Pit bulls are safe around children!

I think the breed originated as war dogs, bred to attack and kill humans. Certainly the Germans developed a couple of those breeds as did many other cultures. My friend had a doberman who are unpredictable in the same way. The family praised the creature, a female who basically was easy going if weird. Then one day for no apparent reason the dog up and viciously attacked my friend. They had to give it away or put it down. If forget. It was a long time ago.

Utterly false.

The breed originated as pets. The Staffordshire Bull Terrier is the dog from "Our Gang," associated with children from the start.

BullTerrierZola.jpg

American Pit Bulls were bred from the Staffies and commonly used as fighting dogs. The "Pit" in the name refers to the ring used for dog fights. The breed is only about a hundred years old, to say they were bred for war is absurd. They were bred to kill rats in England (Staffies) and were house pets because of their ability to keep the rodents out. This is what associated them with Children.

Pits are no more aggressive than any other dog. Sadly, thug culture has often made them accessories to show how tough someone is.

It is indeed how they are raised, and how badly they are inbred.
No the Staffie is not the same as the English bull terrier you have pictured in your post. Also the original Petey was an APBT not a Staffie. The later one was an AmStaff which is different from a Staffie as well. Here is a Staffie (from England)

Staffordshire+Bull+Terriers.jpg

Last edited:
The breed was developed to the point that a total stranger could handle the fighting dog without fear of being bitten.
Is honesty simply out of the question for you? Why do you constantly make up bullshit? Don't you even realize how fucking stupid you look when you make statements like that?

The breed was developed to the point that a total stranger could handle the fighting dog without fear of being bitten.
Is honesty simply out of the question for you? Why do you constantly make up bullshit? Don't you realize how fucking stupid you look when you make statements like that?
Do you realize how stupid you look not knowing anything about the breed or its history? As usual you are a idiot.

Is honesty simply out of the question for you? Why do you constantly make up bullshit? Don't you even realize how fucking stupid you look when you make statements like that?

When he states something that is true and you make the statement you did, it makes you not only look stupid, but like an asshole as well.

2 birds with one stone.

When he states something that is true and you make the statement you did, it makes you not only look stupid, but like an asshole as well.

2 birds with one stone.
The only stupid asshole here is you. Just ask around.

Is honesty simply out of the question for you? Why do you constantly make up bullshit? Don't you realize how fucking stupid you look when you make statements like that?
Do you realize how stupid you look not knowing anything about the breed or its history? As usual you are a idiot.
No one is buying your retarded fake history You cant just make shit up and not expect to be called out on it.

No one is buying your retarded fake history You cant just make shit up and not expect to be called out on it.
I am amused you are this dumb. I bet you couldnt point out a pitbull if your life depended on it. :laugh:

How many times are we going to see these stories of people being mauled by pit bulls? You always hear the same thing from pit bull enthusiasts, "it depends on how they are raised. My pit bull is as gentle as can be!". Its funny how the owners of the pit bulls that attack people always say "I cant believe it, my pit bulls played with my children." Well guess what, this kid was around these pit bulls before without incident, then suddenly one day these "peaceful" dogs killed a child and mauled his pregnant mother.

These dogs are ticking time bombs, therefore they aren't fit for domestication. They should be outlawed!

Police identify boy, 4, killed in dog attack

I am amused you are this dumb. I bet you couldnt point out a pitbull if your life depended on it. :laugh:
I bet you cant provide real proof of your claim if your life depended on it.

Hi Godboy
I agree the average person or even professional breeders
cannot always tell the difference between a dangerous pitbull from another.

Here's a nonprofit group where a professional screener and trainer
CAN tell the difference, and will only select obedient pitbulls to train
as service dogs and companions for Veterans:
Operation Pits Healing Heroes

I would require THIS level of screening for pitbulls to be allowed.

People who want them should support this level of support and responsibility.
Not impose on others who didn't ask to be responsible for all that.

I've lived with pitbulls and, if they're raised with love, they are the most loving animals out there.

