Phony Scandals?????????

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
22924246_BG1.jpg

Obama's IRS and NSA have been caught red-handed and he has the unmitigated gall to call them phony. He's claiming now they're fake scandals.

Obama must think we're God Damned idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joel B. Pollak, in an article on Brietbart.com, explained the tone of Obama’s speech on July 24, 2013;

President Barack Obama's speech at Knox College in Galesburg, Illinois was billed as an address on the economy, the first of a series of economic orations. Yet instead of presenting a policy agenda, Obama launched a partisan attack reminiscent of his most blistering addresses of the 2012 presidential campaign, dismissing concerns about "phony scandals" and attacking Republicans for promoting "gridlock" in Washington (full article here).

Joe Scarborough, host of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” is not often seen as a champion of conservative values but today he strayed from the network’s “Obama coddling narrative” and went directly after the mouthpiece of the White House. According to the DailyCaller.com on July 24, 2013;

Host Joe Scarborough, however, also wanted to discuss the Internal Revenue Service’s targeting of conservative groups, which a visibly irritated Carney dismissed as a “phony scandal.”

“At the beginning, you said it was just the Cincinnati office,” Scarborough said. “And then we find out more people in Washington are involved. And then this past week we found out, despite what any of us think of the investigations on Capitol Hill — and I see you smiling, I don’t know that there’s anything to smile about, that it wasn’t a couple of crazy people in Cincinnati, that this information actually went up to the Chief Counsel of the IRS, which was one of two political appointees by the president of the United States and the entire IRS. So it doesn’t sound phony to me, Jay” .

Carney, true to form and true to the president’s narrative, immediately reacted to Scarborough’s statement by...you guessed it...blaming Republicans. Of course the IRS scandal makes Carney smile, conservatives nationwide were viciously targeted by the Federal government, and this spin-machine is up and running full speed. The DailyCaller.com article continued;

That led to a brief yet tense exchange between Scarborough and Carney:

CARNEY: I greatly appreciate that that is the line pushed by Republicans who want Washington to be focused on scandals instead of the economy —

SCARBOROUGH: No, no, no, no, no, no, Jay — is that the truth or not? Don’t give me talking points! That doesn’t work on this show. So answer my question, and then let’s talk about the economy.

CARNEY: When you get to the question I’ll answer it—

[CROSSTALK]

SCARBOROUGH: I gave you the question, and you decided to fight me, Jay. Stop your games with me. We’ve known each other for too long. I’m not playing your games. I’m not somebody you talk down to from your podium.

Carney’s sarcastic tone is matched by Sen. Ted Cruz on Fox News Live at 4:23 (MST) when speaking about Obama and the apparently “phony” IRS scandal;

“Well, you know...I think it's interesting that he calls them phony scandals when at the time they broke he professed to be concerned about them. When he discovered that the IRS was wrongfully targeting his [...HIS] political opponents, and we now know that with the at least the tacit, if not explicit, approval of one of his top political appointees, he claimed that he was shocked and would get to the bottom of it. And following the pattern of this administration he gave one speech about it and quickly says, ‘Let’s brush it under the carpet...nothing to see here.’ It’s the same pattern he followed with Benghazi, it’s a pattern over and over again...of wanting to avoid accountability; and I think it's unfortunate to see the executive [branch] abusing power and disregarding the law.”
Phony scandals: The new Obama narrative - Denver Conservative | Examiner.com

Obama's been talking about everything but the economy and now he wants to talk about it. 5 years into is administration. He wants to refocus on the economy. How many times has he said he wanted to work on the economy? He's all mouth and no action.

Links

Obama Attacks 'Phony Scandals,' 'One Percent,' Forces 'Conspired' Against Middle Class

Interesting, no?

TaxProf Blog: Attorney in Federal Agency General Counsel's Office: There Is 'No Innocent Explanation' for IRS Chief Counsel's Meeting With Obama

Attorney in Federal Agency General Counsel's Office: There Is 'No Innocent Explanation' for IRS Chief Counsel's Meeting With Obama

IRS Office of Chief Counsel LogoI am reprinting (with permission) an email I received today from an attorney in the general counsel's office of a federal agency (not the IRS) concerning reports of IRS Chief Counsel William Wilkins' meeting with President Obama in the White House two days before providing guidance to IRS personnel on handling tax-exempt applications from Tea Party and other conservative groups:

As someone who works as an attorney at an agency general counsel's office, I think people are missing the significance of Obama meeting with the IRS chief counsel in the White House. Understand, agency general counsels are not authorized to give legal advice to the President. They advise their agency heads. Only the AG and by delegation the Office of Legal Counsel to the President is authorized to give legal advice to the President. In my seven years of working at a General Counsel's office, I have never once heard of our general counsel meeting with the President. OLC would go crazy if he did. I have worked on a couple of legal opinions that did go to the White House. And each time they were staffed through OLC. Nothing went to the President that wasn't signed off on by OLC and delivered to him by OLC.

So I can't for the life of me come up with any kind of innocent explanation for why Obama would have met with the Chief Counsel of the IRS. That meeting shouldn't ever happen, and especially not without the Commissioner of the IRS being there. Presidents just don't go to agency chief counsels with legal questions. Presidents don't go to anyone with legal questions. Their staff does. The idea that the President would sit down with some random agency chief counsel and discuss some pressing legal issue is just bizarre to anyone who has worked in the legal field at that level. I am not sure the reporters covering this story understand how legal advice is actually delivered to the President and just how out of the ordinary that meeting was.​

Update: John Steele (Legal Ethics Forum), "There Is 'No Innocent Explanation' for IRS Chief Counsel's Meeting With Obama"

July 23, 2013 in IRS News, Tax

What was Watergate about? Anybody remember? It involved a break-in of a democrat party campaign headquarters. Anybody well versed in political intrigues would be aware of the dirty tricks that went on from the days of FDR through JFK and LBJ but Nixon was a republican. Nobody died but the media brought him down. How many Mexican citizens died because of the incredible blunder of Fast/Furious? Obams's personal coverup of the A.G.'s role is more than a Watergate case. Americans died in Benghazi and the administration has been in a coverup mode ever since. The INS spying and the IRS abuses would have had Nixon out on his ear but the media isn't interested in attack journalism anymore.

And NOT because everyone else is commie. Just watching the Economist guy saying the USA is THE ray of hope economically in the world now, especially if Obama contiues to fix the inequalities of Reaganism...

Forum List

Back