Penn and Teller on vaccination

Proof that organic food is the cause of autism.

1WZ6h.png

No, I don't need to show some silly "mechanism" or do a double-blind study. I just need to show a correlation, being that is the antivaxxer rule, that correlation is causation.

I'd say the increasing time between the present and 1997 is also a cause.

seeing as Amish eat a lot of organic they should not have way lower autism rates than the norm then..lol

There are literally thousands of factors other than vaccinations that could be the cause of the difference.

History repeats itself:

pictures of fluoridation protests - Google Search

I learned in Atlanta, back in 1955, that filouridation of our water was a communist plot.
My guess is that Stalin actually secretly owned Crest Toothpaste

why do you think it says do not swallow on mouthwash and toothpaste and has poison control center warnings
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua_CcOHVifQ]Dentist Speaks Out Against Fluoride - YouTube[/ame]

Recent National Academy of Sciences Shows Fluoridation Health Risks
There have been a number of recent significant scientific changes in what we know about fluoridation. In 2006 the National Academy of Sciences published a 500-page report that highlighted numerous studies linking low fluoride levels in drinking water to a range of human health risks from decreased IQ and thyroid disorders to potential bone cancer risks.1
The study also reported that 41% of U.S. kids are over-fluoridated and have fluorosis2 and that infants fed formula mixed with fluoridated water were receiving too much fluoride.1

In 2011, after decades of promoter's claims that fluoridation concentrations were safe beyond question, the Department of Health and Human Services recommended cutting the maximum fluoridation concentration by 40%,3 and the CDC issued a warning about the exclusive use of fluoridated water to mix infant formula.4

Recent Science Supports Fluoridation Health Risks - Clean Water Portland

Time marches on....for most people, not all.

On the other hand, I have noticed lately that every time I drink water , I have an uncontrollable urge to call someone, "Comrad".

Last edited:
And by the way, autism rates have actually been flat for 30 years, once you correct for those newfangled detection/diagnosing methods.[/QUOTE]

lol...link to your newfangled detection/diagnosing methods[/QUOTE]

See Lorna Wing at mugsy dot com. I just joined so I can't link to URLs, but a simple Google search will lead you to her article on autism prevalence studies. See Grinker's Unstrange Minds website for an explanation of "newfangled detection/diagnosing methods."

The word "rates" refers to disease incidence. The numbers quoted in this thread (1:91, etc) are for prevalence. There are no good data for autism incidence - we only have prevalence figures.

The increase in "autism" prevalence over the years can be attributed to at least five difference reasons. First is the changing definition of autism over the last 30 years. Today, what we call autism exists on a spectrum. Prior to 1988, there was no spectrum - just "autistic disorder" which was something close to Kanner's (or classic) autism.

Second, there is diagnostic substitution. During the 90s, we saw a falloff in diagnoses of "mental retardation" accompanied by an increase in "autism spectrum disorders."

Third is an increase in administrative diagnoses. These diagnoses are non-medical, made by a school psychologist or social worker. The CDC's ADDM survey is really just a review of school records, looking for administrative (and medical) diagnoses.

Fourth, and related to the third point, is that diagnoses follow services. As more school districts offer services for autistic children, more diagnoses are made. After all, what is the point of labeling a child if no treatment plan is available?

Fifth, doctors, especially pediatricians, are getting better at diagnosing. The AAP only came out with an autism diagnostic kit for its members about five years ago. Still, according to the CDC's last ADDM survey, 20% of eight year olds with autism are either misdiagnosed, or have no label at all. Thank about that the next time someone tells you that autism is impossible to miss.

Add to this list the fact that the average age of diagnosis has declined over the last 20 years.

The best evidence of all against the "autism epidemic" myth is a recent study out of Iceland which shows a 1:90 ASD prevalence - for children born between 1994 and 1998.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back