They're not evil, but misunderstood. It is the owner who abuses the dogs that is to blame here.

Great! But the same way we require safety standards for guns,
we should have requirements for pit bull owners and breeders also.

See my other post to Godboy where I found a screening and training
program I would trust to tell the difference, and recognize dogs that are risks
and those that are so safe they would train them to help Vets with PTSD.

if that program can be replicated and required, that would eliminate 99% of the problem.
There is always a chance something goes wrong, sure, with any dog or pet or risk,
but it should not be any worse than other types of risks.

At this point, we would have already yelled and screamed at a car company
if their vehicles had this record of something killing someone
"if a certain part wasn't maintained right by a responsible owner."

Last edited:
It's always fun proving you to be the idiot everyone already knows you are.
laugh.gif

The Fighting Dogs That Were Actually Bred To Be Friendly - KnowledgeNuts

" Before the fight, the contestants actually exchange dogs and bathe them to make sure that no one has cheated and rubbed any kind of irritant into the fur. Allowing such intimate handling by a stranger indicates a dog of steady nerves."

"During the fight itself, there are at least three people in the pit at any given time—the owners and a referee, sometimes others. Contrary to popular belief, the dogs do not just go at it until one surrenders or dies. They are frequently pulled apart by their owners and returned to “scratch” lines at opposite sides of the pit. Again, this requires very intimate contact with the dogs, often while they are in extreme pain. Anyone who has ever handled an injured dog, even a trusted family pet, can attest that they often lash out on blind instinct. The pit bull has been bred over generations to override that instinct, allowing handling even with torn ears and broken bones, even as it slips into hypovolemic shock."

Pit Bull Rescue Central

As Malcolm Gladwell (author of The Tipping Point, Blink and Outliers) explains in an article published in The New Yorker in 2006: “Pit bulls were not bred to fight humans. On the contrary: a dog that went after spectators, or its handler, or the trainer, or any of the other people involved in making a dogfighting dog a good dogfighter was usually put down. (The rule in the pit-bull world was ‘Man-eaters die.’)”

10 Common Misconceptions About Pit Bulls

"Since Pits were bred to fight dogs in a ring, the owners had to make certain they would not turn on them when they went in to stop the fight. Imagine a dog, so riled up from fighting and very aggressive, who was able to then turn it off when his human appeared in the pit. "

Last edited:
laugh.gif

Pit Bull Rescue Central

As Malcolm Gladwell (author of The Tipping Point, Blink and Outliers) explains in an article published in The New Yorker in 2006: “Pit bulls were not bred to fight humans. On the contrary: a dog that went after spectators, or its handler, or the trainer, or any of the other people involved in making a dogfighting dog a good dogfighter was usually put down. (The rule in the pit-bull world was ‘Man-eaters die.’)”

"Since Pits were bred to fight dogs in a ring, the owners had to make certain they would not turn on them when they went in to stop the fight. Imagine a dog, so riled up from fighting and very aggressive, who was able to then turn it off when his human appeared in the pit. "

Sorry Aclepias but there is not enough guarantee of the competence of owners and breeders
to make sure they pick, breed and train their pitbulls to be this type.

I would trust the pro's who handle the Veteran group pit rescues
and are training the best dogs to be obedient.

They sound like they know what they are doing, and are committed to the Vets' care FIRST
and NOT trying to promote an agenda with pitbulls. They are rescuing pitbulls also, but not at the expense of
the integrity of their program.

There cannot be a conflict of interest, on either side, or the propaganda can fly back and forth.

It depends on the dog, if it can be trained or not, or if it has a problem or poses a risk.

The Veteran program recognizes this, and screens the pitbulls carefully they select for training for Veterans.
They don't expect the Veterans to be able to train the dogs, they use professional trainers and screeners for that.

laugh.gif

Pit Bull Rescue Central

Sorry Aclepias but there is not enough guarantee of the competence of owners and breeders
to make sure they pick, breed and train their pitbulls to be this type.

