any event I don't think it's a liberalism thing. It's an over-sensitization thing. I doubt you'll find many conservatives publicly coming to her rescue either.

:lol:

Did you lose a bet?

and as a conservative, I don't care. She's made millions, I have a stew pot with her face on it in my kitchen {cheapest stew pot I could find} and she's a full of shit liar about her food.

Personally..I think firing her was mean spirited and over the top.

She should have been suspended and made to apologize.

People aren't perfect and everyone makes mistakes.

Yes, she never got around to changing her registration to republican. I guarantee she votes a straight republican ticket. I have an older relative in the South who is the same.

Since voting is private, exactly how do you plan to guarantee that?

Going to buy as much Paula Deen stuff as I can tomorrow and will be calling cable company and asking them to drop the food network from my tv package. I am only 1 person but I support people I like. I LOVE her food true southern cook...

Did you lose a bet?

and as a conservative, I don't care. She's made millions, I have a stew pot with her face on it in my kitchen {cheapest stew pot I could find} and she's a full of shit liar about her food.

So living where you have a great view of the middle of nowhere wasn't enough? You had to go and see the smoking holes.

yeah

That's a real PA tourist hot spot.

:eusa_whistle:

only me and Cuyo get that joke w/o some google

Did you lose a bet?

So living where you have a great view of the middle of nowhere wasn't enough? You had to go and see the smoking holes.

yeah

I was alarmed at the number of spray-painted penises. Sooooo many spray-painted penises.

uhm

"Conservative" democrat?

Kinda like saying; A small whale.

Oh please.

There are plenty of them.

Only now the right wing is so far gone it's hard to tell.

One name should be easy to come up with.

keeping in mind, I, as a conservative, decide if that person has the creds.

pffftt..

That's like me running around getting you links and you sayin the news organization I chose isn't trustworthy.

No thanks.

I think the Food Network had every right to not renew her contract. She has become a liability for the company and companies need to look out for the shareholders, profit margins and feasibility to keep workers employed. That being said, it's a shame that using the N-word 20 years ago is fireable. There is not a single politician or person on this very site that would have passed that test.

uhm

"Conservative" democrat?

Kinda like saying; A small whale.

Oh please.

^Truth...

Not a whole lot looks anything but liberal next to the current crop of Republicans.

most reps are still moderate

a handful of conservatives got in, then ~ 1/2 turned out to be liars and ended up as moderates.

Oh please.

One name should be easy to come up with.

keeping in mind, I, as a conservative, decide if that person has the creds.

pffftt..

That's like me running around getting you links and you sayin the news organization I chose isn't trustworthy.

No thanks.
:cuckoo:

Link a Senators website. I'll read it, and as a mid-wing con, I'll judge if he's an actual conservative and not a liberal that picked a couple of conservative ideals to follow.

Did you lose a bet?

yeah

I was alarmed at the number of spray-painted penises. Sooooo many spray-painted penises.

funny thing about that place is that it's still a place with people living there.

drawing a blank, atm, but the place where they put the people that did move, is just so nice and when you make the comparison, it looks the the rich neighborhood.

Forum List

Back