Pharmacist Denies Anti-Bleeding Medication Because Woman Might Have Had an Abortion

I don't have contempt for pharmacists. I have nothing but respect for them, especially PharmD's who round with us and taught me pharmacology. Your attempts to put words in my mouth and misrepresent my personal frigging opinion, which you can only speculate on, is starting to verge on the dishonest and is far beyond being annoying. You don't have to agree with my opinion. Stop putting words in my mouth or telling me how I feel about another group in the health professions.

Then explain, if you can, why nurses and doctors get to opt out of abortions, but pharmacists do not because they are not really involved. That is your position, and I am not putting words into your mouth, I am just pointing out how absurd it is.

Is it? You are the only person on this thread that seems to be pitching a hissy fit about it. Perhaps it's because you inferred something that was never really there.

Perhaps, or perhaps I am just challenging stupidity.

Then explain, if you can, why nurses and doctors get to opt out of abortions, but pharmacists do not because they are not really involved. That is your position, and I am not putting words into your mouth, I am just pointing out how absurd it is.

I've already explained it. Twice. At this point, I am less inclined to explain it a third time to someone who is going to deliberately misrepresent my position and beliefs.

Below is the law, but it may be easier to read at the link.

A couple of points...

#1: To be eligible for application of the "Conscience Law" the health care provided must fall into the defined categories which are "abortion, dispensation of an abortifacient drug, human embryonic stem cell research, treatment regimens utilizing human embryonic stem cells, human embryo cloning or end of life treatment and care". Anti-bleeding medication does not fall into those categories.

#2: The objection to provide those services (which in this case don't apply anyway) must be submitted in writing to the employer in advance.

#3: Given such written notification, the employer is not allowed to discriminate against the employee because of such objection (which would also apply to not hiring the employee to begin with) unless the employer were to show undue hardship. Now in a hospital, that would normally not be a problem as there are multiple doctors/nurses/technicians/staff available at all times. However an independent Pharmacy could make the claim that having to hire two Pharmacists who make over $100,000 is an unreasonable accommodation. Although the counter argument can be made is that if Walgreens is a chain store and there is another Walgreens in the immediate area, then one store can support another and all Walgreens has to do is ensure two objecting Pharmacists are not on duty at the same time at two different store. A scheduling modification/screening would not be considered an acceptable accommodation.

#4: The law provides for immunity in the event of the application of the Conscience Law in the cases of "civilly, criminally or administratively" prosecution. However since the medication prescribed does not meet the critera as an applicable "health care service" under the law the Pharmacist could be open to administrative discipline under the Idaho Board of Pharmacy and if found to be negligent, that would provide a good basis for a civil suit.

>>>>

I am not going to parse the law in an attempt to defend the alleged actions of the pharmacist, I will simply point out that anyone who supports the right of a person to be a conscientious objector in time of war yet opposes the right of anyone in the medical field to always opt out of any procedures they have a similar moral objection to is a hypocrite.

My personal opinion and if I were making the laws there would be no Public Accommodation laws and there would need to be no "Conscience Laws" because the government should not be dictating to private businesses that they are required to service any customer. The performance of job related duties should be a matter between the employer and the employee. However, my personal opinion does not change the laws as they exist.

As to the deflection about hypocrites and conscientious objectors, the military is an all volunteer force and no one is forced to join. If you volunteer for the military, whose job it is to go to war btw, and you refuse to go to war after volunteering then you should be charged under United States Code Title 18 Chapter 47 (Uniform Code of Military Justice) and prosecuted as a Military Court Martial may direct.

>>>>

Last edited:
>

Since you ask "should", I'll provide my opinion...

Should nurses be required to assist in abortions?

No.

Duties performed by an employer should be defined by that employer. If the nurse works for an employer and that employer performs abortions, then that Nurse should not work for that employer either by his/her choice or that of the employer.

Should doctors be required to perform abortions?

No.

Duties performed by an employer should be defined by that employer. If the Doctor works for an employer and that employer performs abortions, then that Doctor should not work for that employer either by his/her choice or that of the employer, or the Doctor should open their own practice.

Should pharmacists be required to provide abortifacients?

No.

Duties performed by an employer should be defined by that employer. If the Pharmacist works for an employer and that employer sells abortifacients, then that Pharmacist should not work for that employer either by his/her choice or that of the employer, or the Pharmacist should open their own Pharmacy.

