Pit bulls are safe around children!

My only question to you would be when is it not OK to kill the neighbors family pet?
When it's in its own yard, or under the neighbor's control.

So, if your dog got out of your property then it's open season?

We've gone from OK to killing dogs when in the company of other dogs. to killing dogs if they are running to kill the dogs when not on their owners property. Wow, that is extremely extreme.

What do you think running dogs, in the middle of nowhere, miles from home, are doing?

CHASING. Running dogs are CHASING.

This is exhausting. I know third graders who are more effective readers.

Running dogs are chasing? So, now at this point the dog doesn't even have to be part of a pack. if your dog gets loose and takes a jog then it's OK to shoot it? You're a psycho.

Where is Weasilzips or whatever to defend this behavior?
That's what the law says. That's the way it's interpreted, and that's the WA it's applied. AND if you see dogs running and don't take action, you can inherit a big fat portion of the liability for any animals they kill.

Where? You have yet to show me that running dogs are legal to shoot, psycho.
I did. I can't help it if you can't comprehend the letter of the law.

My only question to you would be when is it not OK to kill the neighbors family pet?

We've gone from OK to killing dogs when in the company of other dogs. to killing dogs if they are running to kill the dogs when not on their owners property. Wow, that is extremely extreme.
It's the law. Take it up with fish and game, the Oregon legislature, and livestock owners.

What do you think running dogs, in the middle of nowhere, miles from home, are doing?

Running. Are you saying that you as a Pit Bull owner assume that all running dogs are up to something more than simply running? Dogs run and you want to shoot them for it, psyhco. Who the fuck in holy hell is going to come to your aid? Where is Whineyweasil now?

It's the law. Take it up with fish and game, the Oregon legislature, and livestock owners.

it's not, you have yet to quote anything that even remotely interprets what you are saying. Seriously, please, for the sake of the dogs in your neighborhood, call the authorities and turn yourself in, psycho.

If your dog was off your property, you OK if someone shoots it?

Let's also not forget that you falsely claimed I'm for putting down all Pit Bulls, psycho. I never went there, you're the one for killing random dogs.

Eh, looks like you left, I don't blame you, you blew it big time.

Last edited:

it's not, you have yet to quote anything that even remotely interprets what you are saying. Seriously, please, for the sake of the dogs in your neighborhood, call the authorities and turn yourself in, psycho.

YES. If it's chasing anything (except, oddly, cickens lolol). If it's just sitting on the side of the road, no. But if it's running, it's presumed to be chasing, and it can be shot.

How many times are we going to see these stories of people being mauled by pit bulls? You always hear the same thing from pit bull enthusiasts, "it depends on how they are raised. My pit bull is as gentle as can be!". Its funny how the owners of the pit bulls that attack people always say "I cant believe it, my pit bulls played with my children." Well guess what, this kid was around these pit bulls before without incident, then suddenly one day these "peaceful" dogs killed a child and mauled his pregnant mother.

These dogs are ticking time bombs, therefore they aren't fit for domestication. They should be outlawed!

Police identify boy, 4, killed in dog attack
and yet abortion is ok.
hypocrisy? I think so.

YES. If it's chasing anything (except, oddly, cickens lolol). If it's just sitting on the side of the road, no. But if it's running, it's presumed to be chasing, and it can be shot.

Fine, for fuck sake, quote it already.

This is what I;m seeing and there is no evidence that a dog "running" is a valid target.

(1) Except as provided in subsection (3) of this section, any dog, whether licensed or not, which, while off the premises owned or under control of its owner, kills, wounds, or injures any livestock not belonging to the master of such dog, is a public nuisance and may be killed immediately by any person. However, nothing in this section applies to any dog acting under the direction of its master, or the agents or employees of such master.

(2) If any dog, not under the control of its owner or keeper, is found chasing or feeding upon the warm carcass of livestock not the property of such owner or keeper it shall be deemed, prima facie, as engaged in killing, wounding or injuring livestock.

(3) No person shall kill any dog for killing, wounding, injuring or chasing chickens upon a public place, highway or within the corporate limits of any city.

Amended by Laws 1975, c. 749, § 6

if the dog is chasing livestock or feeding off of it (I don't agree with this, but I respect the law), but just running is not cause to shoot it, psycho. Why am I doing your homework for you?

Please tell me you don't walk out of your house with a loaded firearm.

Let's also not forget that you falsely claimed I'm for putting down all Pit Bulls, psycho. I never went there, you're the one for killing random dogs.

Eh, looks like you left, I don't blame you, you blew it big time.
No I didn't. You're just so incredibly stupid it's depressing to deal with you. I proved all my statements. You don't acknowledge it because you can't, or won't, read.

How many times are we going to see these stories of people being mauled by pit bulls? You always hear the same thing from pit bull enthusiasts, "it depends on how they are raised. My pit bull is as gentle as can be!". Its funny how the owners of the pit bulls that attack people always say "I cant believe it, my pit bulls played with my children." Well guess what, this kid was around these pit bulls before without incident, then suddenly one day these "peaceful" dogs killed a child and mauled his pregnant mother.

These dogs are ticking time bombs, therefore they aren't fit for domestication. They should be outlawed!

Police identify boy, 4, killed in dog attack
and yet abortion is ok.
hypocrisy? I think so.

Fine, for fuck sake, quote it already.
I did.

Running dogs are chasing? So, now at this point the dog doesn't even have to be part of a pack. if your dog gets loose and takes a jog then it's OK to shoot it? You're a psycho.

