Peloton warns owners to keep kids away from their treadmills after a child dies

Not really too helpful an article.

Was the kid running on it and his heart exploded? Was he hanging on it so it tipped over and crushed him?

That's like telling parents to keep their kids away from baseballs...

People who use peloton are twats. The whole set up is a twat fest.
So, you don't work out Tommy? Hard to believe.....
The whole "you got this" "move that mountain" "you smashed it" schtick is nauseating.Its on our tv 24/7 and makes me vomit. Go out for a good walk if you need some exercise.
But you get all that great motivation in a bike or on a mirror for only 3-4 thousand dollars. Its a woke libber workout dream!

I've never understood stationary bikes. If I want that kind of exercise, I'll just get on my bike and ride it...

Depends on where you live. If you live in an area of the country where you can ride year round, then yeah, I don't understand stationary bikes either. However, if you live in an area where there is snow and bad weather quite a bit of the time, then yeah, I understand stationary bikes. Sorry, but you can't ride a road bike in snow and slush, as not only is it dangerous, but you have to fight against all the snow on the ground. Me? During the last 8 years I was in the Navy, I got rid of my car and rode a bicycle everywhere I went. When I moved from Florida to Newport RI, I got a mountain bike for whenever there was snow, so that I could still ride into work. But, I still rode a stationary bike on occasion whenever I wanted a good workout.

When I moved to Amarillo, I foolishly sold my mountain bike (thinking I wouldn't need it anymore as there isn't much snow in Amarillo), but found out later that they could get pretty good snow accumulation on occasion. I still ride my Lemond Zurich when the weather is decent, but have actually considered getting a stationary bike or a wind trainer for when the weather made it difficult to ride a road bike.

I've never understood stationary bikes. If I want that kind of exercise, I'll just get on my bike and ride it...

Depends on where you live. If you live in an area of the country where you can ride year round, then yeah, I don't understand stationary bikes either. However, if you live in an area where there is snow and bad weather quite a bit of the time, then yeah, I understand stationary bikes. Sorry, but you can't ride a road bike in snow and slush, as not only is it dangerous, but you have to fight against all the snow on the ground. Me? During the last 8 years I was in the Navy, I got rid of my car and rode a bicycle everywhere I went. When I moved from Florida to Newport RI, I got a mountain bike for whenever there was snow, so that I could still ride into work. But, I still rode a stationary bike on occasion whenever I wanted a good workout.

When I moved to Amarillo, I foolishly sold my mountain bike (thinking I wouldn't need it anymore as there isn't much snow in Amarillo), but found out later that they could get pretty good snow accumulation on occasion. I still ride my Lemond Zurich when the weather is decent, but have actually considered getting a stationary bike or a wind trainer for when the weather made it difficult to ride a road bike.

I grew up on Long Island, and we got some pretty nasty snowstorms back in the 70's. I can remember in '74 &'75 riding my bike, in the snow, covering my paper route...

Not really too helpful an article.

Was the kid running on it and his heart exploded? Was he hanging on it so it tipped over and crushed him?

That's like telling parents to keep their kids away from baseballs...
It's not hard to imagine how he got killed if you've even seen videos of treadmill fails.

I grew up on Long Island, and we got some pretty nasty snowstorms back in the 70's. I can remember in '74 &'75 riding my bike, in the snow, covering my paper route...

While that may be true, you also have to consider the width of the tires on your bike. You said that you rode in 74 and 75 covering a paper route. Those bikes probably had tires that were one and a half to two inches in width (about the same as my mountain bike), but have you ever tried to ride 20 to 23 millimeter wide tires in snow? Much harder than you think. When I was racing, I rode on Continental 20 mm tires. Currently? I ride generic kevlar belted 23 mm tires. Sorry, but you can't really ride those in snow.

While that may be true, you also have to consider the width of the tires on your bike. You said that you rode in 74 and 75 covering a paper route. Those bikes probably had tires that were one and a half to two inches in width (about the same as my mountain bike), but have you ever tried to ride 20 to 23 millimeter wide tires in snow? Much harder than you think. When I was racing, I rode on Continental 20 mm tires. Currently? I ride generic kevlar belted 23 mm tires. Sorry, but you can't really ride those in snow.

It was a Schwinn ten speed.

I don't know the size of the tires, but they weren't very wide...

Forum List

Back