Perfect description of today's Right-Wing wackos

Mo_Brooks_Account.jpg

Looks like you did, too.
Seemed fitting..............left wing wacko did this...................as the OP straw mans us.............so what.

Did you read the article in the OP?

Or did you just read the headline, and think that was enough?
I read what was posted primarily the bold.......................either way it's an ideological attack thread now isn't it.

If you decide to take this thread as an "ideological attack", that's on you.

I see it as an interesting (and accurate) assessment of the rhetoric used by people like Alex Jones - that making every issue of apocalyptic importance, and every disagreement a battle between good and evil is destructive to rational discourse.
Right now our side is winning............even with everything but the kitchen sink is thrown at Trump..........Regulations are being slashed, New Supreme Court Judge, ICE is enforcing the immigration laws again, Keystone pipeline, Federal Agencies are being cut back,

It's going good...............

This is from a Charlie Sykes Op-Ed about Alex Jones:

Mr. Jones, Matt Drudge and President Trump himself have played a role in reviving what Richard Hofstadter called “The Paranoid Style in American Politics.” Reread in light of today’s politics, Hofstadter’s 1964 essay seems eerily prescient.

The paranoid spokesman, he wrote, saw the world “in apocalyptic terms — he traffics in the birth and death of whole worlds, whole political orders, whole systems of human values. He is always manning the barricades of civilization. He constantly lives at a turning point.”

At the center of the paranoid worldview, Hofstadter wrote, was a sense on the right that “America has been largely taken away from them and their kind, though they are determined to try to repossess it and to prevent the final destructive act of subversion.”

Since the situation is so dire and the stakes so high, the paranoid spokesman is not interested in half-measures. “He does not see social conflict as something to be mediated and compromised, in the manner of the working politician,” Hofstadter wrote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/17/opinion/sunday/the-danger-of-ignoring-alex-jones.html
You're accusing Republicans of being paranoid? Really?

:lol:

I think you missed the point. Maybe you should try reading it again.
What point have I missed? The first bolded paragraph describes so many on this forum who are hysterical over stopping Democrats from totally destroying America - that we're in our last throes as a free society because of the evil Liberals.

Are you talking about liberals? or Indoctrinated Cultural Marxists calling themselves liberals?

The latter is 80% or better of those that call themselves liberals today. That's not liberalism, that's Marxist fascism

Looks like you did, too.
Seemed fitting..............left wing wacko did this...................as the OP straw mans us.............so what.

I read what was posted primarily the bold.......................either way it's an ideological attack thread now isn't it.

I see it as an interesting (and accurate) assessment of the rhetoric used by people like Alex Jones - that making every issue of apocalyptic importance, and every disagreement a battle between good and evil is destructive to rational discourse.
Right now our side is winning............even with everything but the kitchen sink is thrown at Trump..........Regulations are being slashed, New Supreme Court Judge, ICE is enforcing the immigration laws again, Keystone pipeline, Federal Agencies are being cut back,

If you think I'm talking about which side is "winning", you've missed my point entirely.

Mr. Jones, Matt Drudge and President Trump himself have played a role in reviving what Richard Hofstadter called “The Paranoid Style in American Politics.” Reread in light of today’s politics, Hofstadter’s 1964 essay seems eerily prescient.

The paranoid spokesman, he wrote, saw the world “in apocalyptic terms — he traffics in the birth and death of whole worlds, whole political orders, whole systems of human values. He is always manning the barricades of civilization. He constantly lives at a turning point.”

At the center of the paranoid worldview, Hofstadter wrote, was a sense on the right that “America has been largely taken away from them and their kind, though they are determined to try to repossess it and to prevent the final destructive act of subversion.”

Since the situation is so dire and the stakes so high, the paranoid spokesman is not interested in half-measures. “He does not see social conflict as something to be mediated and compromised, in the manner of the working politician,” Hofstadter wrote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/17/opinion/sunday/the-danger-of-ignoring-alex-jones.html

What point have I missed? The first bolded paragraph describes so many on this forum who are hysterical over stopping Democrats from totally destroying America - that we're in our last throes as a free society because of the evil Liberals.

