šŸŒŸ Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! šŸŒŸ

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs šŸŽ

People ARE working

Love it. Canā€™t wait to see the person who wants to run on increasing taxes for families to force them into low paid labor.

Do it.
Repealing the government child support program isnā€™t increasing taxes on families. Itā€™s no longer requiring moderate earning people to hand over some of their earnings to other people.

And the kid who never went for vocational or job training after high school doesnā€™t like being ā€œforcedā€ into low paid labor. Stop with the entitlement attitude. If he wants to earn more, he needs to acquire job skills that are worth more.

We shouldnā€™t just be handing out other peopleā€™s money to entitled people who refuse to work. People with a sense of pride do what they have to. Iā€™ve had low-paid shitty jobs in my life. I would have been mortified to just stay home and watch TV, collecting money from other people who were working, because I felt ā€œtoo goodā€ for a job.

Then it looks like the solution is actually simple. We have jobs to be filled that americans don't want, there are plenty of foreigners out there who can fill them.

In fact the talking point is that they were preventing americans from getting those low wage jobs, apparently no longer, it just proves what John McCain said, that americans aren't willing to work at low wage jobs.
No, although thatā€™s clearly what you leftists are trying to do. Pay Americans enough so they can refuse to work, and then we can get more illegals in here to do their jobs.

How about we just do NOT pay Americans not to refuse jobs because theyā€™re ā€œtoo good for itā€œ? That way, Americans will work, and the illegals can stay back in their own countries.

Iā€™m with you on most of thatā€¦.
BUTā€¦hereā€™s the problem-
Our broken system recruits filthy thirdworlders from our south and incentivizes our worse to run their baby factories and create more of their filthy same.
Look, I am going to be honest with you. I got a new store to staff, opening in January. I already have management in place and I am starting to work down the totem pole. But let me tell you my experience in regards to those "third worlders from the south". I saw it decades ago and it has not changed. I saw those immigrants coming in to cook at the restaurant. They would work eight hours in a factory then come pull six or seven in the restaurant. On their day off, and yes, most of the time it was one day, they would show up dressed to the nines with their family, and have a nice meal. They drove nice cars, and most of the time they lived with others, sharing expenses. But here is the thing. Their wives stayed home with the kids, they saved money, they showed up every day and worked hard. They were dedicated.

A prime example are the Hmong. My daughter is a realtor and the Hmong are a pretty good niche market to work. In my previous business I had a couple of them working for me. First, there is Pappasun. He is the leader. He buys a house, all his adult children, and their children, live in that house. They all work, usually multiple jobs, and their paychecks go to Pappasun. His wife buys the groceries, cooks the food, and provides for those adult children. But everything left over at the end of the month is paid on the house. Six, seven years, the house is paid for. So, they buy another house and the oldest adult child moves into that house. But the process continues, Pappasun still collects all the paychecks. Now, he takes care of the oldest, takes care of the others, and everything else goes to pay on the second house. Six, seven years. That house is paid off. The next oldest gets a house. When Pappasun dies, the oldest son steps in and continues the process. It is a beautiful system.

But here is the deal, I will take one Hmong, or one immigrant from the South, over five white kids living in Mom's basement.

Repealing the government child support program isnā€™t increasing taxes on families. Itā€™s no longer requiring moderate earning people to hand over some of their earnings to other people.

And the kid who never went for vocational or job training after high school doesnā€™t like being ā€œforcedā€ into low paid labor. Stop with the entitlement attitude. If he wants to earn more, he needs to acquire job skills that are worth more.

We shouldnā€™t just be handing out other peopleā€™s money to entitled people who refuse to work. People with a sense of pride do what they have to. Iā€™ve had low-paid shitty jobs in my life. I would have been mortified to just stay home and watch TV, collecting money from other people who were working, because I felt ā€œtoo goodā€ for a job.
Yes, repealing the child tax credit will raise the taxes if basically EVERY family (except for only the most wealthy).

Are you mortified by parents staying home and raising their children?

No, although thatā€™s clearly what you leftists are trying to do. Pay Americans enough so they can refuse to work, and then we can get more illegals in here to do their jobs.
My point is to issue more work visas, so those jobs are filled by legal aliens.
You know that work visas are temporary... like the current problem.

If theyā€™re not working and the free money has stopped, what are they living on?
Your Youtube channel, Ebay, Uber, Mom and Dad's social security checks, there are forty eleven ways to "hustle" income. Employers are gong to have to start coughing up more money and provide better benefits are they will continue to face staffing problems. Like I said, I am opening a new location and I have no shortage of applicants. But I provide my workers with a pension, a real pension, and my benefits are top of the line. And I don't lay off employees or cut hours if business declines. I dig harder. Because I follow the Platinum rule. See, the Golden rule says treat others the you want to be treated. But the Platinum rule says you treat your employees the way you want them to treat your customers. They are a businesses strongest asset and too many companies treat them as disposable commodities and pay them accordingly. Those businesses need to change and adapt or close their doors and give it up. For Millennials, it ain't going to fly.

How about we just do NOT pay Americans not to refuse jobs because theyā€™re ā€œtoo good for itā€œ? That way, Americans will work, and the illegals can stay back in their own countries.
What are those alleged payments? If the covid payments have stopped, what are these non-workers getting paid?

Look, I am going to be honest with you. I got a new store to staff, opening in January. I already have management in place and I am starting to work down the totem pole. But let me tell you my experience in regards to those "third worlders from the south". I saw it decades ago and it has not changed. I saw those immigrants coming in to cook at the restaurant. They would work eight hours in a factory then come pull six or seven in the restaurant. On their day off, and yes, most of the time it was one day, they would show up dressed to the nines with their family, and have a nice meal. They drove nice cars, and most of the time they lived with others, sharing expenses. But here is the thing. Their wives stayed home with the kids, they saved money, they showed up every day and worked hard. They were dedicated.