>>>>

My personal opinion and if I were making the laws there would be no Public Accommodation laws and there would need to be no "Conscience Laws" because the government should not be dictating to private businesses that they are required to service any customer. The performance of job related duties should be a matter between the employer and the employee. However, my personal opinion does not change the laws as they exist.

As to the deflection about hypocrites and conscientious objectors, the military is an all volunteer force and no one is forced to join. If you volunteer for the military, whose job it is to go to war btw, and you refuse to go to war after volunteering then you should be charged under United States Code Title 18 Chapter 47 (Uniform Code of Military Justice) and prosecuted as a Military Court Martial may direct.
>>>>
+1 That is exactly how it should be. I can support laws requiring public hospitals that can fill scripts to dispense medications as there needs to be someplace that people can get their meds filled but a business should not be forced to sell a product because someone else wants them too. That is like forcing McDonalds to carry pears because you like them. Where do we have the right to force that on a business.

I've already explained it. Twice. At this point, I am less inclined to explain it a third time to someone who is going to deliberately misrepresent my position and beliefs.
But your explanation was somewhat lacking. If I get your position correctly, you believe that because the pharmacist is simply dispensing the medication they are not really part of the process as someone that is actually prescribing, administering or otherwise taking part in the actual procedure and therefore should not have the right to object to the medication. I find that stretching as they ARE a part of that process. Is the getaway driver not implicated in the crime as well?
Why do you have reservations about a conscious clause? Should people be forced to do things that they disagree with simply because it inconveniences others? Do you also support slavery?

A person's morals might not be relevant if it complicates patient care. Perhaps they should consider another line of work. I have no idea where you are going with "slavery" but I'll venture to guess it's a stretch.
if someone has a problem doing things required of their job, they are in the wrong profession
If someone wants to force businesses to sell specific items then they are in the wrong country. Why should a pharmacist in a private business be forces to provide particular service?
I happen to agree with you about pharmacies not having to employ pharmacists that will not comply. The employer has the right not to hire or even to fire employees that they do not want in their employment. If the employer (in this case Walgreen's) insists that all pharmacists dispense RU-486 and some of their pharmacists refuse to do so on account of the conscious clause, then the employer has every right, IMHO, to terminate their contract or the employee has the right to find employment elsewhere.

A pharmacist who refuses to perform his or her duties might be better of seeking a position in another line of work.

That is hard for me to say because I understand and agree with the need for the conscious clause. However, the employee (in this case a pharmacists) places him or her self under the authority of the employer and thus should comply with the employer's instructions.

Immie

I can understand the conscious clause as it applies to some areas of health care. An OB/GYN resident who is pro-life should not be forced to perform abortions as a requirement to complete their training. That is a procedure that, but for the actions of the person involved, would not have happened.

However, when it comes to a pill, a pharmacist is a barrier between a dispensary and the patient and basically just complies with what a physician writes on a script pad, with some oversight to make sure the correct pills are given out and that they are safe. The patient still has to administer the pill to themselves. The pharmacist has no hand in that.

Frankly, I have never seen expanding this to pharmacists as a matter of conscious. I see it as another attempt by the anti-abortion crew to try and interdict Roe.

Which is why this pharmacist most likely refused to fill a non-abortificant medication simply because it came from planned parenthood.

What if Utah adopts a similar provision and expands it so that Mormon pharmacists don't have to give out pills that have caffeine in them?

What if California adopts a similar provision and expands it so that Scientologist pharmacists don't have to give out psychiatric meds.

I know those are *gasp* hypothetical situations, but this has the potential to get absolutely silly.
Why are any of those silly. I don't care what the particular reason is that a pharmacist does not want to sell a particular drug and I can't see where the problem is if the employer has equal power to hire someone else. It is funny that anyone here would support profitability as a good reason to not sell or stock a drug but bring in morality and suddenly we get a resounding we can't have that...

