Perfect example of fake news and the lying media.

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
These lousy bastards show no proof no nothing! Just their numbers and their word! Deanrd could have wrote this garbage or any one of the fake news purveyors here.
(Bloomberg) -- President Donald Trumpā€™s trade wars have already wiped out all but $100 of the average American householdā€™s windfall from Trumpā€™s 2017 tax law. And thatā€™s just the beginning.

That last $100 in tax-cut gains also could soon disappear -- and then some -- because of additional tariffs Trump has announced or is considering. If the president makes good on his threats to impose levies on virtually all imports from China and Mexico, those middle-earning households could pay nearly $4,000 more as they shell out more for a vast range of goods -- from avocados to iPhones.

Subtract the tax cut, and the average household will effectively be paying about $3,000 more a year in additional costs.

ā€œItā€™s giving with one hand and taking with the other,ā€ said Kim Clausing, an economics professor at Reed College in Portland, Oregon, whoā€™s written a book promoting free trade.

Hereā€™s how the math works: middle earners got an average tax cut of $930 for the tax overhaul passed in late 2017, according to the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center. The tariffs already in effect cost the average household about $831, according to research from the New York Federal Reserve.

China Goods

Add in the additional tariffs on another $300 billion in Chinese goods that Trump proposed in May, and is still considering, and that increases the cost for an average family of four to about $2,294 annually, according to research from ā€œTariffs Hurt the Heartland,ā€ a coalition of business groups.
Trumpā€™s Tariffs Have Already Wiped Out Tax Bill Savings for Average Americans

• Banned
Oh heck they do have proof. Lol looks almost as convincing as a global warming graphic.

fa04bd221c85512c1878bd891cbace9e

• Banned
And Mexico is deploying 6000 troops to the border.

These lousy bastards show no proof no nothing! Just their numbers and their word! Deanrd could have wrote this garbage or any one of the fake news purveyors here.
(Bloomberg) -- President Donald Trumpā€™s trade wars have already wiped out all but $100 of the average American householdā€™s windfall from Trumpā€™s 2017 tax law. And thatā€™s just the beginning.

That last $100 in tax-cut gains also could soon disappear -- and then some -- because of additional tariffs Trump has announced or is considering. If the president makes good on his threats to impose levies on virtually all imports from China and Mexico, those middle-earning households could pay nearly $4,000 more as they shell out more for a vast range of goods -- from avocados to iPhones.

Subtract the tax cut, and the average household will effectively be paying about $3,000 more a year in additional costs.

ā€œItā€™s giving with one hand and taking with the other,ā€ said Kim Clausing, an economics professor at Reed College in Portland, Oregon, whoā€™s written a book promoting free trade.

Hereā€™s how the math works: middle earners got an average tax cut of $930 for the tax overhaul passed in late 2017, according to the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center. The tariffs already in effect cost the average household about $831, according to research from the New York Federal Reserve.

China Goods

Add in the additional tariffs on another $300 billion in Chinese goods that Trump proposed in May, and is still considering, and that increases the cost for an average family of four to about $2,294 annually, according to research from ā€œTariffs Hurt the Heartland,ā€ a coalition of business groups.

You know, over twenty years Conservatives did a lot of talking to me about how tariffs stole money from Capitalists. What kind of non-Conservative economics do you subscribe to?

FWIW, I think Trump is childish and could employ the tariffs better but I'm not bothered by them as long as we CONSIDER the effects of the Marshall Plan in slowing the spread of Communism.

Also, judging by what the tariffs have cost people who purchase from the company I work for that amount it cost them doesn't SEEM unrealistic. Now the money it cost them goes to the government which spends it on farm welfare, flood welfare, aircraft carriers, football stadiums, poor folk welfare, space force, all kinds of things. When some guy named George Walker gets a contract to build a baseball stadium from big government and he spends 1/2 that money on construction and 1/2 on whores that money is back in American hands so this is opening up another deb

• Banned

China Goods

You know, over twenty years Conservatives did a lot of talking to me about how tariffs stole money from Capitalists. What kind of non-Conservative economics do you subscribe to?

FWIW, I think Trump is childish and could employ the tariffs better but I'm not bothered by them as long as we CONSIDER the effects of the Marshall Plan in slowing the spread of Communism.

Also, judging by what the tariffs have cost people who purchase from the company I work for that amount it cost them doesn't SEEM unrealistic. Now the money it cost them goes to the government which spends it on farm welfare, flood welfare, aircraft carriers, football stadiums, poor folk welfare, space force, all kinds of things. When some guy named George Walker gets a contract to build a baseball stadium from big government and he spends 1/2 that money on construction and 1/2 on whores that money is back in American hands so this is opening up another deb
I never fail to be surprised at the idiots like you, who believe everything they are fed.

China Goods

I never fail to be surprised at the idiots like you, who believe everything they are fed.

So you are saying the tariffs had no effect and are pointless?

This site: Trump on Tariff Revenue - FactCheck.org

makes me think the tariff has cost every American $240ish directly. Once again, we're spending that money on construction contracts or Patriot Missiles or DHS or whatever. But directly the tariffs have cost that much.

Some of our suppliers have built new factories and this or that so I don't find the $831 number ridiculous by the time you calculate in mark ups. Trump seems to my math is low but I guess you think he exaggerates to say the least.

Forum List

Back