Petraeus: Hillary would make a "tremendous president"; praises handling...

I never said it was distorted. Why don't you go buy the book and put the quote in its proper context instead of regurgitating an ABC blurb. It is your thread cowboy.

Well if you agree it wasn't distorted, why would I entertain this idea it was taken out of context? :cuckoo:

HC would make a tremendous President, of a back water, 3rd world shit hole.

Would Kenya do?

I could see that as a kinda "tit-for-tat" swap!

How about you explain with specifics how this quote was taken out of context and what makes it distorted.

I never said it was distorted. Why don't you go buy the book and put the quote in its proper context instead of regurgitating an ABC blurb. It is your thread cowboy.

Well if you agree it wasn't distorted, why would I entertain this idea it was taken out of context? :cuckoo:

I have not agreed with anything. What planet are you currently residing on?

I have not agreed with anything. What planet are you currently residing on?

Ok so you're just rambling then? Ok cool. I figured. Im going to tune you out now.

...of Benghazi.

Keep in mind this is a republican.

"She'd make a tremendous president," Petraeus says in the new book "HRC" by Jonathan Allen and Aimee Parnes.
And for Petraeus, Exhibit A in why she would be a tremendous president is the very thing for which Republicans most aggressively attack Clinton: her performance as Secretary of State when the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, was attacked.
"Like a lot of great leaders, her most impressive qualities were most visible during tough times," Petraeus tells Allen and Parnes. "In the wake of the Benghazi attacks, for example, she was extraordinarily resolute, determined, and controlled."

Keep in mind this guy didn't work in the State Department. He was head of the CIA during the time of the attacks. There is no reason he would not be candid about her. Not only that, but the two had a rough history going back to the controversy of the Iraq war.

Petraeus's glowing assessment is especially interesting given his uneasy history with Hillary Clinton. She essentially accused Petraeus of lying about progress in Iraq when he was President Bush's commander there and she was a senator preparing to run for president.

Did Petraeus Just Endorse Hillary Clinton? - Yahoo

do you have the full quote?

no sentence ends with a comma.
I would like to see that myself I have been looking but not been able to find it so far you have to wonder about a quote from a book titled 'HRC: State Secrets and the Rebirth of Hillary Clinton.

He was head of the CIA who let our men down at Beghazi. Of course he is going to say she did tremendous that is how incompetent people get jobs in Washington by kissing rear end.

As for him being a republican, he is not republican. The only reason the OP thinks he is because the liberal left hates the military so therefore if someone is in the military it ain't one of them.

I would really like to know how 4 men end up dead and that situation is handled well? He is one old soldier that needs to fade away.

He was head of the CIA who let our men down at Beghazi. Of course he is going to say she did tremendous that is how incompetent people get jobs in Washington by kissing rear end.

As for him being a republican, he is not republican. The only reason the OP thinks he is because the liberal left hates the military so therefore if someone is in the military it ain't one of them.

I would really like to know how 4 men end up dead and that situation is handled well? He is one old soldier that needs to fade away.

Um how about you explain how he had anything to do with this Benghazi incident? Because the CIA didn't pick up on the attack? Is that your reasoning? The CIA must be able to prevent ANY attack before it happens? Get real.

The article said he was republican. Obviously he indicated his politics to someone. Why would it be a secret?

I don't hate the military. You cons are always so presumptuous and you are often wrong. My brother fought in Iraq. I'm proud of him for it.

Um how about you explain how he had anything to do with this Benghazi incident? Because the CIA didn't pick up on the attack? Is that your reasoning? The CIA must be able to prevent ANY attack before it happens? Get real.

The article said he was republican. Obviously he indicated his politics to someone. Why would it be a secret?

I don't hate the military. You cons are always so presumptuous and you are often wrong. My brother fought in Iraq. I'm proud of him for it.

OHG you are damn brain-dead. THE CIA GATHERS INTELLGENCE AND INFORMS THE PRESIDENT. THAT is their sole mission in life. If we didn't know then they didn't tell us and he was in charge. Maybe if the adulterer would have spent more time being honest to his wife he would have done a better job in the CIA.

OF course they are going to say he was a republican but I find no other information that says he has claimed either way. No matter what he claims if he said that about Hillary then he is no republican.

But I understand now, he is being quoted in a left wing book designed to promote Hillary. Maybe he said it maybe he didn't we need to hear from him.

What I would really like to know is what qualifies her to be President. What accomplishment has she achieved? Nothing I can see.

