Pedophilia in 2016

dpr112yme

Jul 1, 2016
Not All Pedophiles Have Mental Disorder, American Psychiatric Association Says In New DSM

Not All Pedophiles Have Mental Disorder, American Psychiatric Association Says In New DSM

In a move toward destigmatizing pedophilia, the American Psychiatric Association (APA) in its updated Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), distinguishes between pedophiles who desire sex with children, and those who act on those desires.

The former group — those who want to have sex with children but whose desires are not distressing or harmful to themselves or others — is no longer classified as having a psychiatric condition in the updated DSM.

“The difference [from the last edition of the DSM] is, you’re not automatically saying that as soon as someone has a marked, unusual erotic interest that they have a mental disorder,” said Ray Blanchard, who cowrote the chapter on sexual disorders in the new DSM.

The change in the DSM, a kind of Bible among medical professionals, lawmakers, and drug and insurance companies, doesn’t just apply to pedophilia, but to several other deviant sexual desires listed in the manual. It represents “a subtle but crucial difference that makes it possible for an individual to engage in consensual atypical sexual behavior without inappropriately being labeled with a mental disorder,” explains the APA in its DSM-5 Paraphilic Disorders Fact Sheet.

read entire article at: Not All Pedophiles Have Mental Disorder, American Psychiatric Association Says In New DSM

In a move toward destigmatizing pedophilia, the American Psychiatric Association (APA) in its updated Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), distinguishes between pedophiles who desire sex with children, and those who act on those desires.

The former group — those who want to have sex with children but whose desires are not distressing or harmful to themselves or others — is no longer classified as having a psychiatric condition in the updated DSM.

“The difference [from the last edition of the DSM] is, you’re not automatically saying that as soon as someone has a marked, unusual erotic interest that they have a mental disorder,” said Ray Blanchard, who cowrote the chapter on sexual disorders in the new DSM.

The change in the DSM, a kind of Bible among medical professionals, lawmakers, and drug and insurance companies, doesn’t just apply to pedophilia, but to several other deviant sexual desires listed in the manual. It represents “a subtle but crucial difference that makes it possible for an individual to engage in consensual atypical sexual behavior without inappropriately being labeled with a mental disorder,” explains the APA in its DSM-5 Paraphilic Disorders Fact Sheet.

read entire article at: Not All Pedophiles Have Mental Disorder, American Psychiatric Association Says In New DSM

Please notice that to have sexual ideations towards underage children ARE NOT considered a disorder IF they do not obstruct daily living necessities, such as grocery shopping, banking, etc.... But if the adults do engage in their fantasy with children and if they are not hindered in their daily life living routine, such as grocery shopping and banking, would that be considered a disorder?

How long will it be before the Democrats include an openly pro-pedophilia plank in their official platform?

I fear, now, that it is realistically likely that I will live to see that.

In some ways, it is a disappointment to me and my wife that we never had children, but on the other hand, if we did have children, I would be horrified at the thought of the world that we are leaving for them to grow up.

How long will it be before the Democrats include an openly pro-pedophilia plank in their official platform?

In some ways, it is a disappointment to me and my wife that we never had children, but on the other hand, if we did have children, I would be horrified at the thought of the world that we are leaving for them to grow up.

Yes... it's just another letter to be added to the lengthy and growing acronym which will eventually include all sexually deviant behavior.

Not All Pedophiles Have Mental Disorders ......
The same can be said for murderers, thieves, cheaters, liars, drunks, homosexuals and patriots/nationalists.
1f610.png

Science cannot recognize a spiritual element to the makeup of humankind.
Either that or science will not recognize it or is not allowed to recognize it.

Put it all together and what you have is a body of men who think they have the most important answers to life itself. They surely do not.
They can help man survive and have a more pleasant life, but they must bow down to theology if they truly want to know why we are here and what lies ahead.

Thank you for not reproducing, Bob.

The same can be said for murderers, thieves, cheaters, liars, drunks, homosexuals and patriots/nationalists.
1f610.png

The same can be said for those you have mentioned but this is the scary part. Maybe one day, pedophiles will be excused as a normal behavior, just as homosexuality and transgenderism has become.

1f610.png

The same can be said for those you have mentioned but this is the scary part. Maybe one day, pedophiles will be excused as a normal behavior, just as homosexuality and transgenderism has become.
Let's hope that we continue to understand the difference between the two.
unsure.gif

unsure.gif

At this time, we're giving undue credence to a movement that is increasingly becoming confused about the basic differences between men and women, male and female. If we get to where even that distinction is no longer widely understood, what hope is there for whatever distinction you're referring to?

unsure.gif

At this time, we're giving undue credence to a movement that is increasingly becoming confused about the basic differences between men and women, male and female. If we get to where even that distinction is no longer widely understood, what hope is there for whatever distinction you're referring to?

They are not 'confused'. They are simply ignoring it. This is easily proved. They've achieved very little in the way of obscuring 'distinctions', as you say. All they are doing is switching rolls.

My reference is to the distinction of those CAPABLE of understanding responsibilities, as opposed to those who cannot. Naturally, if we cross that line then I'll have to agree with you.

unsure.gif

A lot of people are parents, right and left, doesn't matter. People are going to want to protect their children from predators.

This is a 2013 article and it has been walked back.

A lot of people are parents, right and left, doesn't matter. People are going to want to protect their children from predators.

Their children? You mean the government's children, right? After all, it's the Progressive left who want the government raising our children with the "proper" values. We're too stupid to raise our own children.

Forum List

Back