Zone1 Perfect Score

This young man scored 1600 on the SAT.

Z4OKIS25LJAS3AOVJIM73VQFE4.jpeg

17-year-old Justin Ricketts scored a perfect 1600 on his Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). That’s a perfect 800 on both mI
I always like to see positive stories young Black people, they can serve as role models. Pastor Brooks is working hard to create more positive stories for kids having to grow up in much harsher environment.

17-year-old Justin Ricketts scored a perfect 1600 on his Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). That’s a perfect 800 on both math and evidence-based reading and writing.

Ricketts will be a senior at Suncoast Community High School this coming year.

Congratulations to that young man. :113:

I don't think it has as much to do with the racial group, but the fact that so many black kids go to Failed Inner City Hell Hole schools, where they learn how to keister their shanks so they can protect their lunch money.
Correct, this has nothing to do with race. This is a cultural issue. If it was racial, then we wouldnt be able to complain. That would be like getting mad at a retard for not being able to do build a rocket.

Because this is a cultural issue that is absolutely solvable, we have every right to complain about the endless problems we have with black people in the US.

17-year-old Justin Ricketts scored a perfect 1600 on his Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). That’s a perfect 800 on both math and evidence-based reading and writing.

That's awesome. Found this story as well

Seems like he's a personable young man in addition to being gifted. God bless him!

He won't need Affirmative Action, then. He's as smart as any Asian or White Kid.

Too bad, the existence of Affirmative Action will always taint his accomplishments.
Do you even realize how racist the first statement above is? Do you honestly believe that white and Asian people are smarter than Black people?

Unfortunately, you as well as many others, including some hiring managers don't understand the concept of affirmative action.

It's outstanding that he obtained a perfect score on his SATs and he deserves to have his accomplishments celebrated. And while there is no doubt about his abilities, as demonstrated by his scores, there still exists individuals who will question whether or not he earned those scores based solely on ability alone simply due to the fact that he's Black.

Affirmative action was created to provide EVERYONE the OPPORTUNITY to pursue, obtain, progress and thrive in a career of their choice, "without regard to their race, color, religion, etc." not to laboring in positions relegated to them by others, such as how Black people were primarily only able to gain employment in the service industries - maid, bell caps on trains hauling luggage for the white passengers, manual labor, positions in the agricultural industry and so on.

• Brilliant
Reactions: IM2
Do you even realize how racist the first statement above is? Do you honestly believe that white and Asian people are smarter than Black people?
White and Asian people have higher average IQ's than American blacks, and far higher IQ's than African blacks. But that is only an average. As this young man proves, individuals are as smart as they are, regardless of race.

That's why Affirmative Action harms someone like him. It promotes the racist assumption that he cannot be as smart as an Asian or a White and so he needs extra help at hiring time.

I once had a young black female doctor see me for a yearly check up and renewal of my blood pressure medication. My regular doctor - an Asian - had a full caseload, and asked her to to help. She noticed a drop in red blood cells, i.e. slight anemia. She correctly diagnosed it as a possible gastric problem, and sent me for an endoscopy during which they found a tumor. That detection saved my life, as the tumor was about to cross over into my aorta.

How unfair that it be assumed she got her job medical school admission and job because of her race and sex. But many people do, so it is a natural assumption.
Unfortunately, you as well as many others, including some hiring managers don't understand the concept of affirmative action.

It's outstanding that he obtained a perfect score on his SATs and he deserves to have his accomplishments celebrated. And while there is no doubt about his abilities, as demonstrated by his scores, there still exists individuals who will question whether or not he earned those scores based solely on ability alone simply due to the fact that he's Black.
Yes, that's what I said. Due to Affirmative Action, his accomplishments will be questioned.
Affirmative action was created to provide EVERYONE the OPPORTUNITY to pursue, obtain, progress and thrive in a career of their choice, "without regard to their race, color, religion, etc."
That is absurd. Affirmative Action specifically requires grantors of opportunities to regard race, and color when selecting from applicants. If they just pick the best applicant, that isn't Affirmative Action.
not to laboring in positions relegated to them by others, such as how Black people were primarily only able to gain employment in the service industries - maid, bell caps on trains hauling luggage for the white passengers, manual labor, positions in the agricultural industry and so on.
Yes, Affirmative Action is meant to make up for past discrimination. But new discrimination is a horrible remedy for historic discrimination.

White and Asian people have higher average IQ's than American blacks, and far higher IQ's than African blacks. But that is only an average. As this young man proves, individuals are as smart as they are, regardless of race.