Yeah, yeah the liberals don't hate the military they just spit on the Vietnam vets to show their love.

Last edited:

Where in the article does it say he is a Republican? I have read it twice the nearest thing to that in the article is this among Republicans, there is no more popular general than David Petraeus. Would you mind pointing out exactly where in the article it says he is a Republican?

Where in the article does it say he is a Republican? I have read it twice the nearest thing to that in the article is this among Republicans, there is no more popular general than David Petraeus. Would you mind pointing out exactly where in the article it says he is a Republican?

I think he would mind, thus no answer will be forth coming.

OHG you are damn brain-dead. THE CIA GATHERS INTELLGENCE AND INFORMS THE PRESIDENT. THAT is their sole mission in life. If we didn't know then they didn't tell us and he was in charge. Maybe if the adulterer would have spent more time being honest to his wife he would have done a better job in the CIA.

OF course they are going to say he was a republican but I find no other information that says he has claimed either way. No matter what he claims if he said that about Hillary then he is no republican.

But I understand now, he is being quoted in a left wing book designed to promote Hillary. Maybe he said it maybe he didn't we need to hear from him.

What I would really like to know is what qualifies her to be President. What fucking accomplishment has she achieved? Nothing I can see.

Yeah, yeah the liberals don't hate the military they just spit on the Vietnam vets to show their love.

Lol well if those are your standards, then by that logic the CIA has a dismal record ever since its inception.

Do you really think Yahoo would commit defamation? That is a crime, you know that right?

Perhaps if you read his book you would learn them.

Last edited:
LOL...what exactly did Hilary "handle well" in regards to Benghazi? She ignored the danger to our personnel and then took part in an attempt to cover up what happened for political reasons, lying to the American people and even worse the families of the slain men.

Yep. She did a tremendous job. NOT.

The woman's Dept dropped the ball and four good men died because those assholes didn't give shit one about people in danger. No one got fired. No heads rolled and you can bet Hilbat didn't give a shit either. "What difference does it make.?"

Hilary Clinton and "Tremendous POTUS??" In a pigs eye.

He was head of the CIA.

Why should we care about your opinion? Fox News?

We shouldn't.

You obviously care about my opinion because you respond to it enough.
He resigned from the CIA over a possible security breach due to his not being able to keep his pants up. I realize that endears him to Democrats but still not much recommendation.

My point is, what gives you more credibility than Petraeus?

Missing the point? It isnt me vs Petraeus. It's whether anyone should listen to Petraeus on this.

gawd the worship of politicians have become a cult in this day and age

It's ugly and scary all rolled into one

they just keep rehashing these politicians in our government, she's a Senator, APPOINTED SoS, now she has to be our President

of course if she's elected we'll hear how disagreeing with her is, Sexist...like with the black president everything was, Racist

what a gig for these career taxpayers sucking people up in our government...but what can you do

I think he would mind, thus no answer will be forth coming.

Yeah BillyOOO, you mind pointing out where in the article it says he's a Republican? Thanks.

Neither does sticking your head in the sand in regards to what happened in Benghazi. It was a clusterfuck of epic proportions and Hillary was in charge. When the shit hit the fan she went along with the made up story that the attack was simply a protest over a video that escalated. Those aren't "talking points"...those things are what took place.

What we're seeing now is the beginnings of an attempt by the liberal media to "fix" Hillary Clinton's Benghazi problem. Trust me, it's going to get worse...

The only people who believe or give a shit about Hillary with regard to Benghazi are those that hate her anyway. Everybody else couldn't give two shits...

You don't "give two shits" that our Secretary of State took place in a blatant attempt to lie to the American public about the murder of a US Ambassador and three other Americans by terrorists? What DO you give a shit about?

The parents of the 4 dead heroes did not hate her before...but they do now.

They have to blame somebody I guess. Their blame and hate is misplaced.

I'm curious, Dr. Grump...if you were the mother of one of the slain Americans and Hilary looked you in the eyes as they were unloading the casket of your son from the plane that had just flown him back to the US and told you an outright lie about what happened to him purely for political reasons leading up to an election...how would you feel towards her once you found out that she had lied? How would you feel when you saw her in front of Congress defiantly asking "What difference does it make!"

You coming on here to state that any hatred they might feel is "misplaced" simply adds insult to the injury that they already suffered.

I predict the former general will piss off the hillary haters and change no minds.

Forum List

Back