Pelosi: Drunk with power or just drunk?

Is Iran Nan drunk with power or just plain fucking drunk?

• Cheers!

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • She's a respected political leader. How dare you!

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
No. It's completely true. You can't walk into court without accusations like this and no examination of the hard drives.

Of course you can. Especially when you have mountains of corroborating evidence. Server logs. Traffic reports. Intelligence from other countries. You honestly think they physically having the hard drive is necessary? Why?

Here, use this copy made by a Hillary Clinton Campaign Vender, you know, like Christopher Steele was a Hillary Campaign Vender, the copy is just a good!

You’re dodging the question. A forensic copy is a bit by bit copy of the server including their configuration, caches and activity. It’s better than the physical drives in some cases. What do you need the actual hardware for?

That's not evidence, that's an explanation for the LACK of evidence.

You asked the question. I gave you the answer.

The report’s use of that one word, “appear,” undercuts its suggestions that Mueller possesses convincing evidence that GRU officers stole "thousands of emails and attachments" from DNC servers. It is a departure from the language used in his July 2018 indictment, which contained no such qualifier:

That’s a really pathetic stretch. The evidence was sufficient for a grand jury to indict.

The report also concedes that Mueller’s team did not determine another critical component of the crime it alleges: how the stolen Democratic material was transferred to WikiLeaks. The July 2018 indictment of GRU officers suggested – without stating outright – that WikiLeaks published the Democratic Party emails after receiving them from Guccifer 2.0 in a file named "wk dnc linkI .txt.gpg" on or around July 14, 2016. But now the report acknowledges that Mueller has not actually established how WikiLeaks acquired the stolen information: "The Office cannot rule out that stolen documents were transferred to WikiLeaks through intermediaries who visited during the summer of 2016."

What relevance is this?
A prosecutor could indict a ham sandwich. There is no indictment that will result in a Court determining whether or not the Russians hacked the DNC, and that's because they cannot prove in Court that they did.

So how did we get here?

No one can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Russia is guilty of hacking the Democratic National Committee and prominent Democrats.

Russian Cyberespionage: Does Mueller Have Proof beyond a Reasonable Doubt? | National Review

This was always a farce. We have always known that no one can establish to the required standard of proof that Russia conducted an espionage attack on the election, so it is also impossible to prove that anyone conspired with Russia to do so. There never was a criminal case, EVER.

That's why a special counsel was appointed without specifying any crimes that the Justice Department is purportedly too conflicted to investigate (as the pertinent regulations require). This infirmity was papered over by calling the probe a “counterintelligence” investigation — which is not a criminal investigation but an information-gathering exercise.

No crime was identified, because they didn't have one. There are two reasons for this, contacts between Trump associates and the Russian regime do not prove they conspired together in an espionage scheme. That simply shows that they never had a case. The more basic problem is that they never COULD have a case. A Russia espionage operation could not be proved beyond a reasonable doubt, so it would never be possible to prove the Trump campaign colluded in one.

What is the proof that Russia conducted a cyberespionage operation against the 2016 election?

The premise that Russia interfered in the election has never, and will never be proved in court. Instead, it is based on an intelligence judgment by three agencies, the FBI, CIA and NSA, announced under the auspices of a fourth, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.

All four agencies were run by Obama appointees. The Obama administration had a history of politicizing intelligence to serve administration narratives, and the intelligence judgment in question cannot be divorced from politics because it was announced just as Obama’s party was fashioning a narrative that Russian espionage had stolen the election from Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton. Now let's consider the nature of intelligence judgments — to contrast them with courtroom findings.

The objective of a criminal investigation is a prosecution, not a national-security judgment. In a prosecution, each essential element of the offense charged must be proved beyond a reasonable doubt. It was never possible to establish, to this standard of proof, that Russia is guilty of cyberespionage — at least in the absence of an accomplice witness involved in the hacking, which we have no evidence for, despite one of the most exhaustive of investigations.

The intelligence agencies may claim to have high confidence in their judgment about Russian espionage. But that does not mean this judgment could ever be proved in a criminal prosecution. In fact, the intelligence agencies’ own January 6 report on “Russia’s Influence Campaign Targeting the 2016 Presidential Election” flatly states: “Judgments are not intended to imply that we have proof that shows something to be a fact.” (Report, p. 13, Annex B, explaining “Estimative Language.”)