A prime example are the Hmong. My daughter is a realtor and the Hmong are a pretty good niche market to work. In my previous business I had a couple of them working for me. First, there is Pappasun. He is the leader. He buys a house, all his adult children, and their children, live in that house. They all work, usually multiple jobs, and their paychecks go to Pappasun. His wife buys the groceries, cooks the food, and provides for those adult children. But everything left over at the end of the month is paid on the house. Six, seven years, the house is paid for. So, they buy another house and the oldest adult child moves into that house. But the process continues, Pappasun still collects all the paychecks. Now, he takes care of the oldest, takes care of the others, and everything else goes to pay on the second house. Six, seven years. That house is paid off. The next oldest gets a house. When Pappasun dies, the oldest son steps in and continues the process. It is a beautiful system.

But here is the deal, I will take one Hmong, or one immigrant from the South, over five white kids living in Mom's basement.
Thats a very cool, very ISOLATED storyā€¦thanks for sharing.
Now lets get macroā€¦following your obvious theory, if all weā€™re looking for are human robots willing to work 24 hours a day without conditionsā€¦why not pluck Zulus from the savage jungles of Africa againā€¦FUCK ITā€¦lets go for round two. Iā€˜m certain we could get them to work around the clock with a smile for a roof, a warm bed and a few packs of Top Ramen per day. Whatta ya say?

Your Youtube channel, Ebay, Uber, Mom and Dad's social security checks, there are forty eleven ways to "hustle" income. Employers are gong to have to start coughing up more money and provide better benefits are they will continue to face staffing problems. Like I said, I am opening a new location and I have no shortage of applicants. But I provide my workers with a pension, a real pension, and my benefits are top of the line. And I don't lay off employees or cut hours if business declines. I dig harder. Because I follow the Platinum rule. See, the Golden rule says treat others the you want to be treated. But the Platinum rule says you treat your employees the way you want them to treat your customers. They are a businesses strongest asset and too many companies treat them as disposable commodities and pay them accordingly. Those businesses need to change and adapt or close their doors and give it up. For Millennials, it ain't going to fly.
Seems that the effort to hustle is greater than just getting a job. I donā€™t see this many people being effective hustlers. What are they living off of?

Around here, they are paying $18 an hour for unskilled work at Walmart or Target, along with a signing bonus and paid college tuition.

That means that two kids in their 20s could bring in a HHI of more than $70,000 - and have their education paid for, too.Thatā€™s decent for people who have no education or job skills.

Itā€™s time for the leftists to stop pushing this entitlement attitude where a 22-year old with nothing more than a mediocre high school education sticks his nose up in the air at a job paying almost $40,000 a year and says ā€œI donā€™t work for crap wages! I have pride! That is why I would prefer to sit on the couch, and live off money that other people earned.ā€
You are full of shit. Walmart's starting wage for cashiers is $12.50. Fresh area just went to $14. Target is working with a $15 minimum, same at Amazon. And that college education bullshit is only from a select few online providers, and then it still requires filling out a FAFSA and getting financial aid from the government. The Pell grant, which almost anyone working for Walmart will get the maximum, pays the bulk of the education costs. They trumpet that shit as if they are doing something, and they contract it out to a third party to administer.

Thats a very cool, very ISOLATED storyā€¦thanks for sharing.
Now lets get macroā€¦following your obvious theory, if all weā€™re looking for are human robots willing to work 24 hours a day without conditionsā€¦why not pluck Zulus from the savage jungles of Africa againā€¦FUCK ITā€¦lets go for round two. Iā€˜m certain we could get them to work around the clock with a smile for a roof, a warm bed and a few packs of Top Ramen per day. Whatta ya say?
Interesting you mention Africa. Because refugees from Africa have proven to be a great source of workers for the United States. In fact, it is more likely for the child of an immigrant from Africa to get a scholarship to an Ivy League school than it is for the children of American blacks. That ought to tell you something.

For Millennials, it ain't going to fly.
Hahahaā€¦yeah, ā€œMillennialsā€ they clearly have very high standardsā€¦evidenced here-
15DCEBF6-3A55-43AB-B816-ACB6310E9F7D.jpeg

Blame the government. How lame. Home Depot? Fawk them. Part time? Fawk that. The advanced tax credit is $150 a month per child under six, It is $125 a month for those 6 - 17. Home Depot is probably paying those part time workers $10 an hour. And they are probably scheduling them ten to fifteen hours a week. Yeah, fawk that. I would stay home too. I am sick and tired of businesses that treat their workers like shit, and pay them shit, trying to blame the government for their inability to maintain adequate staffing levels. Hell, my Dad figured it out forty years ago. He had thousands of employees and his turnover rate was damn near zero. Part time? Hell no, they were almost all full-time except for the few high school students. Corporate would crawl his ass because his full-time to part-time ratio was so high. He told them to pound sand.

Instead of going to Home Depot for appliances you should have went to a private business where the workers were full-time and paid commission. I don't know how much you think you would save going to Home Depot, but 90 minutes of my time is worth a little something. And the information you would get from an experienced commission sales person far exceeds anything you got from and overworked an underpaid Home Depot clerk. Not even counting the after sale follow-up, which would be non-existent at Home Depot.
Wait...so the claim is that people are refusing to work because they get $300 a month?

Really?

Forum List

Back