Perfect description of today's Right-Wing wackos

Seemed fitting..............left wing wacko did this...................as the OP straw mans us.............so what.

Did you read the article in the OP?

Or did you just read the headline, and think that was enough?
I read what was posted primarily the bold.......................either way it's an ideological attack thread now isn't it.

If you decide to take this thread as an "ideological attack", that's on you.

I see it as an interesting (and accurate) assessment of the rhetoric used by people like Alex Jones - that making every issue of apocalyptic importance, and every disagreement a battle between good and evil is destructive to rational discourse.

Who is making every utterance or action of the Trump administration into a battle between good and evil? It's worse than that, even. They are saying that Trump will destroy the Earth.
I've taken you off Ignore for this thread.

Why are you introducing Trump into this thread? The OP is not about Trump. The part I quoted mentions him, but the point of the OP is that an essay written in 1964 describes a sizable segment of conservatives in 2017: constantly paranoid that Democrats are about to irrevocably destroy America. We heard it in 2008, and then when Obama actually helped save the country from financial ruin, we heard it again in 2012, that Obama was going to destroy the country. Hillary is going to destroy the country. Bernie is going to destroy the country. Apocalyptic hysteria. Well-represented on USMB.
"Paranoia" describes leftwingers, if it describes anyone.

Right now our side is winning............even with everything but the kitchen sink is thrown at Trump..........Regulations are being slashed, New Supreme Court Judge, ICE is enforcing the immigration laws again, Keystone pipeline, Federal Agencies are being cut back,

It's going good...............

:lol:

If you think I'm talking about which side is "winning", you've missed my point entirely.
I see the point................not biting................the OP paints with a broad brush on evil the Republicans are while the other side burned and pillaged through the elections and after he was elected.............

It's an attack thread and you know it................perhaps I should post liberalism is a psychology in response......Always loved that one. Painting with a broad brush back at you.

This thread is only an "attack" if you really want to feel like a victim. Which you clearly do.

But that's not what I'm talking about.
The OP accused people on the right of being paranoid. How is that not an attack?

It's only an attack when you decide to take it personally, snowflake.
Wrong, of course.

I read what was posted primarily the bold.......................either way it's an ideological attack thread now isn't it.

I see it as an interesting (and accurate) assessment of the rhetoric used by people like Alex Jones - that making every issue of apocalyptic importance, and every disagreement a battle between good and evil is destructive to rational discourse.

Who is making every utterance or action of the Trump administration into a battle between good and evil? It's worse than that, even. They are saying that Trump will destroy the Earth.

You ever read Trump's tweets? I suggest you sign up and follow him.

So you believe Trump is going to destroy the Earth?

No, just America. Hopefully he will be indicted on international money laundering charges and not only impeached but removed from office.
In a thread about paranoia this happened.

A victim lies down and says please don't kill me................obviously I'm not that...............but if that is your impression so be it.

I simply don't care...............the title of the thread says enough for me it's true intent............

Right Wing Radicals...............no.........he's not trying to start something.........lol.........if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt when he flies.

You're still not getting it, are you?

I don't give a shit about what the OP is "trying to do", or what he really meant. I'm trying to discuss the article in the OP.
Yeah.......that we are all going to die and that all of us are paranoid....................

I address the intent of the OP..............You are trying to avoid it.

Have a nice day

Have you read a single word of the article linked in the OP?

I'm going to guess no.

Tell you what - if you want to discuss the article, I'm happy to do so with you.

If you want to whine about how mean the OP is, and how upset you are at being attacked so viciously, I'll have to take a pass.
I restate that this OP had an intent...........and not the one you are trying to imply was the real reason.

I don't give a shit what the OP's "intent" was.
I don't give a shit how attacked you feel.
I don't give a shit what "the real reason" for the thread is.

We don't give a shit about your opinions.

This thread is only an "attack" if you really want to feel like a victim. Which you clearly do.

But that's not what I'm talking about.
You're spending a lot of time telling people replying to you that's not what you're talking about. How about you get to the point and tell us what you're talking about?

Read the damn article, and you'll see.
So we're all just to dumb to get you.

No, I have confidence that you could easily understand what I'm saying - if you stopped whining about how victimized by the OP you are, and just read the damn article.
I'm talking about you at this point. Are you going to once again reply how I just don't understand your posts? Or are you going to step up and clarify?

If you want to know what I'm trying to talk about in this thread, read the damn article - because that's what I'm trying to talk about.

I'll direct you back to my post #14, if it would help to see it in my words.

I see it as an interesting (and accurate) assessment of the rhetoric used by people like Alex Jones - that making every issue of apocalyptic importance, and every disagreement a battle between good and evil is destructive to rational discourse, and in the long run, dangerous for democracy.

Speaking of irony....Alex Jones had to confess in court that his show is all an act, entertainment, in order to retain joint custody of his children in his divorce trial. I'm sure his numb-brained followers will forgive him for this transgression.

You're still not getting it, are you?

I don't give a shit about what the OP is "trying to do", or what he really meant. I'm trying to discuss the article in the OP.
Yeah.......that we are all going to die and that all of us are paranoid....................

Have a nice day

I'm going to guess no.

Tell you what - if you want to discuss the article, I'm happy to do so with you.

If you want to whine about how mean the OP is, and how upset you are at being attacked so viciously, I'll have to take a pass.
I restate that this OP had an intent...........and not the one you are trying to imply was the real reason.

Of course you don't - that's why you've been hanging on every post of mine in this thread.

You ever read Trump's tweets? I suggest you sign up and follow him.