Let that sink in.

If a prosecutor presenting an indictment were to say, “This allegation is not intended to imply that we have proof that shows the allegation to be a fact,” the jury would say, “Not guilty.” Indeed, the judge would dismiss the case before it ever got to jury deliberations.

The agencies’ Russia report admits:

The information on which these judgments are based is often fragmentary and highly sensitive.
The conclusions of Intel analysts are often highly debatable or wrong — which is to be expected: The information inputs are of varying quality, so the best output they can give you is often mere probability.

Courtrooms are not in the probability biz. The prosecutor’s remit is to prove facts to a near certainty because the result of a prosecution is the removal of fundamental freedoms: liberty, property, and in a capital case, even life. This is why evidentiary rules suppress evidence that fails the tests of authenticity and reliability (while intelligence analysts can factor such evidence in, so long as they account for its suspect nature). It is also why the “beyond a reasonable doubt” standard is imposed in criminal cases — more demanding than the “preponderance of the evidence” standard in civil cases and the “probable cause” standard that applies to arrests or search warrants, both of which are themselves much more demanding than the supposition that frequently supports intelligence judgments. None of those standards were ever met in the Russian Collusion hoax, just this probability standard made by Obama Appointees, based on claims from a Hillary and DNC contractor.

No one could every prove what the agencies claimed to know. But this limitation is not the half of it.

The most critical physical evidence of Russian cyberespionage is the DNC server system alleged to have been hacked. Inexplicably (given how central the server system is to the controversy that has roiled the nation for a year), the Justice Department never compelled the surrender of this server system to the government so the FBI could conduct a forensic examination. Instead, for this essential analysis, we are expected to rely on CrowdStrike, a private DNC contractor.

Think about that: We’re to expect a jury in a criminal trial would simply accept non-law-enforcement conclusions paid for by the DNC, under circumstances in which

(a) the DNC is invested in the storyline that Russia is the culprit in its effort to steal the election from Mrs. Clinton;
(b) the DNC declined requests by the government to surrender its server system for FBI examination; and
(c) the incumbent Democratic administration’s Justice Department unaccountably refrained from demanding — by grand jury subpoena or search warrant — that the DNC’s server system be turned over to the FBI.​

Not likely.

This state of play would not fly in a criminal prosecution — a point that is so obvious that no experienced prosecutors or investigators would be confident that they could make the case without seizing the physical evidence and conducting the government’s own investigation. And you’ll notice that Mueller brought no such case.

Besides the remorseless fact that the intelligence agencies’ judgment is just a probability assessment, not a fact, there are ongoing private investigations that cast doubt on the judgment’s probability.

The best known of these, to date, has been produced by the left-leaning Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS), given notoriety by the left-leaning publication The Nation. The VIPS naysayers, who are primarily former NSA officials, contend that the operation against the DNC was a not an overseas hack but an insider theft —

a download executed locally with a memory key or a similar portable data-storage device.”​

This probability assessment is largely based on the transfer speeds of megabytes of DNC data. The speeds have been deduced from analyzing metadata in files published by the persona Guccifer 2.0, who claims to have hacked the DNC and whom our spy agencies conclude is a proxy for two Russian intelligence services.

The point is that our agencies are not offering courtroom-quality proof, as they forthrightly acknowledge. A Criminal case of espionage conspiracy, would have to prove the Russians guilty beyond a reasonable doubt to the unanimous satisfaction of twelve jurors. There simply is no suitable explanation for the government’s failure to inspect the server system. In combination with the inherent uncertainty of intelligence judgments, the government’s inability to produce intelligence sources as witnesses, and alternative theories of what happened posited by competent intelligence professionals (e.g., “It was an insider job, not a hack,” or “It was another hacker, not the Russians”) makes conviction impossible.

Couple this with the fact that everyone else in the equation has denied culpability:

Putin claims the Russians did not hack;
Guccifer 2.0 claims no connection to the Russians; and
Julian Assange of WikiLeaks, which disseminated most of the emails for publication, claims his source was not Russia.
If your response to this is to scream at me that none of these sources is credible, you are totally correct about that — but you’re missing the point. In criminal litigation, a prosecutor cannot prove a positive fact solely by a negative inference. You may believe that Putin, Guccifer, and Assange are inveterate liars; nevertheless, the thing they are denying is not proved by their having denied it. There has to be some solid proof that Russia did it; you don’t get there by establishing merely that a bunch of notorious liars say Russia didn’t do it.

