People now recognizing Bush was a Great President...

deflection noted :bye1: Shrub never shoulda been Pres. He was a legacy student, avoided 'nam, and a failed businessman. He also allowed dick to use torture 'lest we forget.

Last edited:
People clearly have short memories.

True. I believe it's also called selective memory.

Even the Republicans were totally embarrassed and exhausted with "W" by 2007. He and his Secty of Treasury pal, Hank Paulson (ex-CEO of Goldman Sachs), wrote the big banks a check for $750,000,000 to keep their Wall Street pals out of trouble after they collapsed our economy.

But I don't expect the righties to remember that, much less the debacle of Iraq and Afghanistan, in which we were handed our collective national ass.

One of the problems politicians have is they nominate a candidate they think will get win in the coming election without thinking of the aftermath. Now if people had no ability to remember that might not be a problem, but enough people do remember and they remember the last turkey the Republicans nominated. Maybe Republicans should put something in the drinking water.
With five or so million people, America elected a Washington, a Jefferson, a Madison, with three hundred million they elect Bush's. Now Republicans are test-marketing one more Bush, apparently the job of destroying America was not completed and so here comes Jeb. The premise is America should keep electing Bush's till the nation goes belly-up or we run out of Bush's.

One of the problems politicians have is they nominate a candidate they think will get win in the coming election without thinking of the aftermath. Now if people had no ability to remember that might not be a problem, but enough people do remember and they remember the last turkey the Republicans nominated. Maybe Republicans should put something in the drinking water.
With five or so million people, America elected a Washington, a Jefferson, a Madison, with three hundred million they elect Bush's. Now Republicans are test-marketing one more Bush, apparently the job of destroying America was not completed and so here comes Jeb. The premise is America should keep electing Bush's till the nation goes belly-up or we run out of Bush's.
I do appreciate your observation but let's not forget we really didn't elect Bush. He was appointed by the Supreme Court. And I don't believe it is paranoid to wonder if the Bush dynasty will be preserved with Jeb being somehow installed to put the finishing touches on the Great Experiment.

Last edited:
I do appreciate your observation but let's not forget we really didn't elect Bush. He was appointed by the Supreme Court. And I don't believe it is paranoid to wonder if the Bush dynasty will be continued with Jeb being somehow installed to put the finishing touches on the Great Experiment.

:cuckoo:

Yep that's why they didn't want him at the republican convention!

Attachments

• $cp-kotc.jpg
    $cp-kotc.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 38
* In the wake of 9/11, Bush urged Americans not to demonize Muslims. In the wake of the Boston Marathon bombing, many right-wingers have been vigorously demonizing Muslims.

* Bush said (both during and after his presidency) that he'd like the U.S. prison he established at Guantanamo to be closed. Right-wingers have steadfastly refused to allow that to happen, even now when the prison is falling apart and the majority of inmates are on hunger strike.

* In 2008, Bush rejected an Israeli request for bunker-busting bombs to attack Iran. Right-wingers (and some non-right-wingers) continue to urge military action against Iran.

* Bush pushed for immigration reform as president, and hopes reform can pass now. Many (most?) right-wingers are unswervingly opposed to immigration reform.

* Bush pushed through a stimulus package in 2008 after his policies helped cause a financial collapse. Many right-wingers advocate a balanced budget amendment that would effectively make it impossible to do stimulus spending in a recession.

No More Mister Nice Blog

* In the wake of 9/11, Bush urged Americans not to demonize Muslims. In the wake of the Boston Marathon bombing, many right-wingers have been vigorously demonizing Muslims.

* Bush said (both during and after his presidency) that he'd like the U.S. prison he established at Guantanamo to be closed. Right-wingers have steadfastly refused to allow that to happen, even now when the prison is falling apart and the majority of inmates are on hunger strike.

* In 2008, Bush rejected an Israeli request for bunker-busting bombs to attack Iran. Right-wingers (and some non-right-wingers) continue to urge military action against Iran.

* Bush pushed for immigration reform as president, and hopes reform can pass now. Many (most?) right-wingers are unswervingly opposed to immigration reform.

* Bush pushed through a stimulus package in 2008 after his policies helped cause a financial collapse. Many right-wingers advocate a balanced budget amendment that would effectively make it impossible to do stimulus spending in a recession.

No More Mister Nice Blog

(1) The First Amendment disallows punishing people based on religion. Bush was consistent with upholding his Oath of Office by defending the Constitution.

(2) Prisoners who leave Guantanamo have a 95% recidivism rate, plus they're harder to deal with as such.

(3) We only want the push for nukes quelled on account of their motormouth president.

(4) Our resources have come full circle. Georgia had a drought a few years ago and was desperately running out of water. 325 million in population has pushed our resources to the limit. Time to shut the gate and let our environment return to a more normal state.

(5) We'll get real nice when you stop passing spending bills when you are in the majority and sign our bill of balancing the budget. The US Treasury did not come about to let crazy people spend the best nation in the world into oblivion.

People clearly have short memories.

True. I believe it's also called selective memory.

Even the Republicans were totally embarrassed and exhausted with "W" by 2007. He and his Secty of Treasury pal, Hank Paulson (ex-CEO of Goldman Sachs), wrote the big banks a check for $750,000,000 to keep their Wall Street pals out of trouble after they collapsed our economy.

But I don't expect the righties to remember that, much less the debacle of Iraq and Afghanistan, in which we were handed our collective national ass.

Oh, how quick libs forget that Bush wanted to regulate the very same industries that libs now claim caused the financial crisis, or that Bush went to war with the Democrat's blessing.

deflection noted :bye1: Shrub never shoulda been Pres. He was a legacy student, avoided 'nam, and a failed businessman. He also allowed dick to use torture 'lest we forget.

Water boarding is torture? You don't know shit about torture little man. The other side is who does torture for the fun of it.

He joined the airforce during nam. A hell of a lot more then most of you leftist bastards ever done.

Well, he was president and a Business man that made a lot of money.

This is probably not the right thread, but since the general topic is W, I figure "why not?"

I have never been much of a fan of Bubba. Granted, back in the bygone days of old, I voted for him the first time he ran. (I had not yet thought things through clearly enough to abandon my old liberal thinking).

But once I got to kind of know what Clinton was, I grew to dislike him as a political leader and I wasn't much impressed with him as a person, either.

Still, I have to admit that he does SAY some nice things.

Check this out, for example:

Bill Clinton: 'I like President Bush'

Forum List

Back