I think you need to look at what post I was responding to.

Looks like you did, too.

Who is making every utterance or action of the Trump administration into a battle between good and evil? It's worse than that, even. They are saying that Trump will destroy the Earth.
I've taken you off Ignore for this thread.

Why are you introducing Trump into this thread? The OP is not about Trump. The part I quoted mentions him, but the point of the OP is that an essay written in 1964 describes a sizable segment of conservatives in 2017: constantly paranoid that Democrats are about to irrevocably destroy America. We heard it in 2008, and then when Obama actually helped save the country from financial ruin, we heard it again in 2012, that Obama was going to destroy the country. Hillary is going to destroy the country. Bernie is going to destroy the country. Apocalyptic hysteria. Well-represented on USMB.

If you think I'm talking about which side is "winning", you've missed my point entirely.
I see the point................not biting................the OP paints with a broad brush on evil the Republicans are while the other side burned and pillaged through the elections and after he was elected.............

It's an attack thread and you know it................perhaps I should post liberalism is a psychology in response......Always loved that one. Painting with a broad brush back at you.

I see the point................not biting................the OP paints with a broad brush on evil the Republicans are while the other side burned and pillaged through the elections and after he was elected.............

It's an attack thread and you know it................perhaps I should post liberalism is a psychology in response......Always loved that one. Painting with a broad brush back at you.

This thread is only an "attack" if you really want to feel like a victim. Which you clearly do.

But that's not what I'm talking about.

I think you need to look at what post I was responding to.
Sorry. That's a big problem with the Ignore List - it totally hides the Ignored instead of just hiding their content. I've been happily ignoring bripat for years now. :)

Strauss–Howe generational theory - Wikipedia

And that's inaccurate how?

What point have I missed? The first bolded paragraph describes so many on this forum who are hysterical over stopping Democrats from totally destroying America, and we're in our last throes as a free society because of the evil Liberals.

ROFL! If that isn't paranoia, then I've never seen it.

View attachment 133798
A good percentage of tipsycatmoron's posts are about Democrats destroying America.

This thread is only an "attack" if you really want to feel like a victim. Which you clearly do.

The OP accused people on the right of being paranoid. How is that not an attack?

A victim lies down and says please don't kill me................obviously I'm not that...............but if that is your impression so be it.

I simply don't care...............the title of the thread says enough for me it's true intent............

Right Wing Radicals...............no.........he's not trying to start something.........lol.........if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt when he flies.

SE

What point have I missed? The first bolded paragraph describes so many on this forum who are hysterical over stopping Democrats from totally destroying America, and we're in our last throes as a free society because of the evil Liberals.

View attachment 133798
A good percentage of tipsycatmoron's posts are about Democrats destroying America.

They are destroying America.

Are you talking about liberals? or Indoctrinated Cultural Marxists calling themselves liberals?

The latter is 80% or better of those that call themselves liberals today. That's not liberalism, that's Marxist fascism
Fascism is the melding of business and government.

How are Liberals doing that?

Strauss–Howe generational theory - Wikipedia
Yikes! Where's the summation?
4i6Ckte.gif

A victim lies down and says please don't kill me................obviously I'm not that...............but if that is your impression so be it.

I simply don't care...............the title of the thread says enough for me it's true intent............

Right Wing Radicals...............no.........he's not trying to start something.........lol.........if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt when he flies.

You're still not getting it, are you?

I don't give a shit about what the OP is "trying to do", or what he really meant. I'm trying to discuss the article in the OP.

The OP accused people on the right of being paranoid. How is that not an attack?

It's only an attack when you decide to take it personally, snowflake.

SE

View attachment 133798

They are destroying America.
See?

Thanks for confirming my OP!

Forum List

Back