And that's the bottom line

There’s so much factual error in this column it’s hard to know where to start.

This was my favorite part:
This state of play would not fly in a criminal prosecution — a point that is so obvious that no experienced prosecutors or investigators would be confident that they could make the case without seizing the physical evidence and conducting the government’s own investigation. And you’ll notice that Mueller brought no such case.

Mueller did indeed bring such a case as he indicted many people for the hacking of the DNC a few months after this column was written.

So the central tenant of this column is factually false.

I have. In case you missed it, I’ll restate. The drives were wiped of malware and reused. They’re of no value anymore.

Translation: Malware = evidence of multiple crimes committed by the Hillary campaign, as well as the DNC.

How would you “maintain” a spotless chain of custody with a drive that was originally in the possession of people you claim are already lying? If you can accuse Crowdstrike of altering the forensic copies, what is to stop you from accusing Crowdstrike of altering the hard drives you demand they turn over to the FBI?

That's why it should have been turned over when the FBI requested the servers...Anyone involved in letting the Clinton employees destroy evidence should be prosecuted...And, oh, BTW, doing what they did, is evidence of guilt.

This is nothing but a distraction by people who have no idea what they’re talking about. All for what? To help cover for the actual culprit?

When the truth of this finally comes out, it will make 'Tea Pot Dome' look like childs play.

So tell me what actually did happen then if Russia didn’t hack the DNC.

I didn't say that they did, or didn't...I am simply saying that for someone who says she's innocent of any wrongdoing (Hillary) she sure acts guilty...

Clinton is not the DNC. She had nothing to do with why decisions were made.

I explained why the DNC didn’t turn over the hardware. I explained that this is standard operating procedure.

Innocent people don't destroy stuff, and refuse to turn stuff over.

Should we apply that standard to Trump?

And your explanation was BS...If it were Trump withholding evidence, and destroying evidence like this, you'd be losing your mind...And you know it.

Oh, and you've already applied that standard to Trump, I am just applying it to you people....
What was BS about my explanation? You haven’t said.

Trump is withholding evidence. He has refused to respond to subpoena after subpoena. The DNC turned over their forensic copy. Trump hasn’t turned over anything. That’s not how innocent people act, is it?

Pelosi & The Democrats want Pence Impeached too. Remember that. Problem for them is they are running out of time. Hard to convict an honest man.

History does repeat itself!

Hitler and The Nazis refused to accept the results of an election they thought they had rigged and lost, and they worked to have Hitler installed as Fuhrer and worked to remove the rightful president of The Democratic Weimar Republic.

Hillary and The DemNazis refused to accept the results of an election they thought they had rigged and lost, and they work now to have someone installed as Emperor and work now to remove the rightful president of The Republic of The United States of America!

Translation: Malware = evidence of multiple crimes committed by the Hillary campaign, as well as the DNC.

That's why it should have been turned over when the FBI requested the servers...Anyone involved in letting the Clinton employees destroy evidence should be prosecuted...And, oh, BTW, doing what they did, is evidence of guilt.

When the truth of this finally comes out, it will make 'Tea Pot Dome' look like childs play.

I didn't say that they did, or didn't...I am simply saying that for someone who says she's innocent of any wrongdoing (Hillary) she sure acts guilty...

I explained why the DNC didn’t turn over the hardware. I explained that this is standard operating procedure.

And your explanation was BS...If it were Trump withholding evidence, and destroying evidence like this, you'd be losing your mind...And you know it.

Oh, and you've already applied that standard to Trump, I am just applying it to you people....

Trump is withholding evidence. He has refused to respond to subpoena after subpoena. The DNC turned over their forensic copy. Trump hasn’t turned over anything. That’s not how innocent people act, is it?
He turned Over 1 Million documents.
2,500 subpoenas were honored.
500 interviews were granted.

3 years and 40 Million Dollars spent and not one word of The Mueller Report appears in the articles.

