PETA calls for the 'hanging' of the hunter who killed Cecil the lion

"Wow" what?

What is the punishment for his crime in the country in which it occurred?

Have you started 'Wow' threads over African countries putting Gay men to death? Nope.

Dude that's the whole point here. The world is much more upset about this, than they are about the issue you raise, or about ISIS burning someone alive, etc.

Sign the official petition to have the motherfucker extradited to face charges for poaching:

Extradite Minnesotan Walter James Palmer to face justice in Zimbabwe. We the People Your Voice in Our Government

My dad spent years in Nairobi going on safaris. He's especially proud of the 9' (head to tip of tail) tiger he killed on one visit. Shot and cut the head off a giraffe and has that on his wall, too. It's embarrassing and very, very wrong.

Do we know for sure that he was completely aware that what he was doing was illegal ?
I thought the claim was that he believed the hunt was completely legit and legal ?

It matters not to me. Hunting for sport is immoral, killing a defenseless animal is cowardly and pathological. Next time he wants to kill a big cat, send him into their habitat with a knife.

I agree with you.

Send the low-life alone with a knife ..... let's see how macho he is then!

Piece of crap!

That would work for me as well, but man it's amazing how upset the entire world is about this.

The fact that many are so upset about this gives me hope in the human race! Not all is lost yet...

In my opinion it means that there is still an iota of sympathy in the heart of men and women for all sort of creatures - big and small - that share the earth with us.

According to Lion Aid, a charity that lobbies against trophy hunting, many aspects of Cecil’s murder were both legal and standard practice for big game hunters in Zimbabwe.

The organization’s website explains that it’s completely legal to bait lions, shoot them with a crossbow from a blind, and hunt them outside a national park in a private hunting concession, as Palmer did. It’s also not illegal to kill a lion wearing a radio tracking collar, as Cecil was.

By the way, is your avatar the guy who wrote "Route 66 (get your kicks)" ?

Sign the official petition to have the motherfucker extradited to face charges for poaching:

Extradite Minnesotan Walter James Palmer to face justice in Zimbabwe. We the People Your Voice in Our Government

My dad spent years in Nairobi going on safaris. He's especially proud of the 9' (head to tip of tail) tiger he killed on one visit. Shot and cut the head off a giraffe and has that on his wall, too. It's embarrassing and very, very wrong.

Do we know for sure that he was completely aware that what he was doing was illegal ?
I thought the claim was that he believed the hunt was completely legit and legal ?

It matters not to me. Hunting for sport is immoral, killing a defenseless animal is cowardly and pathological. Next time he wants to kill a big cat, send him into their habitat with a knife.

I agree with you.

Piece of crap!

That would work for me as well, but man it's amazing how upset the entire world is about this.

The fact that many are so upset about this gives me hope in the human race! Not all is lost yet...

In my opinion it means that there is still an iota of sympathy in the heart of men and women for all sort of creatures - big and small - that share the earth with us.

Yes, but don't you think the priorities are a bit out of balance here ? I mean I don't see celebs tweeting all over the place calling for the head of ISIS, but man have a lion poached, and holy shit you have them breaking down and crying !

It ain't hard to lure PETA out of retirement during a democrat administration with a Bambi story. Aren't we all animals? Where was PETA when Dr. Gosnel was slaughtering human babies (and sometimes mothers) in his house of abortion horrors? What would PETA say if they systematically harvested and sold the body parts of aborted lion fetuses?

Last edited:

I agree with you.

Piece of crap!

Yes, but don't you think the priorities are a bit out of balance here ? I mean I don't see celebs tweeting all over the place calling for the head of ISIS, but man have a lion poached, and holy shit you have them breaking down and crying !

There is plenty of outcry when behadings are committed by ISIS Islamic murderers. That' is beyond horrible and total cruelty!

So yes, in my opinion there is balance.

Wow.

For Immediate Release:
July 28, 2015

Hunting is a coward’s pastime. If, as has been reported, this dentist and his guides lured Cecil out of the park with food so as to shoot him on private property, because shooting him in the park would have been illegal, he needs to be extradited, charged, and, preferably, hanged. To get a thrill at the cost of a life, this man gunned down a beloved lion, Cecil with a high-powered weapon. All wild animals are beloved by their own mates and infants, but to hunters like this overblown, over-privileged little man, who lack empathy, understanding, and respect for living creatures, they are merely targets to kill, decapitate, and hang up on a wall as a trophy. The photograph of this dentist, smiling over the corpse of another animal, who, like Cecil, wanted only to be left in peace, will disgust every caring soul in the world.

— PETA President Ingrid Newkirk

PETA calls for Walter Palmer to be ‘hanged’ for killing Cecil the lion

In the days since suburban Minnesota dentist Walter Palmer was outed as the hunter who killed Cecil the lion, there has been no shortage of public fury.