I would trust the pro's who handle the Veteran group pit rescues
and are training the best dogs to be obedient.

They sound like they know what they are doing, and are committed to the Vets' care FIRST
and NOT trying to promote an agenda with pitbulls. They are rescuing pitbulls also, but not at the expense of
the integrity of their program.

There cannot be a conflict of interest, on either side, or the propaganda can fly back and forth.

It depends on the dog, if it can be trained or not, or if it has a problem or poses a risk.

The Veteran program recognizes this, and screens the pitbulls carefully they select for training for Veterans.
They don't expect the Veterans to be able to train the dogs, they use professional trainers and screeners for that.
I'm not getting your point? What does that have to do with the dogs being bred specifically not to attack strangers have to do with incompetent owners?

Not everyone should own a pit unless they know their history as a breed and know how to handle dogs period regardless of breed. A Chihuahua with incompetent owners is one thing. A pit bull with incompetent owner is a entirely different story as they are capable of killing an adult and keeping up a sustained attack long enough to do major damage. Just like German Shepherds, Rotties, and Dobermans people over breed them due to popularity and dont cull the ones with bad temperaments. A psychotic dog is dangerous no matter what the breed.

From 2005 to 2013 Pitbulls and Rotweillers accounted for 74% of all dog biting deaths in America according to the CDC.
So anyone saying that Pits and other large bull terrier breeds are not more dangerous than other breeds are fooling themselves. The facts do not lie. And the above is the facts.
The biggest problem with Pits are still the owners however.
They are not for the inexperienced or beginner dog owners. And should not be allowed to be given to anyone other than people who can prove past experience.
I fully support that all Pit/Rott owners to have to carry liability insurance and there should be increased criminal penalties for all owners if they injure anyone.

Pit Bulls Pass ATTS Temperament Test With 86.4

"According to the American Temperament Test Society (2010-2011), 804 American Pit Bull Terriers were tested and 695 passed. This means that 86.4% of Pit Bulls tested by the ATTS had a good temperament. Pit Bulls pass rating was above 121 other breeds of dogs, including Golden Retrievers!"

Description of the Temperament Test American Temperament Test Society Inc.

Subtest 1: Neutral stranger
A stranger to the dog approaches the handler, shakes hands with the handler and engages the handler in a brief conversation, ignoring the dog.
The purpose of this subtest is to evaluate the dog’s reaction to passive socialization and the dog’s protective instinct.

Subtest 2: Friendly stranger
A stranger to the dog approaches happily and briskly, is very friendly to the dog and pets the dog.
The purpose of this subtest is to evaluate the dog’s active social skills.

Last edited:
From 2005 to 2013 Pitbulls and Rotweillers accounted for 74% of all dog biting deaths in America according to the CDC.
So anyone saying that Pits and other large bull terrier breeds are not more dangerous than other breeds are fooling themselves. The facts do not lie. And the above is the facts.
The biggest problem with Pits are still the owners however.
They are not for the inexperienced or beginner dog owners. And should not be allowed to be given to anyone other than people who can prove past experience.
I fully support that all Pit/Rott owners to have to carry liability insurance and there should be increased criminal penalties for all owners if they injure anyone.
I agree with most of your post but the problem is that most people have no clue what a pitbull is. Most experts have a hard time figuring it out.

"According to the American Temperament Test Society (2010-2011), 804 American Pit Bull Terriers were tested and 695 passed. This means that 86.4% of Pit Bulls tested by the ATTS had a good temperament. Pit Bulls pass rating was above 121 other breeds of dogs, including Golden Retrievers!"

See my post above....sorry Charlie.
You dont have to be sorry you just have to prove any of the dogs cited as pitbulls were actually pit bulls.

See my post above....sorry Charlie.

Your post above speaks only to the number of fatal attacks. The pit is bred to have a very high pain tolerance and to have incredible jaw strength. This does not mean they attack more often. Only that their attacks, even though they are infrequent, tend to be far more serious.

Pits are no where near the top of the most aggressive breeds or most likely to bite.

Forum List

Back