🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Pelosi Suggests Delaying State of the Union

Keep your hopes high, leftie.

He can deliver SOTU at his demand in Congress and there is nothing that Pelosi can do to prevent him.
LOLOL

Uh, no, he can’t.

US Constitution, Article 2, section 3. - check it out.

"... he may adjourn them to such time as he shall think proper..."
Dumbfuck, that refers to “extraordinary Occasions,” such as needing the Congress to convene while on recess when a national emergency arises.

Delivering the state of the union is not an extraordinary occasion.

2s0blvo.jpg

What is the title of the article, soyboy?

State of the Union, Convening Congress

And "extraordinary occasion" can be whatever president deem to be extraordinary.
LOLOL

A common occurrence is not an extraordinary occasion. Not even trump, who claims to have all the best words, can spin that one.

He’s an invited guest to the floor of the House and Pelosi's in charge of the invitations.

:dance:

You seem quite happy about it.

Can you just point to the Constitution where it says that "Speaker of the House" is in charge of invitations?

Right... nobody heard him talking of the script yet
Then you weren't paying attention. I distinctly remember him destroying a room full of republicans with binders without as much as a note card. Remember that debacle? Fox news was so embarrassed, they cut away from the live coverage.

Keep your hopes high, leftie.

He can deliver SOTU at his demand in Congress and there is nothing that Pelosi can do to prevent him.
LOLOL

Uh, no, he can’t.

Dumbfuck, that refers to “extraordinary Occasions,” such as needing the Congress to convene while on recess when a national emergency arises.

2s0blvo.jpg

He'll give it and there is nothing you can do about it ;)
Why would I want to do anything about it? It’s his constitutional obligation to deliver the state of the union to the Congress and he should do that. I’m not against that.

The question is ... from where will he deliver it? Pelosi does hold the gavel to prevent him from speaking from the dais on the House floor. And there is nothing Trump can do about that.

Who cares where it's delivered from.

LOLOL

Uh, no, he can’t.

2s0blvo.jpg

And "extraordinary occasion" can be whatever president deem to be extraordinary.
LOLOL

A common occurrence is not an extraordinary occasion. Not even trump, who claims to have all the best words, can spin that one.

He’s an invited guest to the floor of the House and Pelosi's in charge of the invitations.

Can you just point to the Constitution where it says that "Speaker of the House" is in charge of invitations?
Sure I can. You could have too if you had a functioning brain. But then it appears you need to be educated by a Liberal; and towards that end, I am happy to oblige.

Article I, section 5

Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings

And House rules dictate the Speaker of the House is in charge of bringing the House to order...

RULE I
THE SPEAKER
Approval of the Journal
1. The Speaker shall take the Chair on every legislative day precisely at the hour to which the House last adjourned and immediately call the House to order.

And in charge of designated areas of the Capitol...

Control of Capitol facilities
3. Except as otherwise provided by rule or law, the Speaker shall have general control of the Hall of the House, the corridors and passages in the part of the Capitol assigned to the use of the House, and the disposal of unappropriated rooms in that part of the Capitol.

And in charge of who gets invited to speak at the dais on the chamber floor...

RULE XVII
DECORUM AND DEBATE
Decorum
1. (a) A Member, Delegate, or Resident Commissioner who desires to speak or deliver a matter to the House shall rise and respectfully address the Speaker and, on being recognized, may address the House from any place on the floor. When invited by the Chair, a Member, Delegate, or Resident Commissioner may speak from the Clerk’s desk.

... any more stupid questions...?

Last edited:

2s0blvo.jpg

LOLOL

Sure I can. You could have too if you had a functioning brain. But then it appears you need to be educated by a Liberal; and towards that end, I am happy to oblige.

Article I, section 5

Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings

And House rules dictate the Speaker of the House is in charge of bringing the House to order...

RULE I
THE SPEAKER
Approval of the Journal
1. The Speaker shall take the Chair on every legislative day precisely at the hour to which the House last adjourned and immediately call the House to order.

And in charge of designated areas of the Capitol...

Control of Capitol facilities
3. Except as otherwise provided by rule or law, the Speaker shall have general control of the Hall of the House, the corridors and passages in the part of the Capitol assigned to the use of the House, and the disposal of unappropriated rooms in that part of the Capitol.

And in charge of who gets invited to speak at the dais on the chamber floor...

RULE XVII
DECORUM AND DEBATE
Decorum
1. (a) A Member, Delegate, or Resident Commissioner who desires to speak or deliver a matter to the House shall rise and respectfully address the Speaker and, on being recognized, may address the House from any place on the floor. When invited by the Chair, a Member, Delegate, or Resident Commissioner may speak from the Clerk’s desk.

... any more stupid questions...?

"When invited by the Chair, a Member, Delegate, or Resident Commissioner may speak from the Clerk’s desk."

President?

LOLOL

Uh, no, he can’t.

2s0blvo.jpg

He'll give it and there is nothing you can do about it ;)
Why would I want to do anything about it? It’s his constitutional obligation to deliver the state of the union to the Congress and he should do that. I’m not against that.

The question is ... from where will he deliver it? Pelosi does hold the gavel to prevent him from speaking from the dais on the House floor. And there is nothing Trump can do about that.

Who cares where it's delivered from.
I would guess Trump does.

Okay, so it's a fantasy along the lines of, "I wish Obama would play basketball on TV with a bunch of high school players, so we can laugh at him".
But the former State champion wouldn't really embarrass himself, but Trump trying to sound like an adult would .

Correct. President can write the letter. Or may just deliver SOTU speech on the House floor, as Constitution allows him. Speaker have no power over constitutional rights.

There is no specific time given in the Constitution and Pelosi has control over activities in the House as Speaker.

Correct. President can write the letter. Or may just deliver SOTU speech on the House floor, as Constitution allows him. Speaker have no power over constitutional rights.

There is no specific time given in the Constitution and Pelosi has control over activities in the House as Speaker.

Trump can claim it's "extraordinary occasion" and plow his way into House, regardless of what Pelosi think.

Okay, so it's a fantasy along the lines of, "I wish Obama would play basketball on TV with a bunch of high school players, so we can laugh at him".
But the former State champion wouldn't really embarrass himself, but Trump trying to sound like an adult would .

At his age? He'd embarrass himself. I know you're desperate to suck up, but that's ridiculous.

Trump can claim it's "extraordinary occasion" and plow his way into House, regardless of what Pelosi think.

No, I don't think that is the case. Pelosi has the right to deciding joint sessions of Congress. Shouldn't Congress have rights over their branch of government? Do I like it? No, but I see why it is that way.

No, I don't think that is the case. Pelosi has the right to deciding joint sessions of Congress. Shouldn't Congress have rights over their branch of government? Do I like it? No, but I see why it is that way.

U.S. Constitution, Article 2, Section 3. Read it.

U.S. Constitution, Article 2, Section 3. Read it.

That section covers the SOTU and convening Congress for other purposes (extraordinary). In this case Trump could use that clause to force Congress into meeting for the purpose of securing the border for example.

Nope, he can’t. The Speaker of the House decides who speaks at the House dais.

I tried to educate you. Sadly, you’re ineducable.

Forum List

Back