Pelosi to Boehner: Be "fair"

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

Oh, this one has potential:

Pelosi to Boehner Treat us fairly on seats - Lauren French - POLITICO

In a letter to Boehner, Pelosi wrote:

“In the spirit of bipartisan cooperation, I am writing to ask the Democratic members be treated fairly in regards to membership on standing committees,” Pelosi wrote. “Specifically, we are asking that the minority party receive a similar number of committee slots….as we provided to the Republican minority in the 111th Congress.”

Have at it!

WOW. Doubt she followed her own appeal when she was the majority leader.

Pelosi. What a flamming idiot.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava

Wow...you didn't read her actual words. Here try it again:

“Specifically, we are asking that the minority party receive a similar number of committee slots….as we provided to the Republican minority in the 111th Congress.”

She's asking for the same number of seats for Democrats that SHE provided Republicans.

Yeah, republicans needs to change rules, park any democrat bill on the leaders desk, rush bills through without any democrat voting. You know the way democrats treated the republicans.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Yeah, republicans needs to change rules, park any democrat bill on the leaders desk, rush bills through without any democrat voting. You know the way democrats treated the republicans.

Look up the Hastert rule that the House has been under since the Boehner took over. Nancy Pelosi is asking for the same number of seats for Democrats that she gave Republicans.

Look up the Hastert rule that the House has been under since the Boehner took over. Nancy Pelosi is asking for the same number of seats for Democrats that she gave Republicans.
As far as I'm concerned, they can sit in the back of the bus and shut up.

So, there's your "bipartisanship". Pelosi never had a Hastert rule and gave Republicans committee seats, but Dems can just STFU now that Republicans are in charge.

Oh, but it's the President that needs to compromise. :rolleyes:

So, there's your "bipartisanship". Pelosi never had a Hastert rule and gave Republicans committee seats, but Dems can just STFU now that Republicans are in charge.

Look I'm saying republicans should treat democrats the way they treated them, but they won't. I even think the filibuster rule should be changed back, but it would nice if the republicans gave them a taste of the medicine democrats gave them.

Oh, this one has potential:

Pelosi to Boehner Treat us fairly on seats - Lauren French - POLITICO

In a letter to Boehner, Pelosi wrote:

“In the spirit of bipartisan cooperation, I am writing to ask the Democratic members be treated fairly in regards to membership on standing committees,” Pelosi wrote. “Specifically, we are asking that the minority party receive a similar number of committee slots….as we provided to the Republican minority in the 111th Congress.”

Have at it!

Pelosi doenst practice what she preaches

Look I'm saying republicans should treat democrats the way they treated them, but they won't. I even think the filibuster rule should be changed back, but it would nice if the republicans gave them a taste of the medicine democrats gave them.

You mean by giving them the same # of committee chairs or by not invoking the "majority of the majority" rule? Pelosi is asking for THE SAME NUMBER of seats SHE gave Republicans.

Did you know that the Senate immigration bill would pass in the House...if the Boehner would put it up for a full House vote?

First, I'd ask Nancy what she thinks about Charlie Rangel's comments that Republicans want to bring back slavery and his claim about his understanding of the meaning of the term cracker with reference to whites.

Second, I'd tell Nancy to go fuck herself and share it with her caucus.

Yeah right dragon lady, you should be fair to We the people AND RESIGN

“Specifically, we are asking that the minority party receive a similar number of committee slots….as we provided to the Republican minority in the 111th Congress.”

She's asking for the same number of seats for Democrats that SHE provided Republicans.
Elections have consequences and you lost.

And yet when Republicans lost, Pelosi was much more gracious. Imagine that.

And yet when Republicans lost, Pelosi was much more gracious. Imagine that.
Yeah she was real gracious when she used every dirty trick in the book to ram that piece of shit Obamacare through the House over the objection of every Republican, and not a few Democrats.

"Show no mercy and you will be shown none."

Dear Ms. Pelosi, you brought this on yourself.

Indeed. It's time for the republicans to look their liberal nazi friends on the other side of the aisle and tell them - "Elections have consequences". Now, suck on it.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Forum List

Back