🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Perry Blew it, Romney leads, new gallop poll.

So what? Does every single Christian believe every single thing in the bible?

And that's the difference between a religion and a cult.

A religion can have differences of opinion.

A Cult can't.

Mormonism is a cult. If you don't accept what the prophet says, you get thrown out (which is why there are about 20 or so Mormon splinter sects.)

Dude, you don't know the history of Christianity if you believe that Christianity didn't throw people out of its religion. That may not be true today, but it certainly was true for the first 16 or 17 centuries of Christianity. Was Christianity a cult for the first 1700 or so years of its existence? Christians were still at war with each other in some parts of the world until a few decades ago.

Besides, you are making assumptions about what Romney and Huntsman believe. You and I both know well enough that people pick and choose what they want to believe in religion. I don't know why Mormons are any different.

And to answer your question earlier, yes, you should show us some tangible evidence that Romney and Huntsman allowed their religious beliefs to impede on their governance of their states. If your argument is "All Mormons are crazy and you can't trust them because they have this weird-ass religion and do bizarre things," there must be a treasure trove of examples of Mormons imposing their religion into the public domain via government laws. So show us some. Otherwise, why should we believe you that Mormons at the highest level of government are bad?

I was under the impression there were already some up there .

Why do we care if Romney is a Mormon?

I worry more because he is another rich worthless SOB AND a business man. I notice the media loves him and he is NEVER lacks for media exposure. weird, huh? lol how do you all feel about being a SUCKER for the MEDIA? must be embarrassing.

Just another troll on the ignore list.....

You're NOT on MY ignore. I really like your posts!!!!!! Unlike you, my brain can handle the idea some folks think differently than I do.:clap2:
To be candid, my ignore list is very short- it actually has nobody on it. :lol: I just skip over posts of people that I feel are trolling. You may or may not be a troll...time will tell. Your contribution to this thread has been less than impressive.

PS- I come here specifically to read other opinions.

that's fair...I am not so bad.....:eusa_angel:

Still early. McCain was light years behind in 08. The big problem is this; Perry can't frame his debate against Obama while he's trying to catch up to Romney. So if he does get the Nom; he is going to be playing some catch-up ball against Obama.

Still early though although this is a good sign that people are beginning to realize that Perry is just another professional politician who came in as a poor man and is leaving as a multi-millionaire.

Guiliani lost because his social liberalism was exposed. Fred Thompson lost because, much like Perry, his debating skills with subpar!

Perry has traits of both Guiliani and Thompson. Liberal on immigration and piss poor debating skills!

Good for you. Four more years of Obama.

That's what you'll get with Romney. Because I'll probably vote for Obama is Romney is the nominee.

Because at that point, it becomes a religious issue for me, and that's more important than which one of these guys believes more in socialized medicine via big payoff to the insurance companies.

Frankly, either one of these guys would be more of the same. Big government, big liberalism.

I don't hate Obama because he's Obama. I don't like him because of his ineptitude and his policies. Romney would be more of the same, with a cult I hate with their fingers on the controls.

(Yes, Mormonism is a cult. Deal with it.)

Apparently the Religious Right cares BUT:
No Religious Test Clause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The No Religious Test Clause of the United States Constitution is found in Article VI, paragraph 3, and states that:
The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

I worry more because he is another rich worthless SOB AND a business man. I notice the media loves him and he is NEVER lacks for media exposure. weird, huh? lol how do you all feel about being a SUCKER for the MEDIA? must be embarrassing.

I have two theories on that.

The first is that they know that once he secures the nomination, it's going to be easy to torpoedo him over his weird religion, sleazy business practices, and general unlikeability.

The other is that they know Obama is toast, so they are promoting the REpublican they think they can live with.

Apparently the Religious Right cares BUT:
No Religious Test Clause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The No Religious Test Clause of the United States Constitution is found in Article VI, paragraph 3, and states that:
The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to drag that one out...

Okay, the GOVERNMENT can't impose a religious test. But voters can and should. Absolutely.

If a Candidate said he was a worshipper of the winged serpent Queztocoatl and that he was going to sacrfice a virgin a day until the economy got better and the God was appeased, we wouldn't say, "Well, gee, that's his religion, we shouldn't judge. Let's not forget that religious test. " We would say, "HOLY SHIT, THIS GUY IS NUTS!!!!!" and run screaming from him in a serpentine pattern.

Now before I hear another tired chorus of "you're a meaniehead who doesn't like Mormons", the point is, the same poll that shows that 22% of the electorate won't vote for a Mormon also shows that 49% won't vote for an atheist. Now, being an agnostic, I have no problem with that. But if you actually want to WIN, you should take that into account.

The t-partiers/repub base will never vote for Ronmey. Amiright?

I think that the massive majority of conservatives and tea partiers will vote against Obama regardless of the nominee.

Then what you are admitting is that Romney can completely ignore all of your concerns because hey, he's not Obama, and that's the only thing that counts.

I think that the massive majority of conservatives and tea partiers will vote against Obama regardless of the nominee.

Then what you are admitting is that Romney can completely ignore all of your concerns because hey, he's not Obama, and that's the only thing that counts.

Elections are always the same- we choose the candidate we perceive as the lesser of evils......Personally, I agree with Romney on far more issues than I agree with Obama.

In the end voters will have to decide for themselves. Four more years of the existing fool, start fresh with a new fool, or stay home and let other fools decide for you!

I disagree--it's certainly something we can't risk. We really cannot afford another 4 years of this kind of misery--by not putting up the right candidate.

If there is one thing that Barack Obama is an expert at. It's campaigning. I never heard anyone in politics that can debate and or deliver a speech like he does.

We need to insure--through our pick of a good candidate--that Obama meets his match at debating and delivering a speech. Rick Perry is not that man.

You have got to remember--that most Americans do not pay much attention to politics. They may watch one or two debates--if any--or listen to one single perfectly pronounced speech--and they stagger into a voting booth every 4 years so they can screw up this country--with their lack of knowledge of any candidate.

So be very careful which candidate you wish for--it may just become true.

$obama-speech.jpg

One Big Ass Mistake America

Last edited:

Forum List

Back