That's why Affirmative Action harms someone like him. It promotes the racist assumption that he cannot be as smart as an Asian or a White and so he needs extra help at hiring time.
Affirmative Action doesn't harm him, biased racists who don't care that the Civil Rights Laws say that he should be considered "in all aspects of his employment without regard to his race" and take adverse action(s) against him that cause harm.
I once had a young black female doctor see me for a yearly check up and renewal of my blood pressure medication. My regular doctor - an Asian - had a full caseload, and asked her to to help. She noticed a drop in red blood cells, i.e. slight anemia. She correctly diagnosed it as a possible gastric problem, and sent me for an endoscopy during which they found a tumor. That detection saved my life, as the tumor was about to cross over into my aorta.

How unfair that it be assumed she got her job medical school admission and job because of her race and sex. But many people do, so it is a natural assumption.
It's not a natural assumption, it's an assumption of racists, you even wondering about her competence due to her race while probably not being concerned at all about a doctor treating you who is not Black is bias. Bias based on racism. This is something you've been taught, it's not even something that most of you in all probability have any negative experience with.

Yes, that's what I said. Due to Affirmative Action, his accomplishments will be questioned.
Only racists will question his accomplishments. How much harm they can do to him depends on their position in society and their authority.
Yes, Affirmative Action is meant to make up for past discrimination. But new discrimination is a horrible remedy for historic discrimination.
That's not how affirmative action works. If a company is under a consent decree and is required to hire a specific number of minorities, females, etc. that is generally because they were found to have violated the affirmative action laws (Civil Rights Act of 1964) in the present, not in the past because you can't punish someone for doing something that was not unlawful at the time they committed the offense.

Last edited:
  • Brilliant
Reactions: IM2

That is absurd. Affirmative Action specifically requires grantors of opportunities to regard race, and color when selecting from applicants. If they just pick the best applicant, that isn't Affirmative Action.

Newsvines IQ is higher than yours. Her IQ is higher every one of you idiots running your mouths about whites and Asians being more intelligent than somebody. There is no credible proof of that.

According to what you have written, you need to question the accomplishments of every white person who has ever lived in America, to include yourself. Why do those like you fail to understand that whites have been getting what you call Affirmative Action from the start of this country. George Washington was an Affirmative Action president. Abe Lincoln was an Affirmative Action president. Eisenhower was an Affirmative Action General. Alexander Graham Bell was an Affirmative Action engineer. Henry Ford, Affirmative Action. The Wright Brothers, Affirmative Action. I can keep going.

Your belief in white supremacy allows you to ignore the fact that until 1965 by written law, whites got what you call Affirmative Action. And today some whites still make sure whites continue getting Affirmative Action. Ask Flash,

"I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.”

Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid “affirmative action” hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it. A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental “diversity” demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble. My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time.

Glad I did it. I would do it again.”

For 20 years Flash denied potential job opportunities to black people. He did this while coming here and posting that blacks make up racism, how blacks use racism as an excuse for their failure, how we blame whites today for things that happened 3-400 years ago, how black culture doesn't value work, that liberal democrats tell blacks that whites are keeping us down and make us believe we are victims. How racism was a thing of the past and it was not such a big thing.

Here he was giving racial preferences to whites while declaring how AA cheats whites out of jobs and discriminates against white people. This is an example of white Affirmative Action as it has been done from the beginning of this country and I bet you don't even think to doubt the accomplishments of anyone white because this happens. Flash was/is not the only one doing this and you know it.

Your opinion is pure racist, and it is this type of cognitive dissonance we as people of color must always face when discussing race with "conservative" whites. Racism is so embedded in your mind that you don't consider that white is a race. White is default for American or normal to those like you. Let me be caption obvious and state that white is a race, and white racial preference has been what the American system was built upon. So given this reality and using your logic, everything whites have was given to them because of Affirmative Action.

Affirmative Action doesn't harm him, biased racists who don't care that the Civil Rights Laws say that he should be considered "in all aspects of his employment without regard to his race" and take adverse action(s) against him that cause harm.
What do you think that Affirmative Action is, if not a policy that regards the race of applicants, ostensibly to make up for past discrimination?
It's not a natural assumption, it's an assumption of racists, you even wondering about her competence due to her race while probably not being concerned at all about a doctor treating you who is not Black is bias. Bias based on racism. This is something you've been taught, it's not even something that most of you in all probability have any negative experience with.
Uh . . . you know this is Zone 1, right?