Angry animal lovers from around the world flooded Palmer’s Yelp and Facebook page with thousands of negative reviews. Zimbabwean officials said they are investigating Palmer for poaching. An online petition urging the White House to extradite Palmer quickly sped past 100,000 signatures.

Celebrities as different as Ricky Gervais and Newt Gingrich condemned the lion killing. Mia Farrow tweeted out the dentist’s business address — only to delete it — and she faced a backlash after some online mistakenly believed she’d published Palmer’s home address.

But by far and away the most radical reaction belonged to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

PETA calls for Walter Palmer to be hanged for killing Cecil the lion - The Washington Post
lol. Peta. They are wackadoodles but I love their passion. No, he should not be hanged. I would prefer him in a zimbabwe prison...for 10 years. With lots of pissed off zimbabwians. :D
Save transport costs and drop him in Chicago.

so some dude kills a lion and should be hung or fed to other lions

but pp is farming aborted babies for body parts and that's a big 'what ev' from the leftist filth.

lions mean more to them

Hey, one can have compassion for people and animals, well, some people, not the cowards who hunt because they like to kill. That's sick!

PETA Euthanized A Lot Of Animals At Its Shelter In 2014 And No-Kill Advocates Are Not Happy About It

The group euthanized 2,454 of its 3,369 cats, dogs and other animals, the vast majority of which were "owner surrenders," meaning that they'd been relinquished to the group voluntarily. Just 23 dogs and 16 cats were adopted

How much money did PETA take in last year from unsuspecting donors who helped pay for this mass carnage? $51,933,001: $50,449,023 in contributions, $627,336 in merchandise sales, and $856,642 in interest and dividends. They finished the year with $4,551,786 more in the bank than they started, after expenses. They did not see fit to use some of that to comprehensively promote animals for adoption or to provide veterinary care for the animals who needed it.

By contrast, the Lynchburg Humane Society, also in Virginia, took in about the same number of animals as PETA but saved 94% and without PETA’s millions. Seagoville Animal Services in Texas took in 1/3 of the numbers (about 700 animals) but only 1/20th of 1% of the amount of money that PETA did, saving 99% of them on a paltry $29,700 budget. In fact, hundreds of cities and towns across America are saving over 90% of the animals and doing so on a fraction of PETA’s wealth.

peta is nothing but a bunch of lying leftist hypocrites that don't give one fuck about that lion

Hey dipshit, this is not about PETA or Abortion. It's about an asshole who gets off killing animals - a sport for wannabe serial killers.

Last edited:
By the way, have you guys ever seen how a lion pride works ?
You would really be horrified.
An alpha's reign only lasts two to three years, during that time he must hold off all challengers, or his current crop of cubs are doomed since if a challenger is successful the cubs will all be killed.
It's a sad ass community, but it's natures way of keeping the lion population controlled, and making it so that other species can exist.

I would have loved to have shot that lion to put on the wall in my home. I've been on many exotic hunts at the King Ranch and have downed some beautiful animals. It was worth it. The harassment this hunter is enduring is totally uncalled for.

You know the myth about St. Peter guarding the gates to heaven. Well, it's only a partial myth. The guard changes depending on the karma of the person seeking admission. That beautiful animal you may have killed, may very well be in charge when you get to the gate, or the guard maybe Dr. MLK, sending you to the depths of hell.

PETA Euthanized A Lot Of Animals At Its Shelter In 2014 And No-Kill Advocates Are Not Happy About It

The group euthanized 2,454 of its 3,369 cats, dogs and other animals, the vast majority of which were "owner surrenders," meaning that they'd been relinquished to the group voluntarily. Just 23 dogs and 16 cats were adopted

How much money did PETA take in last year from unsuspecting donors who helped pay for this mass carnage? $51,933,001: $50,449,023 in contributions, $627,336 in merchandise sales, and $856,642 in interest and dividends. They finished the year with $4,551,786 more in the bank than they started, after expenses. They did not see fit to use some of that to comprehensively promote animals for adoption or to provide veterinary care for the animals who needed it.

By contrast, the Lynchburg Humane Society, also in Virginia, took in about the same number of animals as PETA but saved 94% and without PETA’s millions. Seagoville Animal Services in Texas took in 1/3 of the numbers (about 700 animals) but only 1/20th of 1% of the amount of money that PETA did, saving 99% of them on a paltry $29,700 budget. In fact, hundreds of cities and towns across America are saving over 90% of the animals and doing so on a fraction of PETA’s wealth.

peta is nothing but a bunch of lying leftist hypocrites that don't give one fuck about that lion

Hey dipshit, this is not about PETA or Abortion. It's about an asshole who gets of killing animals - a sport for wannabe serial killers.

There are millions of hunters, and few serial killers. You guys on the left who automatically connect the two do so in order to justify to yourselves that it's okay to hate the hunters and to wish them dead.