You are a Liar.

I have. In case you missed it, I’ll restate. The drives were wiped of malware and reused. They’re of no value anymore.

How would you “maintain” a spotless chain of custody with a drive that was originally in the possession of people you claim are already lying? If you can accuse Crowdstrike of altering the forensic copies, what is to stop you from accusing Crowdstrike of altering the hard drives you demand they turn over to the FBI?

This is nothing but a distraction by people who have no idea what they’re talking about. All for what? To help cover for the actual culprit?

She was crooked as shit and so was Wasserman-Schultz, Abadein, and Carlos Danger.

She was crooked as shit and so was Wasserman-Schultz, Abadein, and Carlos Danger.

Y’all need to focus. This isn’t the topic.

Who hires Pakistani hackers with criminal records to hack in to Congressional Files to get dirt on Congressmen?

Hillary Clinton, that’s who.

And even when she got caught, her hacker was so valuable to her she took him with her to her campaign as his fellow conspirators were allowed to flee to Pakistan leaving behind a trail of smashed hard drives as big as the pile of smashed laptops and cell phones Hillary destroyed to cover her crimes.
FBI Seize Smashed Hard Drives From Crooked Wasserman Schultz
FBI-smashed-hard-drives-wasserman-800x533.jpg.optimal.jpg

Last edited:

If you can't see that destroying evidence under a subpeona, only to turn over what you have obviously scrubbed then say that should be sufficent is BS, then I can't help you...

Trump is only doing what all Presidents do in protecting Presidential perogatives in being able to speak freely with their advisors...

Obama did it, were you as upset then?

It's called Executive privilage....

If you can't see that destroying evidence under a subpeona, only to turn over what you have obviously scrubbed then say that should be sufficent is BS, then I can't help you...

Trump is only doing what all Presidents do in protecting Presidential perogatives in being able to speak freely with their advisors...

There was no subpoena for the hard drives at the DNC. You are just making things up now.

This is pretty much standard practice in industry. The DNC is only doing what many other businesses do when they are hacked.

Trump is hiding evidence. According to you, that isn’t what innocent people do. Or do you just have double standards?

Why wasn’t there a subpoena, Ayatollah Assahollah Licker?

The Democrats said It was a Matter of Grave National Security and Obama doesn’t even bother with a Subpoena?

Why did Hillary Clinton & The DNC have Pakistani Hackers on their staff with Known Criminal Records?

You’ve had 4 years and millions of dollars and violated many American’s Constitutional Rights looking for a crime that you had no evidence for.

Do not collect $200 and Go straight to Hell.

There was no subpoena for the hard drives at the DNC. You are just making things up now.

This is pretty much standard practice in industry. The DNC is only doing what many other businesses do when they are hacked.

Trump is hiding evidence. According to you, that isn’t what innocent people do. Or do you just have double standards?

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure you're wrong about the subpeona's

I don't trust your word as far as I can throw it.

And Trump is hiding anything....

I'm pretty sure you're wrong about the subpeona's

Great. Then prove it. You're accusing people at the DNC of defying a subpoena from law enforcement. That's a pretty explosive accusation.

Is there anything to actually back it up?

No. It's completely true. You can't walk into court without accusations like this and no examination of the hard drives.

Of course you can. Especially when you have mountains of corroborating evidence. Server logs. Traffic reports. Intelligence from other countries. You honestly think they physically having the hard drive is necessary? Why?

Here, use this copy made by a Hillary Clinton Campaign Vender, you know, like Christopher Steele was a Hillary Campaign Vender, the copy is just a good!

You’re dodging the question. A forensic copy is a bit by bit copy of the server including their configuration, caches and activity. It’s better than the physical drives in some cases. What do you need the actual hardware for?

That's not evidence, that's an explanation for the LACK of evidence.

You asked the question. I gave you the answer.

The report’s use of that one word, “appear,” undercuts its suggestions that Mueller possesses convincing evidence that GRU officers stole "thousands of emails and attachments" from DNC servers. It is a departure from the language used in his July 2018 indictment, which contained no such qualifier:

That’s a really pathetic stretch. The evidence was sufficient for a grand jury to indict.

