Peyton Manning And The New Rules Concerning Defense

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
The East Coast Sport media has already given Peyton Manning the 2015 Lombardi.

For some reason they feel Manning will benefit the most of any QB with the "Legion Of Boom" rules the NFL has enacted for the 2014 season.

I think this is humorous because I feel it will be Seattle that reaps the low hanging fruit from these new flag fests in the secondary.

What the league doesn't understand is that the Seahawks were the best at not "mugging" receivers illegally last season but playing the best within the rules.

The reason that Manning and his high octane receivers were stopped in the Super Bowl was NOT what happened before the ball was caught..it was AFTER the receiver touched the ball and the violence focused by the Seahawk Safeties, CBs and Linebackers on Denver's players.

The third regular season game for both Seattle and Denver will be in the CLink. Denver will be smashed into miniature ponies in that game and the refs won't be able to do anything about it.

NFL is making effective defense almost impossible. Defensive penalties are gonna skyrocket this season, interfering with the flow of play, and making the game less fun to watch.

they defenitely made those new rules because of how the Hawks shut Manning down last year obviously.

they defenitely made those new rules because of how the Hawks shut Manning down last year obviously.

I believe the Hawks will thrive even if the NFL doesn't back off on some of the way calls have been made in this pre season. There will be loads of complaints by all of the teams.

Also the best DBs and Linebackers will still be the best no matter what.

What the teams will THINK they can do is just toss the ball up for grabs and their receivers will have an advantage. Against average to shitty DBs that may be true. What it will do is make for more interceptions this season also as the QBs will take more chances and the great DBs will pick em off like stealing candy from those damned babies !!!!

Also the new rules don't take into account what REALLY happened in the Super Bowl and that was that Manning was being moved around and under big preasure. A couple of Mannings poor throws and ints were not because of close DB play anyway... It was Bennett and Avril running up his whitey tighty old ass. Nothing has changed there.. our D-Line is as good or improved over last season.. :lol:

Forum List

Back