By the way, have you guys ever seen how a lion pride works ?
You would really be horrified.
An alpha's reign only lasts two to three years, during that time he must hold off all challengers, or his current crop of cubs are doomed since if a challenger is successful the cubs will all be killed.
It's a sad ass community, but it's natures way of keeping the lion population controlled, and making it so that other species can exist.

Sound like a Republican debate to me.

I agree with you.

Piece of crap!

Actually, it gives me less hope. How easy it is to express outrage on the internet and tweet tweet tweet away. And then go out for drinks and apps at the new trendy place and forget all about it.

No real effort required. Not like actually helping a real person at a soup kitchen.

I chalk most of this up to the same category as Global Warmists who do nothing to alter their high energy consumption lifestyles. Their idea of activism is a bumper sticker on their car.

Hey dipshit, this is not about PETA or Abortion. It's about an asshole who gets of killing animals - a sport for wannabe serial killers.

There are millions of hunters, and few serial killers. You guys on the left who automatically connect the two do so in order to justify to yourselves that it's okay to hate the hunters and to wish them dead.

A painful death. An serial killers start with defenseless animals, some hunters simply lack the balls to kill the most dangerous animal - Man.

As for us guys on the left, on this point there is no left or right, there is only a moral argument to be made, and killing for fun is pathological, to say the least.

I agree with you.

Piece of crap!

Actually, it gives me less hope. How easy it is to express outrage on the internet and tweet tweet tweet away. And then go out for drinks and apps at the new trendy place and forget all about it.

No real effort required. Not like actually helping a real person at a soup kitchen.

I chalk most of this up to the same category as Global Warmists who do nothing to alter their high energy consumption lifestyles. Their idea of activism is a bumper sticker on their car.

That's your opinion of course.

I respect it but do not share it.

Unlike you,I am given hope in humanity when so many are upset about this lion.

It is what it is.

According to Lion Aid, a charity that lobbies against trophy hunting, many aspects of Cecil’s murder were both legal and standard practice for big game hunters in Zimbabwe.

The organization’s website explains that it’s completely legal to bait lions, shoot them with a crossbow from a blind, and hunt them outside a national park in a private hunting concession, as Palmer did. It’s also not illegal to kill a lion wearing a radio tracking collar, as Cecil was.

Only a coward would bait an animal, shoot it from a hiding place, let is slowly die and enjoy cutting off its head and putting it on his wall. Big game hunter my ass.

I agree with you.

Piece of crap!

That's your opinion of course.

I respect it but do not share it.

Unlike you,I am given hope in humanity when so many are upset about this lion.

It is what it is.

I'll feel more hope when I see actually meaningful efforts to address the horrific situations of Christians being killed in the the Middle East, slave-citizens in North Korea starving to death, the rape and sexual slavery of girls under ISIS' control....

It's FAR TOO COMFORTABLE tweeting about a lion...

Wow.

For Immediate Release:
July 28, 2015

Hunting is a coward’s pastime. If, as has been reported, this dentist and his guides lured Cecil out of the park with food so as to shoot him on private property, because shooting him in the park would have been illegal, he needs to be extradited, charged, and, preferably, hanged. To get a thrill at the cost of a life, this man gunned down a beloved lion, Cecil with a high-powered weapon. All wild animals are beloved by their own mates and infants, but to hunters like this overblown, over-privileged little man, who lack empathy, understanding, and respect for living creatures, they are merely targets to kill, decapitate, and hang up on a wall as a trophy. The photograph of this dentist, smiling over the corpse of another animal, who, like Cecil, wanted only to be left in peace, will disgust every caring soul in the world.

— PETA President Ingrid Newkirk

PETA calls for Walter Palmer to be ‘hanged’ for killing Cecil the lion

In the days since suburban Minnesota dentist Walter Palmer was outed as the hunter who killed Cecil the lion, there has been no shortage of public fury.

Angry animal lovers from around the world flooded Palmer’s Yelp and Facebook page with thousands of negative reviews. Zimbabwean officials said they are investigating Palmer for poaching. An online petition urging the White House to extradite Palmer quickly sped past 100,000 signatures.

Celebrities as different as Ricky Gervais and Newt Gingrich condemned the lion killing. Mia Farrow tweeted out the dentist’s business address — only to delete it — and she faced a backlash after some online mistakenly believed she’d published Palmer’s home address.

But by far and away the most radical reaction belonged to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

PETA calls for Walter Palmer to be hanged for killing Cecil the lion - The Washington Post
PETA are a bunch of pussy commies.

Big game hunters are impotent fascists.

Only a coward would bait an animal, shoot it from a hiding place, let is slowly die and enjoy cutting off its head and putting it on his wall. Big game hunter my ass.

That's an interesting opinion. Suppose I blew a dart at a lion from my 5 foot long 62 caliber blowgun? Would you call me a big game hunter or a coward?

Forum List

Back