That's what the law says. That's the way it's interpreted, and that's the WA it's applied. AND if you see dogs running and don't take action, you can inherit a big fat portion of the liability for any animals they kill.

I did. Anyone can shoot dogs that are running.

Does your neighbor have the right to shoot your dog if it's running down the road? Did a donkey kick you in the head?

You keep changing the perimeters as to when it's OK to shoot a dog and they become looser and looser.

Last edited:

Does your neighbor have the right to shoot your dog if it's running down the road? Did a donkey kick you in the head?

You keep changing the perimeters as to when it's OK to shoot a dog and they become looser and looser.
Your understanding is compromised, and I can't help that.

"Some states, however, allow farmers to shoot any dog that is, in the words of the Indiana statute, "roaming over the country unattended." Under this statute, an appeals court upheld the right of a farmer to shoot dogs he said were trying to get into his chicken pen in the middle of the night. (Puckett v. Miller, 381 N.E.2d 1087 (Ind. App. 1978).) The dogs, two coonhounds, had been hunting with their owner but got separated from him in a heavy rainstorm about 2 a.m. (For the uninitiated, raccoon hunting is done at night.) Under the relatively severe Indiana law, it made no difference that the dogs were bothering the chickens; their hours were numbered as soon as they got away from their master." I'll post the link separately.

"Some states, however, allow farmers to shoot any dog that is, in the words of the Indiana statute, "roaming over the country unattended." Under this statute, an appeals court upheld the right of a farmer to shoot dogs he said were trying to get into his chicken pen in the middle of the night. (Puckett v. Miller, 381 N.E.2d 1087 (Ind. App. 1978).) The dogs, two coonhounds, had been hunting with their owner but got separated from him in a heavy rainstorm about 2 a.m. (For the uninitiated, raccoon hunting is done at night.) Under the relatively severe Indiana law, it made no difference that the dogs were bothering the chickens; their hours were numbered as soon as they got away from their master." I'll post the link separately.
When Killing a Dog Is Legally Justified | Nolo.com

Indiana? What does that have to do with Orgeon? Other than it was probably the first state that popped up that you could attempt to squeeze into whatever psychotic point you were trying to make.

Even in your own quote, the Indiana law was called "severe", Jesus.

So, just to be clear. You stated a local Oregon statue, you are completely unable to back up your claim that it is legal to shoot random running dogs in the neighborhood. In order to defend yourself you post something about Indiana law and was a farmer is legal to do on their own property (though I really don't agree with it, it's the law) and all of this is part of your effort to debate me about forcing owner to simply sterilize their Pit Bull.

Oh and I forgot, according to you, your neighbors have the right to shoot your dog if it ever gets out, classy.

Nolo? Link isn't working. But I'd guess it's not going to state that it's ok to shoot random dogs, psycho.

Oh, it's working, here is the magic quote:

Most statutes do not allow a farmer to shoot dogs that are merely running loose (at large). A North Dakota rancher, who shot a neighbor's greyhound after it ran through his cattle herd without particularly disturbing the cattle, was not protected by the state statute, which allows killing a dog only if it is "worrying" livestock. The rancher had to pay $300 to the dog's owner. (Trautman v. Day, 273 N.W.2d 712 (N.D. 1979).

Some states, however, allow farmers to shoot any dog that is, in the words of the Indiana statute, "roaming over the country unattended." Under this statute, an appeals court upheld the right of a farmer to shoot dogs he said were trying to get into his chicken pen in the middle of the night. (Puckett v. Miller, 381 N.E.2d 1087 (Ind. App. 1978).) The dogs, two coonhounds, had been hunting with their owner but got separated from him in a heavy rainstorm about 2 a.m. (For the uninitiated, raccoon hunting is done at night.) Under the relatively severe Indiana law, it made no difference that the dogs were bothering the chickens; their hours were numbered as soon as they got away from their master.

If you lose a dog to a trigger-happy farmer, in most instances, there is absolutely no way to prove that it wasn't doing what the farmer or rancher who shot it says it was doing. The only other witness is likely to be the dog, and it isn't talking. So the lesson is simple: If you live in a rural area or close to one, NEVER let your dog run loose off your property. Farmers may shoot first and ask questions later, if at all.

Yeah, it doesn't support your claim that all the dog has to be doing is "running". The best it says is that you probably can't prove your case against the person who shot your dog because there are no witnesses. Again, you lost and this isn't even your home state, why are you going out of your way to prove it's OK to shoot a dog out for a trot? You're a psycho.

Last edited:

Nolo? Link isn't working. But I'd guess it's not going to state that it's ok to shoot random dogs, psycho.
She must have hooked up with the that psycho Lonelystar. He was bragging about how he shot stray dogs just for being on his ranch.

She must have hooked up with the that psycho Lonelystar. He was bragging about how he shot stray dogs just for being on his ranch.

Wow, you know people like this are out there and we think we are prepared when we run up against them. But, shit, I'm wanting Pit Bulls to be fixed, maybe their owners should be.

Wow, you know people like this are out there and we think we are prepared when we run up against them. But, shit, I'm wanting Pit Bulls to be fixed, maybe their owners should be.
Pit Bulls are a tough dog for people to own. They are dominant and worst of all capable of killing a grown man. I would say people should have to get a class on raising them before owning them. The dumb or criminally minded owners have given this outstanding breed a bad name. The retarded OP has never owned a pit bull and remains a victim of the media.

Forum List

Back