The same can be said for the example given here by another poster of the Muslim woman that wants to be a dancer. She has every right to refuse to remove her gear and the employer has every right to not hire/fire her for that decision as it affects his business directly.
2. Pharmacists take NO oath at all, much less an oath to fill any and all prescriptions that cross their counter. They can't take such an oath or the smaller ones in particular would quickly be driven out of business. Smaller pharmacies ROUTINELY tell someone they have to get a prescription for an uncommon medication filled somewhere else because they don't stock it and they don't want to mess with an uncommon one at all. I had a pharmacist who refused to fill a prescription of mine because the smallest lots he could get were for 100 pills and I had been prescribed 5 -and it was an uncommon enough drug he knew no one was going to buy the other 95 before they expired and the cost of those 5 pills to me would not cover his loss on the other 95. Tough luck for me, it was absolutely his right to make that business decision -I had to take the prescription to another pharmacy. That's life. If he said he couldn't sell it me because it somehow violated his conscience to do so -I would have had to take it somewhere else too. That's life. I cannot force someone to sell me ANYTHING if they choose not to sell it (except if their reasons are because of my race or gender). Did you know that customers don't own the business and they don't get to make those decisions? A pharmacy is just another privately owned business and demanding they sell you a particular drug when they have decided not to sell that one -is no different than suing McDonald's because they refuse to sell you pineapple shakes! Tough luck, but you can't force McDonald's to sell you a pineapple shake and you can't force a pharmacist to sell you any particular drug either.

The difference is that you are speaking to a selling or stocking issue and this was not a case of the pharmacy not stocking the medication. It was also not a case of the pharmacist objecting to the medication being given either. The allegation as stated is a case of the pharmacist discrimination against the customer based on the POSSIBILITY of an abortion. There is a HUGE stretch that the pharmacist took if the facts are as presented and that is what makes this an issue. Not to mention that it is illegal under current law anyway.

You already explained it.

Twice.

Amazing.

Yet, after I challenged you on this post, you just said you already explained yourself.

I can understand the conscious clause as it applies to some areas of health care. An OB/GYN resident who is pro-life should not be forced to perform abortions as a requirement to complete their training. That is a procedure that, but for the actions of the person involved, would not have happened.

However, when it comes to a pill, a pharmacist is a barrier between a dispensary and the patient and basically just complies with what a physician writes on a script pad, with some oversight to make sure the correct pills are given out and that they are safe. The patient still has to administer the pill to themselves. The pharmacist has no hand in that.

Frankly, I have never seen expanding this to pharmacists as a matter of conscious. I see it as another attempt by the anti-abortion crew to try and interdict Roe.

Which is why this pharmacist most likely refused to fill a non-abortificant medication simply because it came from planned parenthood.

What if Utah adopts a similar provision and expands it so that Mormon pharmacists don't have to give out pills that have caffeine in them?

What if California adopts a similar provision and expands it so that Scientologist pharmacists don't have to give out psychiatric meds.

I know those are *gasp* hypothetical situations, but this has the potential to get absolutely silly.

So, the way I understand the only explanation you gave, you think pharmacists are not entitled to a conscious clause because they it is simply a ploy by the anti abortion crowd to exempt your rights as a medical professional.

Fuck you and your patronizing attitude. You have not explained anything, and are, in fact, insisting that you did not mean what you said. I have quoted your post three times now, and you have not once responded to the portion of what you said that I am challenging.

You claim you respect pharmacists, yet you do not think they should be entitled to a conscious exemption. That is not respect, that is disdain.

You claim they are a part of the medical profession, yet all they do is fill prescriptions under supervision.

You claim I am misrepresenting your position and putting words in your mouth, yet when I quote your actual words you ignore them and focus on other things.

Below is the law, but it may be easier to read at the link.

A couple of points...

#1: To be eligible for application of the "Conscience Law" the health care provided must fall into the defined categories which are "abortion, dispensation of an abortifacient drug, human embryonic stem cell research, treatment regimens utilizing human embryonic stem cells, human embryo cloning or end of life treatment and care". Anti-bleeding medication does not fall into those categories.

#2: The objection to provide those services (which in this case don't apply anyway) must be submitted in writing to the employer in advance.

#3: Given such written notification, the employer is not allowed to discriminate against the employee because of such objection (which would also apply to not hiring the employee to begin with) unless the employer were to show undue hardship. Now in a hospital, that would normally not be a problem as there are multiple doctors/nurses/technicians/staff available at all times. However an independent Pharmacy could make the claim that having to hire two Pharmacists who make over $100,000 is an unreasonable accommodation. Although the counter argument can be made is that if Walgreens is a chain store and there is another Walgreens in the immediate area, then one store can support another and all Walgreens has to do is ensure two objecting Pharmacists are not on duty at the same time at two different store. A scheduling modification/screening would not be considered an acceptable accommodation.

#4: The law provides for immunity in the event of the application of the Conscience Law in the cases of "civilly, criminally or administratively" prosecution. However since the medication prescribed does not meet the critera as an applicable "health care service" under the law the Pharmacist could be open to administrative discipline under the Idaho Board of Pharmacy and if found to be negligent, that would provide a good basis for a civil suit.