The report also concedes that Mueller’s team did not determine another critical component of the crime it alleges: how the stolen Democratic material was transferred to WikiLeaks. The July 2018 indictment of GRU officers suggested – without stating outright – that WikiLeaks published the Democratic Party emails after receiving them from Guccifer 2.0 in a file named "wk dnc linkI .txt.gpg" on or around July 14, 2016. But now the report acknowledges that Mueller has not actually established how WikiLeaks acquired the stolen information: "The Office cannot rule out that stolen documents were transferred to WikiLeaks through intermediaries who visited during the summer of 2016."

What relevance is this?
A prosecutor could indict a ham sandwich. There is no indictment that will result in a Court determining whether or not the Russians hacked the DNC, and that's because they cannot prove in Court that they did.

So how did we get here?

No one can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Russia is guilty of hacking the Democratic National Committee and prominent Democrats.

Russian Cyberespionage: Does Mueller Have Proof beyond a Reasonable Doubt? | National Review

This was always a farce. We have always known that no one can establish to the required standard of proof that Russia conducted an espionage attack on the election, so it is also impossible to prove that anyone conspired with Russia to do so. There never was a criminal case, EVER.

That's why a special counsel was appointed without specifying any crimes that the Justice Department is purportedly too conflicted to investigate (as the pertinent regulations require). This infirmity was papered over by calling the probe a “counterintelligence” investigation — which is not a criminal investigation but an information-gathering exercise.

No crime was identified, because they didn't have one. There are two reasons for this, contacts between Trump associates and the Russian regime do not prove they conspired together in an espionage scheme. That simply shows that they never had a case. The more basic problem is that they never COULD have a case. A Russia espionage operation could not be proved beyond a reasonable doubt, so it would never be possible to prove the Trump campaign colluded in one.

What is the proof that Russia conducted a cyberespionage operation against the 2016 election?

The premise that Russia interfered in the election has never, and will never be proved in court. Instead, it is based on an intelligence judgment by three agencies, the FBI, CIA and NSA, announced under the auspices of a fourth, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.

All four agencies were run by Obama appointees. The Obama administration had a history of politicizing intelligence to serve administration narratives, and the intelligence judgment in question cannot be divorced from politics because it was announced just as Obama’s party was fashioning a narrative that Russian espionage had stolen the election from Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton. Now let's consider the nature of intelligence judgments — to contrast them with courtroom findings.

The objective of a criminal investigation is a prosecution, not a national-security judgment. In a prosecution, each essential element of the offense charged must be proved beyond a reasonable doubt. It was never possible to establish, to this standard of proof, that Russia is guilty of cyberespionage — at least in the absence of an accomplice witness involved in the hacking, which we have no evidence for, despite one of the most exhaustive of investigations.

The intelligence agencies may claim to have high confidence in their judgment about Russian espionage. But that does not mean this judgment could ever be proved in a criminal prosecution. In fact, the intelligence agencies’ own January 6 report on “Russia’s Influence Campaign Targeting the 2016 Presidential Election” flatly states: “Judgments are not intended to imply that we have proof that shows something to be a fact.” (Report, p. 13, Annex B, explaining “Estimative Language.”)

Let that sink in.

If a prosecutor presenting an indictment were to say, “This allegation is not intended to imply that we have proof that shows the allegation to be a fact,” the jury would say, “Not guilty.” Indeed, the judge would dismiss the case before it ever got to jury deliberations.

The agencies’ Russia report admits:

The information on which these judgments are based is often fragmentary and highly sensitive.
The conclusions of Intel analysts are often highly debatable or wrong — which is to be expected: The information inputs are of varying quality, so the best output they can give you is often mere probability.

Courtrooms are not in the probability biz. The prosecutor’s remit is to prove facts to a near certainty because the result of a prosecution is the removal of fundamental freedoms: liberty, property, and in a capital case, even life. This is why evidentiary rules suppress evidence that fails the tests of authenticity and reliability (while intelligence analysts can factor such evidence in, so long as they account for its suspect nature). It is also why the “beyond a reasonable doubt” standard is imposed in criminal cases — more demanding than the “preponderance of the evidence” standard in civil cases and the “probable cause” standard that applies to arrests or search warrants, both of which are themselves much more demanding than the supposition that frequently supports intelligence judgments. None of those standards were ever met in the Russian Collusion hoax, just this probability standard made by Obama Appointees, based on claims from a Hillary and DNC contractor.