And you know that you know exactly zero about what my experiences have been?
Only racists will question his accomplishments. How much harm they can do to him depends on their position in society and their authority.
Is assuming that he was likely admitted to college through Affirmative Action questioning his accomplishments? Many blacks are indeed admitted to college through Affirmative Action, right? Otherwise, what does it do?
That's not how affirmative action works. If a company is under a consent decree and is required to hire a specific number of minorities, females, etc. that is generally because they were found to have violated the affirmative action laws (Civil Rights Act of 1964) in the present, not in the past because you can't punish someone for doing something that was not unlawful at the time they committed the offense.
Consent decrees are not the only form of Affirmative Action. Nearly every employer, and higher education institution practices some form of official or unofficial Affirmative Action.

I'd respectfully recommend that you take a break from the thread and read up on the topic.

Newsvines IQ is higher than yours.
I doubt that you know NewsVine_Mariyam's IQ, but if Newsvine wants to tell me that he or she has shown you his or her IQ score, I'll take his or her word for it.

I'm positive that you do not know mine.
Her IQ is higher every one of you idiots running your mouths about whites and Asians being more intelligent than somebody. There is no credible proof of that.
That's not true, IM2. Science shows that whites and Asians have higher IQ than American blacks and much higher than African blacks.

Abstract: We provide a detailed review of data from psychology, genetics, and neuroscience in a point-counterpoint format to enable readers to identify the merits and demerits of each side of the debate over whether the culture-only (0% genetic-100% environmental) or nature + nurture model (50% genetic-50% environmental) best explains mean ethnic group differences in intelligence test scores: Jewish (mean IQ = 113), East Asian (106), White (100), Hispanic (90), South Asian (87), African American (85), and sub-Saharan African (70). We juxtapose Richard Nisbett’s position, expressed in his book Intelligence and How to Get It, with our own, to examine his thesis that cultural factors alone are sufficient to explain the differences and that the nature + nurture model we have presented over the last 40 years is unnecessary. We review the evidence in 14 topics of contention: (1) data to be explained; (2) malleability of IQ test scores; (3) cultureloaded versus g-loaded tests; (4) stereotype threat, caste, and “X” factors; (5) reaction-time measures; (6) within-race heritability; (7) between-race heritability; (8) sub-Saharan African IQ scores; (9) race differences in brain size; (10) sex differences in brain size; (11) trans-racial adoption studies; (12) racial admixture studies; (13) regression to the mean effects; and (14) human origins research and life-history traits. We conclude that the preponderance of evidence demonstrates that in intelligence, brain size, and other life history traits, East Asians average higher than do Europeans who average higher do South Asians, African Americans, or sub-Saharan Africans. The group differences are between 50 and 80% heritable.

I believe that other factors need to be explored besides heridity, such as nutrition and other environmental factors. But current science (not settled science which is an oxymoron) shows it to be primarily genetic.
According to what you have written, you need to question the accomplishments of every white person who has ever lived in America, to include yourself. Why do those like you fail to understand that whites have been getting what you call Affirmative Action from the start of this country. George Washington was an Affirmative Action president. Abe Lincoln was an Affirmative Action president. Eisenhower was an Affirmative Action General. Alexander Graham Bell was an Affirmative Action engineer. Henry Ford, Affirmative Action. The Wright Brothers, Affirmative Action. I can keep going.
Actually, that is very true.

If we look at history up until Obama, it is fair to say that every president was elected in the white male only category. If we look all the way to the present, it is fair to say that the category is now "at least half white." Seriously, I agree. Discrimination is wrong, whether you call it racism or Affirmative Action.

G.W. Carver was a great scientist. Imagine how many other great black scientists might would have been his contemporaries if Democrats had not held them back.

Babe Ruth was the Home Run King, but only in a league that did not admit players of the race who is physically the fastest and strongest. The Negro Leagues might have run rings around his all-white Braves, Yankees or Red Sox. Football? Fuggetaboutit.
Your belief in white supremacy allows you to ignore the fact that until 1965 by written law, whites got what you call Affirmative Action. And today some whites still make sure whites continue getting Affirmative Action. Ask Flash,
When did I say I believed in white supremacy?

I'll delete your long quote from Flash. Flash is not me, and I am not Flash. Flash can speak for Flash.

Who cares? Glad for the kid but the only reason why you care is because he's BLACK.
I posted this because racists like you don't show examples of blacks like this.

