Pelosi annoyed on abortion

Progressives are strange evil people. They not only want abortions "freely" available, they want to force women to have abortions and make the rest of us pay for them. An aborted fetus is all they care about.

Come on AG, I don't believe that and I don't think you do either. I am passionately pro life but I accept that there are circumstances in which abortion is indicated. And while I think Roe v Wade should be much better implemented and enforced as intended, and there is never an excuse for a late term abortion that is anything other than a medical emergency, I would not vote to ban abortion for any reason whatsoever.

For you to make such a broad statement about Progressives sounds as looney tunes as do the pro-choicers when they accuse people like me of wanting to deny women their rights, invade their privacy and their wombs, and force children into terrible situations, etc. etc. etc.

Well, maybe there was a slight tinge of hyperbole in my statement; but sometimes it seems, with the anti-life group that they want every woman to have an abortion, because when you go into planned parenthood, they don't EVER suggest giving up the baby for adoption as a choice. And that's the truth!

Progressives are strange evil people. They not only want abortions "freely" available, they want to force women to have abortions and make the rest of us pay for them. An aborted fetus is all they care about.

Come on AG, I don't believe that and I don't think you do either. I am passionately pro life but I accept that there are circumstances in which abortion is indicated. And while I think Roe v Wade should be much better implemented and enforced as intended, and there is never an excuse for a late term abortion that is anything other than a medical emergency, I would not vote to ban abortion for any reason whatsoever.

For you to make such a broad statement about Progressives sounds as looney tunes as do the pro-choicers when they accuse people like me of wanting to deny women their rights, invade their privacy and their wombs, and force children into terrible situations, etc. etc. etc.

Well, maybe there was a slight tinge of hyperbole in my statement; but sometimes it seems, with the anti-life group that they want every woman to have an abortion, because when you go into planned parenthood, they don't EVER suggest giving up the baby for adoption as a choice. And that's the truth!

Really, I've been to planned parenthood about twice, and I'm a male. Both times I was in there they had big pamplets that explained the "options": Abortion had a page, Adoption had a page, and Family Planning and some other stuff had a page.

Maybe they just assume people are smart enough to read the pamplets?

Well Planned Parenthood probably does mostly want every woman who comes in to have an abortion. Abortion is their stock in trade and the primary source of their funding.

But Planned Parenthood is just one of the radical left groups the Progressives are stuck with. We have a few groups like that wedged into the Conservative Right too, and we don't want the entire body of Conservative thought being tainted by a small bunch of looney tunes.

But yeah, I sometimes exaggerate for effect too and some recognize what I'm doing and some don't. But glad you cleared that up anyhow. I haven't pegged you as one of the radical right wingnuts who sees everything in the extremes and your post sort of came across that way. I knew you didn't really mean it. :)

Forum List

Back