🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Perry Blew it, Romney leads, new gallop poll.

You mean I should wait for the freaked out cultist to do something weird before I can take their freaked out cult into consideration?

That doesn't seem like it makes a lot of sense.

If Romney believes that dark skin is a curse from God, that there were Hebrews in the Americas before Columbus, that God lives on a planet called Kolob, and that he's going to become a God of his own world based on his success here, I think that's a good enough reason to not want to give him access to nuclear weapons.

As for evolution, half of Americans don't believe in Evolution. And if there were any real value to embryonic stem cells, they wouldn't need government subsidies. (Kind of like the solar industry.)

Yes and how many elections did Ronald Reagan lose before he won??? Can't win them all and I think that Mitt was a little too conservative for the very liberal state of MA.

Well, no actually, he was just liberal enough. Of course, that was when he claimed to be a liberal who was pro-gay rights and pro abortion. (Incidently, don't really care about these issues, personally, but I'm amazed that all these people who do are willing to embrace Romney).

Incidently Reagan's electoral record was 4 out of 6 that he won. He won for governor twice, lost the nomination in 1968 (where he wasn't a serious contender) and 1976 before winning in 1980 and 1981.

But here's where you miss the point. Ronald Reagan stuck to his philosophical guns, even if it cost him. He hoisted the conservative banner after Goldwater took a bath in 1964 and the GOP establishment wanted to go more moderate. He never waivered on his principles.And eventualy, he prevailed.

For Romney-Bot, I'm not even sure which version we are getting. The "Better on Gay Rights than Teddy" version that ran in 1994 or the "I'm just as Christian Right as you are" version that ran in 2008.

Reagan was also a pragmatist. Taxes were significantly higher in California eight years after he became governor than when he was first elected. After calling the Soviet Union an Evil Empire, he sat down and negotiated with Gorbachev. He talked strength in the Mid East then left after the Marines barracks were blown up. What do you expect from someone who went from being a Democrat union-leader to a Republican? He was just really really good at it.

If Romney believes that dark skin is a curse from God, that there were Hebrews in the Americas before Columbus, that God lives on a planet called Kolob, and that he's going to become a God of his own world based on his success here, I think that's a good enough reason to not want to give him access to nuclear weapons.

First, where has he said this?

Second, why do I care that he believes God lives on Kolob? How is that different from this invisible man living in the Sky, though you can't see Him, nobody has, but trust me, he's there?

I'd rather have someone who believes God lives on Kolob but who can get this economy going again as President than someone who believes exactly what I believe but wouldn't know what a balance sheet looks like if it walked up and bit him on the ass.

Last edited:
Reagan was also a pragmatist. Taxes were significantly higher in California eight years after he became governor than when he was first elected. After calling the Soviet Union an Evil Empire, he sat down and negotiated with Gorbachev. He talked strength in the Mid East then left after the Marines barracks were blown up. What do you expect from someone who went from being a Democrat union-leader to a Republican? He was just really really good at it.

Without giving too much credence to how you've mischaracterized elements of Reagan's record...

Reagan was a pragmatist when he needed to be a pragmatist. And as he said, he didn't leave the Democrats, the Democrats left him. I would agree. I would be very comfortable in the GOP of FDR, Harry Truman and JFK. It's the Democratic party of Barack Obama and Jimmy Carter that distresses me. But he stood on his principles. The Reagan who ran in 1984 was the same Reagan who ran in 1968.

Romney believes whatever his pollsters and focus group tells him. Other than Mormonism, I doubt the man has any core beliefs. We are now on the fourth version of Romney-Bot. The one who doesn't believe in his own health care reform package because it looks too much like the one Obama put in place.

First, where has he said this?

Second, why do I care that he believes God lives on Kolob? How is that different from this invisible man living in the Sky, though you can't see Him, nobody has, but trust me, he's there?

That's what's in the Mormon Bible. This is what they believe.

Like most whacky cults, they don't tell you that straight up. They don't tell you about Evil Space Lord Zenu in Scientology until they have a good chunk of your money.

But here's the gag. The MSM media isn't going to talk about this NOW. They are going to wait until the GOP establishment has shoved this fool into the nomination, and then we are going to see all sorts of exposes on Mormons and their crazy beliefs and crazier history.

Now, it isn't like the good old days of Mormonism, where their Temple Oaths used to call on vengence against the United states... They abolished that in 1920.

"You and each of you do covenant and promise that you will pray and never cease to pray to Almighty God to avenge the blood of the prophets upon this nation, and that you will teach the same to your children and to your children's children unto the third and fourth generation."[

Oath of vengeance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I guess they got over that, we can trust them now.

So what? Does every single Christian believe every single thing in the bible?

And that's the difference between a religion and a cult.

A religion can have differences of opinion.

A Cult can't.

Mormonism is a cult. If you don't accept what the prophet says, you get thrown out (which is why there are about 20 or so Mormon splinter sects.)

[

He pushed and signed into law state run healthcare, which I agree states have the right to do under the constitution. But he still must answer for why he as the governor advocated for it when the private sector does so much a better job with it. .

No, not "state run healthcare," that is not correct.

[

He pushed and signed into law state run healthcare, which I agree states have the right to do under the constitution. But he still must answer for why he as the governor advocated for it when the private sector does so much a better job with it. .

