🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

People ARE working

People have been quitting their jobs in large numbers recently. And anyone who does not believe the US has a labor shortage in terms of workers who want to work is full of
........ baloney.
I know how to get more people that want to work.

I never have understood what there is so much attention paid to the labor participation rate. In my eyes, the lower the labor participation rate the better off we are as a society. First, if someone is content living on welfare, then great for them. Truth is, if that is all it takes to keep them happy I am more than happy to pay a little bit to keep them the hell out of my way. Seriously, I sure don't want them working for me. I don't even want them working around me. They will lay out of work half the time, show up late the rest of the time, and leave early all the time. And when they are at work, well I am going to probably end up climbing up their back as I blow past them.

Second, I am not going to sexist here and say that a woman needs to stay home with her kids. But I am going to say that someone should. I was raised in a one income family. And I raised my kids with a stay at home Mom. No amount of money is worth leaving your kids in the hands of daycare, babysitters, nannies, or even an au pair. My son and his wife are attempting to have their first child. They both have graduate degrees and earn over six figures. One of them is going to stay home when that child is born. It might be him, it might be her. I kind of hope it is him because I know he will be a great father. Plus, "Pops" will be around pretty frequently.

Third, at least two percentage points of that low participation rate can be blamed on video games. Countless studies have shown that young males, 18-25, would rather live in Mom and Dad's basement and play video games all day than work. Great for them. Again, keep them out of my way. I mean are these really the people you want making your sandwich at Subway?
I’m with you on most of that….
BUT…here’s the problem-
Our broken system recruits filthy thirdworlders from our south and incentivizes our worse to run their baby factories and create more of their filthy same.

They are free to choose only because the new government welfare payments (falsely named child tax credit) gives them that choice. The liberals are working hard to keep Americans from working.
So repeal the child tax credit?

Trump supporters were just bragging about expanding it FYI

This is no different than if NASA had a sign out front saying "rocket scientists wanted". The problem is the lack of people qualified to fill the jobs that need filling.
There’s a shortage of high school graduates - 70% of the population - to work at Target, Walmart, Home Depot, Sephora, the grocery store, hotels, etc., etc., etc.??

They don’t want to work because the government is handing out money, making it unnecessary.

COVID caused more than 3 million Americans to retire early

Home Page - MarketWatch › story › covid-caused-mor...

More than 3 million Americans decided to retire earlier than they would have due to the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a new analysis.

That's 1/3rd of the problem right there.

Jeff Bezos claimed the child tax credit, and it didn't stop him from working.
That’s because someone like Bezos has a work ethic, obviously. But millions of people - working class with a HS diploma only - who previously were working, often a supplementary part-time job to contribute to the family income, would prefer NOT to work if the liberals in government handed them money giving them that choice.

Unless you are mentally or physically disabled, you shouldn’t rely on other people to support you.

Everywhere I go, the fact that people refuse to work is apparent. I see it at the grocery store, at restaurants, at the department store, in hotels, everywhere.

My latest experience was at the Home Depot, where I waited 90 minutes to have the ONE guy working the appliance section serve me. There were six people ahead of me. When I asked at the Customer Service Desk if they could send an extra person there, they told me that they were less than 50% staffed. All the people working part-time won’t return since they are getting so much from the government child support program.
Blame the government. How lame. Home Depot? Fawk them. Part time? Fawk that. The advanced tax credit is $150 a month per child under six, It is $125 a month for those 6 - 17. Home Depot is probably paying those part time workers $10 an hour. And they are probably scheduling them ten to fifteen hours a week. Yeah, fawk that. I would stay home too. I am sick and tired of businesses that treat their workers like shit, and pay them shit, trying to blame the government for their inability to maintain adequate staffing levels. Hell, my Dad figured it out forty years ago. He had thousands of employees and his turnover rate was damn near zero. Part time? Hell no, they were almost all full-time except for the few high school students. Corporate would crawl his ass because his full-time to part-time ratio was so high. He told them to pound sand.

Instead of going to Home Depot for appliances you should have went to a private business where the workers were full-time and paid commission. I don't know how much you think you would save going to Home Depot, but 90 minutes of my time is worth a little something. And the information you would get from an experienced commission sales person far exceeds anything you got from and overworked an underpaid Home Depot clerk. Not even counting the after sale follow-up, which would be non-existent at Home Depot.

There’s a shortage of high school graduates - 70% of the population - to work at Target, Walmart, Home Depot, Sephora, the grocery store, hotels, etc., etc., etc.??

They don’t want to work because the government is handing out money, making it unnecessary.
How does that stop the annual influx of high school graduates from taking those jobs. Since they aren't able to get unemployment, because they weren't previously employed.

It's getting tiring hearing the whining going on by the msm that there's a labor shortage. Unemployment pay is gone now. People are working. This is a bunch of baloney.
I agree...there isn't a labor shortage....however there IS a "willing to work for crap wages and abuse" shortage.

So repeal the child tax credit?

Trump supporters were just bragging about expanding it FYI
Yes, repeal the expanded version of it - which is welfare, pure and simple.

And it’s the leftists trying to push massive welfare expansion, btw. Doesn’t look like Biden is getting his way, though.

Yes, repeal the expanded version of it - which is welfare, pure and simple.

And it’s the leftists trying to push massive welfare expansion, btw. Doesn’t look like Biden is getting his way, though.
Love it. Can’t wait to see the person who wants to run on increasing taxes for families to force them into low paid labor.

Do it.

I agree...there isn't a labor shortage....however there IS a "willing to work for crap wages and abuse" shortage.
Around here, they are paying $18 an hour for unskilled work at Walmart or Target, along with a signing bonus and paid college tuition.

That means that two kids in their 20s could bring in a HHI of more than $70,000 - and have their education paid for, too.That’s decent for people who have no education or job skills.

It’s time for the leftists to stop pushing this entitlement attitude where a 22-year old with nothing more than a mediocre high school education sticks his nose up in the air at a job paying almost $40,000 a year and says “I don’t work for crap wages! I have pride! That is why I would prefer to sit on the couch, and live off money that other people earned.”

That’s because someone like Bezos has a work ethic, obviously. But millions of people - working class with a HS diploma only - who previously were working, often a supplementary part-time job to contribute to the family income, would prefer NOT to work if the liberals in government handed them money giving them that choice.

Unless you are mentally or physically disabled, you shouldn’t rely on other people to support you.
Then it looks like the solution is actually simple. We have jobs to be filled that americans don't want, there are plenty of foreigners out there who can fill them.

In fact the talking point is that they were preventing americans from getting those low wage jobs, apparently no longer, it just proves what John McCain said, that americans aren't willing to work at low wage jobs.

Forum List

Back