>>>>

I am not going to parse the law in an attempt to defend the alleged actions of the pharmacist, I will simply point out that anyone who supports the right of a person to be a conscientious objector in time of war yet opposes the right of anyone in the medical field to always opt out of any procedures they have a similar moral objection to is a hypocrite.

>>>>

Last I looked no one is required to be a pharmacist either. I will also point out that, even as an all volunteer force, the military still recognizes conscientious objectors and has no problem discharging them. And, despite the claims of some to the contrary, it is actually pretty easy to get a discharge as a conscientious objector if it is legitimate. Even the UCMJ allows an affirmative defense.

>>>>

Last I looked no one is required to be a pharmacist either. I will also point out that, even as an all volunteer force, the military still recognizes conscientious objectors and has no problem discharging them. And, despite the claims of some to the contrary, it is actually pretty easy to get a discharge as a conscientious objector if it is legitimate. Even the UCMJ allows an affirmative defense.

From Military Regulations concerning conscientious objector status are not as easy as you imply. There are procedures to request such status, however those procedures require an indpendent investigation to determine the validity of such a request and the military does not view or process such requests favorably when:

1. Personal history and claims to being a conscientious objector prior to volunteering for the military.

2. Based on conscientious objector status claimed and rejected under the Selective Service System.

3. Based on disagreement with a particular action (such as deployment orders), pragmatism, or expediency to evade deployment.

4. Insincere claims.

5. Based on disagreement with a certain war.

http://www.fas.org/irp/doddir/army/ar600-43.pdf

Even the UCMJ allows an affirmative defense.

"Affirmative defense?" That means that someone was charged with something (otherwise they wouldn't need a "defense").

Here is the link to the Manual of the Courts Martial -->> http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/law/mcm.pdf

The MCM describes in detail the Uniform Code of Military Justice, it's punative articles, and the means of charging each and the criteria used in evaluating each of the charges.

Please quote the section that cites "conscientious objector" is a positive defense for any of the punitive articles contained therein.

I will gladly review your findings, but be aware the word "conscientious objector", "objector" or "conscientious" (as it pertains to this subject) do not appear anywhere in the Manual of the Courts Martial and so are not listed as a "positive defense" in respect to any charge under the UCMJ.

>>>>

Last edited:
Fuck you and your patronizing attitude. You have not explained anything, and are, in fact, insisting that you did not mean what you said. I have quoted your post three times now, and you have not once responded to the portion of what you said that I am challenging.

Way to class it up, QW. For the record, you have distorted my position, falsely attributed statements to me, and claimed I believe things I do not believe. I am not the problem here. By all means, keep telling me what I believe. If you've gotten disdain from me recently, it's because you earned it. I've lost count of the things you've claimed that I've said that I never said. Everyone else on this thread has been capable of talking about this issue without ad hominem.

This is why I try to avoid "abortion" topics. People like you don't do nuance on the issue.

>>>>

From Military Regulations concerning conscientious objector status are not as easy as you imply. There are procedures to request such status, however those procedures require an indpendent investigation to determine the validity of such a request and the military does not view or process such requests favorably when:

1. Personal history and claims to being a conscientious objector prior to volunteering for the military.

2. Based on conscientious objector status claimed and rejected under the Selective Service System.

3. Based on disagreement with a particular action (such as deployment orders), pragmatism, or expediency to evade deployment.

4. Insincere claims.

Here is the link to the Manual of the Courts Martial -->> http://www.fas.org/irp/doddir/army/ar600-43.pdf

The MCM describes in detail the Uniform Code of Military Justice, it's punative articles, and the means of charging each and the criteria used in evaluating each of the charges.

Please quote the section that cites "conscientious objector" is a positive defense for any of the punitive articles contained therein.

I will gladly review your findings, but be aware the word "conscientious objector", "objector" or "conscientious" (as it pertains to this subject) do not appear anywhere in the Manual of the Courts Martial and so are not listed as a "positive defense" respect to any charge under the UCMJ.

>>>>

I can't think of a single CO request (or CO period) that I stumbled upon during my time in the service.

But your explanation was somewhat lacking. If I get your position correctly, you believe that because the pharmacist is simply dispensing the medication they are not really part of the process as someone that is actually prescribing, administering or otherwise taking part in the actual procedure and therefore should not have the right to object to the medication. I find that stretching as they ARE a part of that process. Is the getaway driver not implicated in the crime as well?

