Pete Buttigieg: College Football Is ‘Problematic’

Attacking college football is a real vote getter.

I swear Democrats are working for Trump.

Pete Buttigieg: College football is ‘problematic’
I think dipshit hypocrite pillow-biters running for president are problematic.....:iagree:

:th_metoo:
He's not really running for president. He's running for national pastor from the church of Gay Jesus. The first American national religion.
He's just testing the waters.

The next test will be a Hispanic Illegal who's into Pedophilia.

Attacking college football is a real vote getter.

I swear Democrats are working for Trump.

Pete Buttigieg: College football is ‘problematic’
I think dipshit hypocrite pillow-biters running for president are problematic.....:iagree:

:th_metoo:
He's not really running for president. He's running for national pastor from the church of Gay Jesus. The first American national religion.
He's just testing the waters.

The next test will be a Hispanic Illegal who's into Pedophilia.
That's pretty much all of them.

Nothing wrong with the game. The way the NCAA distributes the profits is.
What do you mean?

'...schools are benefiting more from student athletes’ activities more than the students themselves.'

Econometer: Should the NCAA change rules so athletes can profit?

Should college sports players be paid to play sports other than their scholarships?
Will they be paid proportionally based on their skill set? signing letter of commitment bonuses?, or all paid the same amount? In the vast majority of colleges and universities only football and sometimes basketball programs make money. What about men's wrestling those are always money losers sports programs, do they get paid also? How would title IX affect this as women sports programs never generate a positive cash flow. Everybody gets paid something and the schools that can afford to pay the most get the best.

So to be able to afford the best players available out of high school we drop all sports that lose money. Then we have a men's football team making a boatload of money and thereby to comply with title IX we have women's football team that the men's football program can support. All the sports that cannot generate a positive cash flow for both men's and women's programs combined will be dropped and that revenue will go to players salaries.

What do you mean?

'...schools are benefiting more from student athletes’ activities more than the students themselves.'

Should college sports players be paid to play sports other than their scholarships?
Will they be paid proportionally based on their skill set? signing letter of commitment bonuses?, or all paid the same amount? In the vast majority of colleges and universities only football and sometimes basketball programs make money. What about men's wrestling those are always money losers sports programs, do they get paid also? How would title IX affect this as women sports programs never generate a positive cash flow. Everybody gets paid something and the schools that can afford to pay the most get the best.

So to be able to afford the best players available out of high school we drop all sports that lose money. Then we have a men's football team making a boatload of money and thereby to comply with title IX we have women's football team that the men's football program can support. All the sports that cannot generate a positive cash flow for both men's and women's programs combined will be dropped and that revenue will go to players salaries.

"The California assembly is considering a bill that would allow student athletes to profit from the use of their names, likeness and images. The NCAA working group is deciding how to respond. The idea is that students should be allowed to make money from their skills, besides a scholarship, which is currently not allowed by the NCAA."

That wouldn't cut into the NCAA's pie either.

What do you mean?

Bullshit, those football programs benefit all the sports teams, guys and girls alike not to mention brings in high quality students, world class labs and the like.

And its amateur sports, no way should the kids profit, that's as asinine as letting dudes with dicks in dresses compete against little girls.

What do you mean?

Bullshit, those football programs benefit all the sports teams, guys and girls alike not to mention brings in high quality students, world class labs and the like.

And its amateur sports, no way should the kids profit, that's as asinine as letting dudes with dicks in dresses compete against little girls.

So your for spreading the wealth generated by a few, who worked really hard to be the best, to those who didn't?. I'm not opposed. The kids(not really kids, young adults) should be not be prohibited from making money "from the use of their names, likeness and images".

What do you mean?

Leftism:
Take a beloved institution and destroy it.

The subject of compensation for student athletes has been around at least since I played in the late 70's.

They are compensated aren't they? Theyre on full scholarships. At least 150k and up for three to four years. I'll add though that I have no love for the corrupt NCAA?

What do you mean?

Leftism:

The subject of compensation for student athletes has been around at least since I played in the late 70's.

They are compensated aren't they? Theyre on full scholarships. At least 150k and up for three to four years. I'll add though that I have no love for the corrupt NCAA?
And the NCAA takes in 1 billion a year.

What do you mean?

Leftism:

Yes they do. We're getting ready to see a clash with Kansas and the NCAA real soon with payments to players and Adidas shoes.

What do you mean?

Leftism:

Imo it's wrong that the players often lack basic "pocket money" common to kids of the upper middle class, and even though part time jobs are disappearing for college "yutes" athletes don't even have the time to get jobs like many of us had.

But imo rather than worrying about how they are "used," and they are to an extent although some get introductions to careers, I think they're basic needs, health and giving them the necessary support and more academic eligibility/support to get educations is the way to go.

Leftism:

Imo it's wrong that the players often lack basic "pocket money" common to kids of the upper middle class, and even though part time jobs are disappearing for college "yutes" athletes don't even have the time to get jobs like many of us had.

But imo rather than worrying about how they are "used," and they are to an extent although some get introductions to careers, I think they're basic needs, health and giving them the necessary support and more academic eligibility/support to get educations is the way to go.

Good points.

What do you mean?

So do high schools.
They also benefit by scholarships and many other aspects towards their future.
People trying to ruin college football like they did NFL.

What do you mean?

So do high schools.
They also benefit by scholarships and many other aspects towards their future.
People trying to ruin college football like they did NFL.

They do benefit from the scholarships. Their talents pay for a lot more. Just saying.

I hate the idea of paying college football players. No loyalty to a team/school, everything is just money driven. When/if that day comes, I will have a lot more free time on Saturdays because I won't watch it anymore. I only watch the NFL when I don't have anything better to do for this very reason.

After watching what happened to my Wolverines in Wisconsin, I agree with Petey. Where is the real Harbaugh....who's this imposter on the sidelines? :confused:

Leftism:

They don’t even get that.

A Fight to Keep College Athletes From the Pain of Injury Costs

Forum List

Back