Well, when the government insists EVERYONE has to have it, and the providers HAVE to provide the same level of service, regardless, that's state run.

The only difference between ObamaCare and RomneyCare is the state controls it instead of the Federal government.

So what? Does every single Christian believe every single thing in the bible?

And that's the difference between a religion and a cult.

A religion can have differences of opinion.

A Cult can't.

Mormonism is a cult. If you don't accept what the prophet says, you get thrown out (which is why there are about 20 or so Mormon splinter sects.)

Dude, you don't know the history of Christianity if you believe that Christianity didn't throw people out of its religion. That may not be true today, but it certainly was true for the first 16 or 17 centuries of Christianity. Was Christianity a cult for the first 1700 or so years of its existence? Christians were still at war with each other in some parts of the world until a few decades ago.

Besides, you are making assumptions about what Romney and Huntsman believe. You and I both know well enough that people pick and choose what they want to believe in religion. I don't know why Mormons are any different.

And to answer your question earlier, yes, you should show us some tangible evidence that Romney and Huntsman allowed their religious beliefs to impede on their governance of their states. If your argument is "All Mormons are crazy and you can't trust them because they have this weird-ass religion and do bizarre things," there must be a treasure trove of examples of Mormons imposing their religion into the public domain via government laws. So show us some. Otherwise, why should we believe you that Mormons at the highest level of government are bad?

Well, when the government insists EVERYONE has to have it, and the providers HAVE to provide the same level of service, regardless.[/QUOTE]

They don't.

Perry shouldn't have even got in, now everyone knows just how stupid he really is.

Dude, you don't know the history of Christianity if you believe that Christianity didn't throw people out of its religion. That may not be true today, but it certainly was true for the first 16 or 17 centuries of Christianity. Was Christianity a cult for the first 1700 or so years of its existence? Christians were still at war with each other in some parts of the world until a few decades ago.

Besides, you are making assumptions about what Romney and Huntsman believe. You and I both know well enough that people pick and choose what they want to believe in religion. I don't know why Mormons are any different.

I wouldn't want to live under Christianity of the 17th century and neither would you or anyone else. The problem is, Mormons are still partying like it's 1699. They have it in their by-laws to establish God's Kingdom on Earth. You don't have to let the snake bite you to realize snakes bite.

And to answer your question earlier, yes, you should show us some tangible evidence that Romney and Huntsman allowed their religious beliefs to impede on their governance of their states. If your argument is "All Mormons are crazy and you can't trust them because they have this weird-ass religion and do bizarre things," there must be a treasure trove of examples of Mormons imposing their religion into the public domain via government laws. So show us some. Otherwise, why should we believe you that Mormons at the highest level of government are bad?

Well, I can give you a great example. Prop 8. 70% of pro-Prop 8 funds came from LDS. The Prophet put out the call, and people emptied out their children's college funds in order to defeat gay marriage in a state which is only 2% LDS. We didn't find out the extent of the fraud (again) until after the election was over.

and I can go into whole lists about how they run Utah, how they gave Hoffman a pass on two murders because he embarrassed the church by foisting fake documents on them.

Well, when the government insists EVERYONE has to have it, and the providers HAVE to provide the same level of service, regardless.

They don't.[/QUOTE]

Once again- You HAVE to buy insurance. The insurance companies HAVE to provide coverage for things whether you want them or not, and you have to pay their price. Doctors HAVE to take patients, regardless of whether they want them or not.

That's RomneyCare. Coming soon to the whole country.

Now, I don't have an opinion strongly on this. I think the current system is broken, and maybe a single payer system might be the ultimate solution. Of course what Romney did by design and Obama did by accident was enrich big insurance by making sure that they got big payoffs.

Well, when the government insists EVERYONE has to have it, and the providers HAVE to provide the same level of service, regardless.

They don't.

Once again- You HAVE to buy insurance. The insurance companies HAVE to provide coverage for things whether you want them or not, and you have to pay their price. Doctors HAVE to take patients, regardless of whether they want them or not.

That's RomneyCare. Coming soon to the whole country.

Now, I don't have an opinion strongly on this. I think the current system is broken, and maybe a single payer system might be the ultimate solution. Of course what Romney did by design and Obama did by accident was enrich big insurance by making sure that they got big payoffs.[/QUOTE]

You done? The statements you made about the program (bad as it is) were not accurate. Instead of having the balls to just flat-out admit you were wrong you started to dance and spin and shuffle and look for a way of salvaging your argument. If you had a shred of character you'd find discussions more enriching.

You done? The statements you made about the program (bad as it is) were not accurate. Instead of having the balls to just flat-out admit you were wrong you started to dance and spin and shuffle and look for a way of salvaging your argument. If you had a shred of character you'd find discussions more enriching.

Guy, I have plenty of enlightening discussions. I only talk to you for the humor value because you have such a short fuse.

Sorry, man, when the government TELLS you you have to do something, that's state run.

The only thing that changed is that the GOP rank and file hates any government at this point. Even government they thought was kind of okay six years ago.

There's no difference between ObamaCare and RomneyCare, and Romney is running away from RomneyCare faster than the LDS ran away from plural marriage.

Forum List

Back