If someone wants to force businesses to sell specific items then they are in the wrong country. Why should a pharmacist in a private business be forces to provide particular service?

Why are any of those silly. I don't care what the particular reason is that a pharmacist does not want to sell a particular drug and I can't see where the problem is if the employer has equal power to hire someone else. It is funny that anyone here would support profitability as a good reason to not sell or stock a drug but bring in morality and suddenly we get a resounding we can't have that...

The same can be said for the example given here by another poster of the Muslim woman that wants to be a dancer. She has every right to refuse to remove her gear and the employer has every right to not hire/fire her for that decision as it affects his business directly.

Legit questions. If you can wait, I'll try and respond tomorrow.

Walgreens needs to make their policy, if they even have one which is the problem here, clearer.
If they do not want to fill prescriptions from PP, BOTH potential customers and PP should be aware and notified of this policy by Walgreens PRIOR to attempts made to fill prescriptions.
Something as important as health care demands nothing less.

>

For those that may wonder, here is the Walgreens Mission Statement:

Mission Statement

We will provide the most convenient access to consumer goods and services…and pharmacy, health and wellness services…in America.

We will earn the trust of our customers and build shareholder value.

We will treat each other with respect and dignity and do the same for all we serve.

We will offer employees of all backgrounds a place to build careers.​

Walgreens Newsroom: Mission Statement

>>>>

Update on the facts:
Walgreens called PP and spoke with their regional media director. Why? Because Walgreens is worried about the negative media this is giving them. Walgreens is a well run organization.
Walgreens took prompt action and informed PP media director Kristen Plosser that they informed the pharmacist that what they did was wrong, that it will never happen again and that the pharmacist in question was told specifically she should have handed it off to another colleague and was instructed to do so in the future.
But wait a minute. Walgreens did all this not even knowing if any of the allegations were true or not.
Of course all of these allegations are false. Abortion is wrong and anyone involved in it is a liar and they made this entire episode up.

There is ALWAYS time for a thought out answer. The boards are not going anywhere ;)
Update on the facts:
Walgreens called PP and spoke with their regional media director. Why? Because Walgreens is worried about the negative media this is giving them. Walgreens is a well run organization.
Walgreens took prompt action and informed PP media director Kristen Plosser that they informed the pharmacist that what they did was wrong, that it will never happen again and that the pharmacist in question was told specifically she should have handed it off to another colleague and was instructed to do so in the future.
But wait a minute. Walgreens did all this not even knowing if any of the allegations were true or not.
Of course all of these allegations are false. Abortion is wrong and anyone involved in it is a liar and they made this entire episode up.
While the true/false arguments are getting old and drawn out I will say that Walgreens actions do not lead any more credence to the accusation. Walgreens would have said the same thing whether or not the accusations are false. Dodging and claiming innocents looks much worse than a simple my bad and quick fix. That is how you assuage the public and get the bad press over with.

I gave my opinion on why, when it comes to this particular procedure (and not pharmacy as a whole) that I don't support being able to opt out of dispensing abortificants under the banner of conscious and differentiated it based on the act of actually performing an abortion. For a surgical procedure, the act can't be completed without physicians and the rest of the surgical crew. I think it is far to allow people to opt out of that, as it is by their hand that the abortion is carried out. When it comes to medical abortion, the act is carried out by the hand of the person taking the pill. The pharmacist is simply a step in between a physician's script and a patient getting the pill. The pharmacist isn't prescribing the pill, they are just a gate-keeper in the process of a perfectly legal medical procedure. I certainly respect that it might be morally troubling to pharmacists, however, I think society should make reasonable accommodations for moral objections when it comes to patient care. I would find it equally absurd if a physician refused to care for a terminal patient, because they refused to be involved in any aspect of end of life care in which pain control often hastens death. I personally (and this is just my opinion) don't see it as reasonable. In regards to the pharmacist, you are specifically allowing someone to act as a gatekeeper and hinder the doctor patient relationship. This is an egregious example, however, there have been even more egregious examples: pharmacists refusing to dispense oral contraceptives.

USATODAY.com - Druggists refuse to give out pill

There are actually numerous examples of this. It's easy enough to say: "go to a different pharmacy", but what if this is a small town and the only pharmacy? What right does a pharmacist, who is licensed by the state to promote general health, have to refuse care to someone because of their own personal moral beliefs? No one is forcing the pharmacist to take the pills. Instead, it seems to me that this is abusing a license to force a person's morals onto another person. In a similar vein, it would be an abuse of a physician's license to use their access to the system to try and prevent a woman from getting an abortion.