So you believe Trump is going to destroy the Earth?

No, just America. Hopefully he will be indicted on international money laundering charges and not only impeached but removed from office.
Many of your ilk claimed he was destroying the Earth when he withdrew from the Paris agreement.

There is zero chance he will be impeached, especially on accusations that he's guilty of international money laundering.

Speaking of irony....Alex Jones had to confess in court that his show is all an act, entertainment, in order to retain joint custody of his children in his divorce trial. I'm sure his numb-brained followers will forgive him for this transgression.
Link?

InfoWars has something to say about the New York TImes.....

Another Mistake From The New York Times

However, this did not stop the Times from posting their own fact check on false narratives surrounding the shooting on Wednesday which conveniently failed to mention their own outlet’s mistake.

NYT decided to call out Alex Jones’ media outlet Infowars and their false claim that Senator Tim Kaine and Loretta Lynch called for “Blood & Death In Streets.” The fact-check covered more statements from Infowars along with claims made by The Young Turks, a far-left media outlet, and other claims surrounding the tragic shooting on Wednesday. But who did they fail to fact check? Themselves. The New York Times made no mention of their ridiculous blunder that accused Palin of being partially responsible for Loughner’s attack on Gifford.

You're spending a lot of time telling people replying to you that's not what you're talking about. How about you get to the point and tell us what you're talking about?

Read the damn article, and you'll see.

No, I have confidence that you could easily understand what I'm saying - if you stopped whining about how victimized by the OP you are, and just read the damn article.
I'm talking about you at this point. Are you going to once again reply how I just don't understand your posts? Or are you going to step up and clarify?

If you want to know what I'm trying to talk about in this thread, read the damn article - because that's what I'm trying to talk about.

I'll direct you back to my post #14, if it would help to see it in my words.

I see it as an interesting (and accurate) assessment of the rhetoric used by people like Alex Jones - that making every issue of apocalyptic importance, and every disagreement a battle between good and evil is destructive to rational discourse, and in the long run, dangerous for democracy.

Headlines....They don't want anything more than headlines. I wonder what the actual percentage of people in this country is for getting news from television. No one reads newspapers anymore. I get 3-4 plus half a dozen periodicals. Television news is just the headlines.

Have a nice day

I'm going to guess no.

Of course you don't - that's why you've been hanging on every post of mine in this thread.

That's because there are plenty of idiots in the world who might take you seriously. Of course, they are the dumbest of the dumb.

A helpful hint: If you're going to make your intelligence a point of discussion, always proofread before posting.
Here's a point. Show me what was wrong.

Try:
"So we're all just _too_ dumb to get you."
Wow, these are the pearls you people clutch. And still are wrong. To is a perfectly acceptable spelling in this context.

Link?

Gladly. How about links?

InfoWars' Alex Jones Is a 'Performance Artist,' His Lawyer Says in ...
www.nbcnews.com/.../not-fake-news-infowars-alex-jones-performance-artist-n74749...
Apr 17, 2017 - During a heated divorce proceeding, Alex Jones's lawyerinsisted the bombastic radio jock who ... Bill Cosby Scandal · Hot Cars and Kids ... InfoWars' Alex Jones Is a 'Performance Artist,' His Lawyer Says in Divorce Hearing.
Alex Jones' lawyer says right-wing conspiracy theorist's bluster is all ...
Dallas News: Breaking News for DFW, Texas, World › News › Texas
Apr 17, 2017 - And while his attorney says that the on-air persona is an act, Kelly Jones alleges that her ex-husband is subjecting their three children to an ...
InfoWars' Alex Jones is a 'performance artist playing a character', says ...
www.independent.co.uk/.../infowars-alex-jones-performance-artist-playing-character-...
Apr 17, 2017 - Notorious US broadcaster Alex Jones is a “performance artist” and his on air persona is an act, according to his lawyer. Mr Jonesruns the controversial Infowars website, which is known for propagating conspiracy theories and its support of Donald Trump. ... She said some of Mr ...
“He's playing a character”: Alex Jones lawyer says Infowars host is “a ...
www.salon.com/.../he-is-playing-a-character-alex-jones-lawyer-says-infowars-host-is-...
Apr 17, 2017 - Alex Jones is in a custody dispute with his ex-wife, and this case may tell ... now his lawyer in a custody battle wants us to believe that this is all an act. ... He is a performance artist,” said Randall Wilhite, a lawyerin Jones' child ...

A helpful hint: If you're going to make your intelligence a point of discussion, always proofread before posting.

Try:
Wow, these are the pearls you people clutch. And still are wrong. To is a perfectly acceptable spelling in this context.

No, it's not.

To vs. Too

It's a very common mistake, but don't double down.

I'm going to guess no.

That's because there are plenty of idiots in the world who might take you seriously. Of course, they are the dumbest of the dumb.

Those people are then somewhere waaaaay ahead of you.

Mo_Brooks_Account.jpg

Looks like you did, too.
Seemed fitting..............left wing wacko did this...................as the OP straw mans us.............so what.

Did you read the article in the OP?

Or did you just read the headline, and think that was enough?

1. The thread title portends an ideological attack. You don't start an intelligent discussion by calling people wackos. Seems I recall a rule for zone 2 expressly noting thread titles as a reason to move threads form zone 2 forums.

Zone 2 Posting Rules

2. The left has been calling their opposition evil and accusing them of killing people for decades. It was one of the principle tactics in Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. The very principles your dear leader ascribed to and taught.

So pot, meet kettle.

Try:

Don't feel bad. I get their and there constantly mixed up.

Forum List

Back