Pelosi: ‘Doesn’t Matter’ If Impeachment Cost Democrats The House

The country should always come first without personal or political consideration.
If that were the case she'd wait for a real offense before screaming impeachment.

So what are you recommending? How would you handle the current situation?

First, your statement about country should always come first before personal or political consideration is absolutely true, but I think most people realize that is not the case for just about all of the current politicians in DC, and for both parties. It's the way it is, and it ain't going to change cuz human nature is what it is.

As for what to do about it, people are gonna have to vote out those who have their priorities wrong, which in this case is a whole lot of democrats. And I'll be honest, Trump oughta be gone too, but the problem is that there's no better option being offered to the voters. The democratic candidates are IMHO a bunch of far left whackos whose politics are too far out of the mainsteam, the things they want to do are nothing short of preposterous. And in Trump's case, I doubt that he's doing anything worse than every other modern day president has done before.

Look, impeachment is a big deal cuz it means removing a duly-elected president, and that ought not to be undertaken unless serious and provable offenses were committed. And in this case, they weren't. The Dems have nothing but hearsay, supposition, and innuendo, there's nothing concrete to base such a serious action on. So again, about all we can do is vote out those who are not working in our best interests, party affiliation be damned. Part of draining the swamp falls on us, and I don't care how long somebody has been in office or which party they belong to, we need to kick their asses out if they deserve it.

I'm glad we agree that country should always come first. I hope we also agree that we are a land of laws. There are three equal branches of government. One of those branches is currently invoking it's right of oversight. Whether we agree with it or not, it's their right and it's the law.

Everything else is partisan politics and biased opinions.

The country should always come first without personal or political consideration.
If that were the case she'd wait for a real offense before screaming impeachment.

First, your statement about country should always come first before personal or political consideration is absolutely true, but I think most people realize that is not the case for just about all of the current politicians in DC, and for both parties. It's the way it is, and it ain't going to change cuz human nature is what it is.

As for what to do about it, people are gonna have to vote out those who have their priorities wrong, which in this case is a whole lot of democrats. And I'll be honest, Trump oughta be gone too, but the problem is that there's no better option being offered to the voters. The democratic candidates are IMHO a bunch of far left whackos whose politics are too far out of the mainsteam, the things they want to do are nothing short of preposterous. And in Trump's case, I doubt that he's doing anything worse than every other modern day president has done before.

Look, impeachment is a big deal cuz it means removing a duly-elected president, and that ought not to be undertaken unless serious and provable offenses were committed. And in this case, they weren't. The Dems have nothing but hearsay, supposition, and innuendo, there's nothing concrete to base such a serious action on. So again, about all we can do is vote out those who are not working in our best interests, party affiliation be damned. Part of draining the swamp falls on us, and I don't care how long somebody has been in office or which party they belong to, we need to kick their asses out if they deserve it.

Why should President Trump be gone?

Time and again Trump has said and done things that were not based on our best interests but on his. I wish the democrats had a viable candidate to run against him so I could vote against him, but they flat out don't and I don't see anyone warming up in the bullpen either. AND - IMHO nothing he has said or done to date comes close to justifying impeachment.

Describe the situation that you see.

Okay - here's how I see it:

Congressional oversight is oversight by the United States Congress over the Executive Branch, including the numerous U.S. federal agencies. Congressional oversight includes the review, monitoring, and supervision of federal agencies, programs, activities, and policy implementation.

You may be confusing
Legitimate oversight with
Hey, we lost the election, but with the Democratic media behind us we can still pretend to be in charge

This is the problem. You are under the impression that what you and I want matters. It doesn't.

There is a process that was established and set forth in our Constitution. We need to support the laws that govern us not political partisanship.

Time and again Trump has said and done things that were not based on our best interests but on his. I wish the democrats had a viable candidate to run against him so I could vote against him, but they flat out don't and I don't see anyone warming up in the bullpen either. AND - IMHO nothing he has said or done to date comes close to justifying impeachment.

Do you have an example of that?

I'm glad we agree that country should always come first. I hope we also agree that we are a land of laws. There are three equal branches of government. One of those branches is currently invoking it's right of oversight. Whether we agree with it or not, it's their right and it's the law.

I am not sure that it is partisan politics to want the House of Reps to NOT be so focused on impeachment to the detriment of just about everything else. Oversight is good, but it's gotta be honest and based on actual facts and evidence before you launch investigations and probes. And in this case, it isn't.

Tribune CEO Evan Smith asked Nancy Pelosi: “Heading into the next election cycle, do you have any anxiety at all about any of the stuff we’re talking about impacting your ability to hold control of the House in 2020?”

“It doesn’t matter,” she responded. “Our first responsibility is to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. People say you have to take a political risk doing that. That doesn’t matter. That doesn’t matter. Because we cannot have a president of the United States undermining his oath of office, his loyalty to his oath of office, undermining our national security, and undermining the integrity of our elections.”

Pelosi: 'Doesn't Matter' If Impeachment Cost Democrats The House
Soooo... the dems will commit suicide, and try and impeach Trump, which, even if they can get the House to do so, the Senate will not vote to do so.

We are having an election for president, if Trump is soooooooo bad, he must be impeached, then the people will not reelect him.

I think Trump and his DOJ are getting too close to uncovering the crimes, felonies, and rampant corruption committed by the Obama admin, and dems like Pelosi are desperate to hope and pray that trying to impeach Trump will blackmail him into ending the investigations.

Congressional oversight is oversight by the United States Congress over the Executive Branch, including the numerous U.S. federal agencies. Congressional oversight includes the review, monitoring, and supervision of federal agencies, programs, activities, and policy implementation.