Comparing this to a "get away driver" isn't reasonable, as we are comparing legal and illegal activities.

What my post never said, or implied, was that pharmacists were irrelevant or unimportant to patient care. In hospitals, pharmacists are mixing the drugs and keeping the physicians from overdosing patients. In outpatient settings, it's often pharmacists that blow the whistle on dishonest physicians who are abusing their script pad to give everyone and their brother narcotic pain pills or benzos purely for profit. I would also expect a pharmacist to refuse to dispense an illegal drug or a "deadly drug" in a state where there isn't a "death with dignity act".

I don't want to give the perception of arrogance. I am a medical student. I have no room to be arrogant. I was just stating my opinion.

Another thing I said, that I believe got misconstrued (probably because I didn't word it clearly) was that I see the conscious clause as an attempt to stymie pro-choice. In that regard, I wasn't talking about the individual pharmacists that might be acting on what they deem to be a moral position. I was talking about the legislators that make these laws.

I don't care what the particular reason is that a pharmacist does not want to sell a particular drug and I can't see where the problem is if the employer has equal power to hire someone else. It is funny that anyone here would support profitability as a good reason to not sell or stock a drug but bring in morality and suddenly we get a resounding we can't have that...

I actually agree with this. I would have less of a problem with the conscious clause if a store like Walgreen's had the option to not hire people who decided to exercise it. However, that is not how the law is written. The larger problem I see for health care is that physicians are not going to have to try and keep track of individual pharmacist's moral stances before they send a script somewhere.

If a national corporation like Walgreen's (which is all about profitability) decides that they don't want to lose business over someone's conscious, they should be able to screen against that. On the other hand, if a bunch of pharmacists want to set up their own shop and only give out drugs they deem to be morally appropriate, they should have that right too.

Agreed. But this is about abortion, so we just can't think logically about the matter.

There is ALWAYS time for a thought out answer. The boards are not going anywhere ;)
Update on the facts:
While the true/false arguments are getting old and drawn out I will say that Walgreens actions do not lead any more credence to the accusation. Walgreens would have said the same thing whether or not the accusations are false. Dodging and claiming innocents looks much worse than a simple my bad and quick fix. That is how you assuage the public and get the bad press over with.

It is called CYA. For those that don't understand the acronym it means Cover Your Ass.

It is much better to state that you will take care of an issue, whether you are right or wrong, than to have to spend the time and money to defend yourself in court. Even if Walgreen's were to let this go to court and they won the case in the long run, it would cost them a hell of a lot of money. If this issue can be solved with an apology and an "it won't happen again" then it saves Walgreen's money as well as Good Will.

Immie

>>>>

4. Insincere claims.

"Affirmative defense?" That means that someone was charged with something (otherwise they wouldn't need a "defense").

Here is the link to the Manual of the Courts Martial -->> http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/law/mcm.pdf

I will gladly review your findings, but be aware the word "conscientious objector", "objector" or "conscientious" (as it pertains to this subject) do not appear anywhere in the Manual of the Courts Martial and so are not listed as a "positive defense" in respect to any charge under the UCMJ.

>>>>

And, it you are charged with failure to obey an order, or missing movement, or many of the other things conscientious objectors can be charged with, you can use it as an affirmative defense.

Idiots are always able to post links, intelligent people can think for themselves.

Way to class it up, QW. For the record, you have distorted my position, falsely attributed statements to me, and claimed I believe things I do not believe. I am not the problem here. By all means, keep telling me what I believe. If you've gotten disdain from me recently, it's because you earned it. I've lost count of the things you've claimed that I've said that I never said. Everyone else on this thread has been capable of talking about this issue without ad hominem.

This is why I try to avoid "abortion" topics. People like you don't do nuance on the issue.

For the record, I have done no such thing. I have pointed out your words, and asked for an explanation. I have also given a few possible explanations of what you said. You have continually failed to explain your position, and continuously accused me of distorting it. You have no position other than that pharmacists are not allowed a conscious exemtption because that is nothing more than a political ploy to deny people abortions. Your words, not mine.

Maybe the reason you should avoid abortion threads is because your pro abortion stance is ultimately indefensible because you have never bothered to think.

Forum List

Back