No one could every prove what the agencies claimed to know. But this limitation is not the half of it.

The most critical physical evidence of Russian cyberespionage is the DNC server system alleged to have been hacked. Inexplicably (given how central the server system is to the controversy that has roiled the nation for a year), the Justice Department never compelled the surrender of this server system to the government so the FBI could conduct a forensic examination. Instead, for this essential analysis, we are expected to rely on CrowdStrike, a private DNC contractor.

Think about that: We’re to expect a jury in a criminal trial would simply accept non-law-enforcement conclusions paid for by the DNC, under circumstances in which

(a) the DNC is invested in the storyline that Russia is the culprit in its effort to steal the election from Mrs. Clinton;
(b) the DNC declined requests by the government to surrender its server system for FBI examination; and
(c) the incumbent Democratic administration’s Justice Department unaccountably refrained from demanding — by grand jury subpoena or search warrant — that the DNC’s server system be turned over to the FBI.​

Not likely.

Besides the remorseless fact that the intelligence agencies’ judgment is just a probability assessment, not a fact, there are ongoing private investigations that cast doubt on the judgment’s probability.

The best known of these, to date, has been produced by the left-leaning Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS), given notoriety by the left-leaning publication The Nation. The VIPS naysayers, who are primarily former NSA officials, contend that the operation against the DNC was a not an overseas hack but an insider theft —

a download executed locally with a memory key or a similar portable data-storage device.”​

This probability assessment is largely based on the transfer speeds of megabytes of DNC data. The speeds have been deduced from analyzing metadata in files published by the persona Guccifer 2.0, who claims to have hacked the DNC and whom our spy agencies conclude is a proxy for two Russian intelligence services.

The point is that our agencies are not offering courtroom-quality proof, as they forthrightly acknowledge. A Criminal case of espionage conspiracy, would have to prove the Russians guilty beyond a reasonable doubt to the unanimous satisfaction of twelve jurors. There simply is no suitable explanation for the government’s failure to inspect the server system. In combination with the inherent uncertainty of intelligence judgments, the government’s inability to produce intelligence sources as witnesses, and alternative theories of what happened posited by competent intelligence professionals (e.g., “It was an insider job, not a hack,” or “It was another hacker, not the Russians”) makes conviction impossible.

Couple this with the fact that everyone else in the equation has denied culpability:

Putin claims the Russians did not hack;
Guccifer 2.0 claims no connection to the Russians; and
Julian Assange of WikiLeaks, which disseminated most of the emails for publication, claims his source was not Russia.
If your response to this is to scream at me that none of these sources is credible, you are totally correct about that — but you’re missing the point. In criminal litigation, a prosecutor cannot prove a positive fact solely by a negative inference. You may believe that Putin, Guccifer, and Assange are inveterate liars; nevertheless, the thing they are denying is not proved by their having denied it. There has to be some solid proof that Russia did it; you don’t get there by establishing merely that a bunch of notorious liars say Russia didn’t do it.

And that's the bottom line

There’s so much factual error in this column it’s hard to know where to start.

This was my favorite part:

Mueller did indeed bring such a case as he indicted many people for the hacking of the DNC a few months after this column was written.

So the central tenant of this column is factually false.
Oh yeah? Give me a link to the decision where anyone was convicted of hacking the DNC. Mueller made some show indictments against Russian Intelligence Officers that he knew would never see the inside a Court Room. Well, not actually Mueller, the idea that he was running anything was more fakery.

The entire thing was a snow job. The point stands.

Well in this demonstrated witch hunt era she needs to prove herself not drunk, not using drugs, not a stroke victim because she’s acting like one.

There was no subpoena for the hard drives at the DNC...
Exactly, there was never a serious effort to obtain the evidence necessary to obtain a conviction. The entire Russian Collusion Hoax could never proved. It could never be proved in a Court of Law, beyond a reasonable doubt that the Russians hacked the DNC. And if they couldn't prove that they could never prove that anyone with Trump conspired with them to do so. It was all a faked up pretense to lose the full investigative powers of the Federal government on the Trump Administration. And they came up with nothing.

Forum List

Back