🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Pelosi's ObamaCare tweet gets unintended response

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Remember, you have to pass the Bill to see what's in it. Appears Americans aren't too happy with what they are finding. No choices, high rates, unsustainable.

Pelosi's ObamaCare tweet gets unintended response

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) tweeted out a question late on Monday about people's experiences with Obamacare but did not get the response she was looking for.

Last week Republicans released their new health care plan intended to replaced the Affordable Care Act. Democrats have been gearing up to fight back against the new plan and plan to make health care a 2018 mid-term election issue.

Pelosi tweeted out a link to the White House website, asking her followers to share their experience with the Affordable Care Act.

Follow
Nancy Pelosi

✔@NancyPelosi

.@POTUS wants to know about your experiences with #ACA. Share your stories about why we must #ProtectOurCare: https://goo.gl/vYMIg9

9:23 PM - 13 Mar 2017

Obamacare: Share Your Story
Obamacare has led to higher costs and fewer health insurance options for millions of Americans. How has it impacted you? Share your story with the President.

whitehouse.gov

Pelosi wanted feedback on why Democrats must protect Obamacare, but she did not get the answers she was looking for.

15h
Nancy Pelosi

✔ @NancyPelosi

.@POTUS wants to know about your experiences with #ACA. Share your stories about why we must #ProtectOurCare: https://goo.gl/vYMIg9

Follow
Robert Schnaible @RobertSchnaible

@NancyPelosi @POTUS #ProtectOurCare My costs have sky rocketed under Obamacare. Out of pocket almost twice what paid pre-Ocare. #FullRepeal

9:34 PM - 13 Mar 2017

The stray cats on my front porch tell me they were born in this country and would like a veterinarian health care plan. Something with a no fee spay or neuter benefit.

The plans are unsustainable both in coverage and premiums. Of course the real plan was to impoverish more Americans to create a more dependent citizenry. The plan works like a charm on that point.

Obamacare has been an unadulterated disaster for 99.9% of the population but it employs a lot of loyal Ds in the bureaucracy.

The fundamental problem is that we have a segment of the population, the healthcare-needs-5% if you will, who they are a tiny amount of the population but they make up 50% of healthcare costs. So the big question behind all of this is paying their healthcare, if they cannot themselves (they usually cannot), is very very expensive - the question is who is going to pay for it?

Democrats loved Obamacare because it's such an emotional issue that people feel uncomfortable publicly saying "no" to the tax-and-spend wealth transfer involved. "What, you think the government should just let people die!?" The truth though, is this:

1. Although there are diminishing returns, there is no magical drop-off point where we stop getting marginal gains in average life expectancy by spending more money. If it is so supposedly morally unconscionable to draw a line in the sand for how much you're willing to spend on inefficient health treatment of others, we would all be taxed to the last penny (though I'm sure many Democrats would not see that as a bad thing, it's a different discussion).
  2. Many of those in most healthcare need got to that point because of their decision making. I'm not saying we should tell everyone who doesn't eat kale for breakfast lunch and dinner to drop dead. But maybe if you let yourself gain a couple hundred pounds and smoke and drink nonstop and don't want to exercise, I shouldn't have to pay more of the money I save by living a healthy lifestyle just so you can survive the same amount of time on that lifestyle.
  3. In half the cases, there is no way I can be in the same risk pool as them and then when they get a lifestyle-choices-related problem, the government can confirm it's lifestyle choice related and say "you're on your own" to them - the individual variables are too hard to disentangle for a particular health event. This is why normally we have risk pools, but the ACA ended that with their pre-existing condition law, which among other things means insurers cannot charge higher premiums to people more likely to get sick.
I do think we should protect people who, because of terrible luck of the dice, got lumped with a terrible health condition. But I think that's very expensive, and if we do that, we should be efficient as possible: we should just give those people credits to buy their own insurance that is a good fit for them like Ryan's proposed plan does.

I am NOT in favor of covering for someone else's reckless life decisions. Everyone makes mistakes but my mistakes happened to not fall in the category of taxpayer-has-to-make-it-all-better so I'm somehow the one stuck with the bill for other peoples' mistakes.

Forum List

Back