You may be confusing
Hey, we lost the election, but with the Democratic media behind us we can still pretend to be in charge

This is the problem. You are under the impression that what you and I want matters. It doesn't.

There is a process that was established and set forth in our Constitution. We need to support the laws that govern us not political partisanship.

Not sure if you are the least self aware person that I have encountered
You are definitely up there

I am not sure that it is partisan politics to want the House of Reps to NOT be so focused on impeachment to the detriment of just about everything else. Oversight is good, but it's gotta be honest and based on actual facts and evidence before you launch investigations and probes. And in this case, it isn't.

Of course it's driven by political partisanship. The political leaders have been successful in dividing the country and selling a "team" mentality.

Totally depressing. I think I need to take a break.

Tribune CEO Evan Smith asked Nancy Pelosi: “Heading into the next election cycle, do you have any anxiety at all about any of the stuff we’re talking about impacting your ability to hold control of the House in 2020?”

“It doesn’t matter,” she responded. “Our first responsibility is to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. People say you have to take a political risk doing that. That doesn’t matter. That doesn’t matter. Because we cannot have a president of the United States undermining his oath of office, his loyalty to his oath of office, undermining our national security, and undermining the integrity of our elections.”

Soooo... the dems will commit suicide, and try and impeach Trump, which, even if they can get the House to do so, the Senate will not vote to do so.

We are having an election for president, if Trump is soooooooo bad, he must be impeached, then the people will not reelect him.

I think Trump and his DOJ are getting too close to uncovering the crimes, felonies, and rampant corruption committed by the Obama admin, and dems like Pelosi are desperate to hope and pray that trying to impeach Trump will blackmail him into ending the investigations.

Correct on all accounts

You may be confusing

Not sure if you are the least self aware person that I have encountered
You are definitely up there

Anything's possible. (smile)

Thanks for the discussion. Have a good evening.

You may be confusing
Even with the election of Trump, and winning both the House and Senate, the Democrats and media were pretty much still in charge, because Republican RINOs cannot seem to function when they have the majority.

All that seems to change when Republicans control the Senate or the House, is the letter in parenthesis, after the name of the people appointed to head the various committee seats in Congress. the Dems still seem to control which bills are allowed to come to the floor for debate.

You may be confusing
Even with the election of Trump, and winning both the House and Senate, the Democrats and media were pretty much still in charge, because Republican RINOs cannot seem to function when they have the majority.

All that seems to change when Republicans control the Senate or the House, is the letter in parenthesis, after the name of the people appointed to head the various committee seats in Congress. the Dems still seem to control which bills are allowed to come to the floor for debate.

One huge reason that Donald Trump beat 16 better politically qualified opponents to win the Republican nomination.

"Time and time again," eh? Well, it should be easy for you to cite some of these times where Trump used the presidency to push his own personal interests at the expense of the people's.

Did he use the oval office to swing his son sweet deals to earn $50,000 a month with Ukraine??

Did he he use the oval office to swing his son $1.5 billion deals with China?

Trump's son instead, had to pay millions in lawyer fees to defend himself against bogus, hoax investigations.

Do you have an example of that?

Yes. Remember I'm talking about something he said or did that was not based on our best interests but on his.

It wasn't long ago that Trump suggested in a tweet that House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff should be arrested for treason and sharing a quote warning that his impeachment could cause a “Civil War-like fracture.” Treason? I don't think so, Schiff is a lying POS that probably should be censured for what he has recently said (and not so recently). And the Civil War thing is unacceptable, you don't say things like that. In my view, saying things like this are definitely not in the country's best interests, just his.

Impeachable for stuff like this? Of course not, he has the same rights to speech as everyone else does, but this kind of rhetoric coming from the POTUS shouldn't happen.

Remember when the Dems voted in Obamacare, knowing the American public was going vote them out of office for it?

Dems have been political suicide bombers before. They are willing to kill their own political career if it permanently hurts America.

It is because they know that Pres.Trump is going to win the upcoming election, and whom ever he chose to be in the House or the Senate. That his supporters are going to vote them in. And so they are trying to make sure that he doesn't tell his supporters which candidates to vote for. And so everytime Pres.trump opens up his mouth to talk. That they'll scream bloody murder.
The Left knows that they cannot impeach Pres.Trump. But it is a great distraction to keep the public from focusing on this upcoming election. So everyone should ignore this impeachment proceedings. Because it is all just an act.

giphy.gif
This is a short but urgent warning: A false flag event, an act of war, a bombing or some other headlines-grabbing orchestrated event is very likely to occur in the next seven days precisely because the Obama administration is under intense fire right now and needs a quick distraction. In stage magic, it’s called the “art of misdirection.” In politics, it’s called the “Clinton method.”

Why a government-orchestrated distraction event is highly likely to occur in the next 7 days

th

Doesn't matter! Watching her sit and squirm with her mouth moving around like she had a ball sack in it while sitting with the other Progs during Trump's first speech to congress at the Capitol Building tells me a different story. Her face was melting a bit from the lights and had that Pizza the Hut look going.

Pelosi is laughable trying to come off like the moral one who will sacrifice her seat for the good of the Republic. If she wants to show her love of country, why not start by giving back all that government money that went to her old mans vineyard. I don't understand why anyone would believe that bug eyed phony.

Patriot Pelosi is fighting for Truth, Justice and the American Way

nancy-pelosi-announcement-01-abc-jc-190924_hpMain_4x3_992.jpg
I hear she wears red white and blue adult diapers too. They match that confederate flag pin she wears.

Forum List

Back