I doubt that you know NewsVine_Mariyam's IQ, but if Newsvine wants to tell me that he or she has shown you his or her IQ score, I'll take his or her word for it.

I'm positive that you do not know mine.

That's not true, IM2. Science shows that whites and Asians have higher IQ than American blacks and much higher than African blacks.

Abstract: We provide a detailed review of data from psychology, genetics, and neuroscience in a point-counterpoint format to enable readers to identify the merits and demerits of each side of the debate over whether the culture-only (0% genetic-100% environmental) or nature + nurture model (50% genetic-50% environmental) best explains mean ethnic group differences in intelligence test scores: Jewish (mean IQ = 113), East Asian (106), White (100), Hispanic (90), South Asian (87), African American (85), and sub-Saharan African (70). We juxtapose Richard Nisbett’s position, expressed in his book Intelligence and How to Get It, with our own, to examine his thesis that cultural factors alone are sufficient to explain the differences and that the nature + nurture model we have presented over the last 40 years is unnecessary. We review the evidence in 14 topics of contention: (1) data to be explained; (2) malleability of IQ test scores; (3) cultureloaded versus g-loaded tests; (4) stereotype threat, caste, and “X” factors; (5) reaction-time measures; (6) within-race heritability; (7) between-race heritability; (8) sub-Saharan African IQ scores; (9) race differences in brain size; (10) sex differences in brain size; (11) trans-racial adoption studies; (12) racial admixture studies; (13) regression to the mean effects; and (14) human origins research and life-history traits. We conclude that the preponderance of evidence demonstrates that in intelligence, brain size, and other life history traits, East Asians average higher than do Europeans who average higher do South Asians, African Americans, or sub-Saharan Africans. The group differences are between 50 and 80% heritable.

I believe that other factors need to be explored besides heridity, such as nutrition and other environmental factors. But current science (not settled science which is an oxymoron) shows it to be primarily genetic.

Actually, that is very true.

If we look at history up until Obama, it is fair to say that every president was elected in the white male only category. If we look all the way to the present, it is fair to say that the category is now "at least half white." Seriously, I agree. Discrimination is wrong, whether you call it racism or Affirmative Action.

G.W. Carver was a great scientist. Imagine how many other great black scientists might would have been his contemporaries if Democrats had not held them back.

Babe Ruth was the Home Run King, but only in a league that did not admit players of the race who is physically the fastest and strongest. The Negro Leagues might have run rings around his all-white Braves, Yankees or Red Sox. Football? Fuggetaboutit.

When did I say I believed in white supremacy?

I'll delete your long quote from Flash. Flash is not me, and I am not Flash. Flash can speak for Flash.
You post says you believe in white supremacy.

Flashs actions shows that white racial preferences still take place in employment and Lisas existence in admissions shows that they still take place in college. There is no credible scince thats supports IQ based on race. You are an example of a low IQ person. You ignore what has been done for whites, which is what you claim AA is then try arguing how blacks are going to get doubted for getting the "preferences" whites have given themselves. Your entire argument is stupid.

Whites today benefit from the policies of the past. Non whites have been harmed. Color conscious policies that favored whites created the damage. You don't fix damage without fixing the root cause. A policy that allows white the majority of jobs and admissions such as Affirmative action is an attempt to do so. The only opposition to this policy comes from whites who believe they are entitled.

You post says you believe in white supremacy.

Flashs actions shows that white racial preferences still take place in employment and Lisas existence in admissions shows that they still take place in college. There is no credible scince thats supports IQ based on race. You are an example of a low IQ person. You ignore what has been done for whites, which is what you claim AA is then try arguing how blacks are going to get doubted for getting the "preferences" whites have given themselves. Your entire argument is stupid.

Whites today benefit from the policies of the past. Non whites have been harmed. Color conscious policies that favored whites created the damage. You don't fix damage without fixing the root cause. A policy that allows white the majority of jobs and admissions such as Affirmative action is an attempt to do so. The only opposition to this policy comes from whites who believe they are entitled.
You have ONE example that you constantly trot out. For every Flash, there are a million hiring managers who apply fair standards in hiring. Most large employers actively recruit black employees and especially management personnel. Any competent black manager can write his own ticket almost anywhere.

That young man is literally one in a million in terms of IQ and motivation. I've watched a couple of interviews of him and he seems very personable as well. He acknowledges his parents as being there every step of the way in his success. He has the world in the palm of his hand and he deserves it. I'm rooting for the other million who do not have his intellect or resources to still have a chance at a successful life.

Awesome

Forum List

Back