Pit bulls are safe around children!

Your understanding is compromised, and I can't help that.

"Some states, however, allow farmers to shoot any dog that is, in the words of the Indiana statute, "roaming over the country unattended." Under this statute, an appeals court upheld the right of a farmer to shoot dogs he said were trying to get into his chicken pen in the middle of the night. (Puckett v. Miller, 381 N.E.2d 1087 (Ind. App. 1978).) The dogs, two coonhounds, had been hunting with their owner but got separated from him in a heavy rainstorm about 2 a.m. (For the uninitiated, raccoon hunting is done at night.) Under the relatively severe Indiana law, it made no difference that the dogs were bothering the chickens; their hours were numbered as soon as they got away from their master." I'll post the link separately.
When Killing a Dog Is Legally Justified | Nolo.com

Nolo? Link isn't working. But I'd guess it's not going to state that it's ok to shoot random dogs, psycho.
She must have hooked up with the that psycho Lonelystar. He was bragging about how he shot stray dogs just for being on his ranch.

Wow, you know people like this are out there and we think we are prepared when we run up against them. But, shit, I'm wanting Pit Bulls to be fixed, maybe their owners should be.
Pit Bulls are a tough dog for people to own. They are dominant and worst of all capable of killing a grown man. I would say people should have to get a class on raising them before owning them. The dumb or criminally minded owners have given this outstanding breed a bad name. The retarded OP has never owned a pit bull and remains a victim of the media.

I think most Pit Bulls are probably harmless. Just like most legally owned firearms are not used illegally. Statistically they are involved in a lot of dog bites and fatalities compared to any other breed. Also, Pit Bull owners tend to not neuter their dogs at the rate of other dog owners. This should change. I'm not for taking peoples' dogs away, but they should be fixed and bred to extinction. To me that would be the humane thing to do.

Nolo? Link isn't working. But I'd guess it's not going to state that it's ok to shoot random dogs, psycho.
She must have hooked up with the that psycho Lonelystar. He was bragging about how he shot stray dogs just for being on his ranch.

Wow, you know people like this are out there and we think we are prepared when we run up against them. But, shit, I'm wanting Pit Bulls to be fixed, maybe their owners should be.
Pit Bulls are a tough dog for people to own. They are dominant and worst of all capable of killing a grown man. I would say people should have to get a class on raising them before owning them. The dumb or criminally minded owners have given this outstanding breed a bad name. The retarded OP has never owned a pit bull and remains a victim of the media.

I think most Pit Bulls are probably harmless. Just like most legally owned firearms are not used illegally. Statistically they are involved in a lot of dog bites and fatalities compared to any other breed. Also, Pit Bull owners tend to not neuter their dogs at the rate of other dog owners. This should change. I'm not for taking peoples' dogs away, but they should be fixed and bred to extinction. To me that would be the humane thing to do.
Most pits are pretty tame and stable dogs. Bred to extinction? I would be against that. I think they are the best dogs in the world. They are not for everyone specifically for the reason I mentioned.

Most pits are pretty tame and stable dogs. Bred to extinction? I would be against that. I think they are the best dogs in the world. They are not for everyone specifically for the reason I mentioned.

What do you do about those dogs that aren't for everyone who get it in the hands of people who are ready for them? It seems to be happening more frequently. Actually, since the Michael Vick case Pit Bull attacks are only on the rise.

What a load of horseshit, lol.

What do you do about those dogs that aren't for everyone who get it in the hands of people who are ready for them? It seems to be happening more frequently. Actually, since the Michael Vick case Pit Bull attacks are only on the rise.
We should make it illegal for inner city dwellers to have dogs.

I am assuming you meant "not ready for them"? I would be for requiring some sort of certificate saying you were trained how to specifically raise a pit. I know some people that do great work with adult dogs but my instincts have always told me the best dog is one that you have known and raised since it was a young pup. What is happening to pits is the same thing that happened with Dobies and German sheperds. Now Pits and Rotts are getting the vicious rap. As more people get these dogs of course the rates of bites will go up. Not too long ago more people had poodles. Guess what? They lead in the number of bites as well.

I am assuming you meant "not ready for them"? I would be for requiring some sort of certificate saying you were trained how to specifically raise a pit. I know some people that do great work with adult dogs but my instincts have always told me the best dog is one that you have known and raised since it was a young pup. What is happening to pits is the same thing that happened with Dobies and German sheperds. Now Pits and Rotts are getting the vicious rap. As more people get these dogs of course the rates of bites will go up. Not too long ago more people had poodles. Guess what? They lead in the number of bites as well.

Yep, thank your for clarifying, I did mean "not ready for them".

The problem with special training is what happens when the dog gets out? it happens, who hasn't wandered a neighborhood searching for their dog a time or two? The other is Pit Bulls are notorious for not being neutered and they end up in the pound, a lot. They also are not the most adoptable dogs in the world and many of them are needlessly put to sleep. How about for all dogs it's required (like it is now) that they be neutered. if they are not then the penalties should increase. Involve vets, boarding facilities and whomever cares for dogs on a professional level. I would just say the penalty for intact Pit Bulls be a little stiffer. Before I said 6 months in jail, maybe that's for repeat offenders but why not the pocket book?

In many ways this is reminiscent of gun control. The difference being is that the owner of a gun usually has more control over it but liberals for whatever reason have a soft spot for a dog breed in spite of the evidence that they are more dangerous than other dog breeds.

• Pit bulls attack indiscriminately
  • Nonsense. They attack because they were raised to be bad asses. They are loving by nature. It's a human problem, not a dog problem. Just like with guns.
Of course...my pit bull had every reason to attack and try to kill me in my own living room because I picked up his chain that my wife left on the floor after dusting in the dining room. Especially because his chain was a symbol of taking him for a walk, which he loved...
One of my dogs is an AmStaff, which is considered a Pit Bull. I could beat her to death and she'd never growl at me. If you had an out of control dog it was your fault, not the dogs.
exactly

The problem with special training is what happens when the dog gets out? it happens, who hasn't wandered a neighborhood searching for their dog a time or two? The other is Pit Bulls are notorious for not being neutered and they end up in the pound, a lot. They also are not the most adoptable dogs in the world and many of them are needlessly put to sleep. How about for all dogs it's required (like it is now) that they be neutered. if they are not then the penalties should increase. Involve vets, boarding facilities and whomever cares for dogs on a professional level. I would just say the penalty for intact Pit Bulls be a little stiffer. Before I said 6 months in jail, maybe that's for repeat offenders but why not the pocket book?

In many ways this is reminiscent of gun control. The difference being is that the owner of a gun usually has more control over it but liberals for whatever reason have a soft spot for a dog breed in spite of the evidence that they are more dangerous than other dog breeds.
I'm not a liberal you idiot.

Anybody who is knowledgeable about dogs and livestock knows that dogs who are just running with other dogs are the most dangerous dogs on the planet.

Dumbasses who think a particular breed should be banned, but packs of dogs running are just playing really have no business chiming in on this topic. They are the problem.

I'm not a liberal you idiot.

I know you're not, moron.

Anybody who is knowledgeable about dogs and livestock knows that dogs who are just running with other dogs are the most dangerous dogs on the planet.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from dog parks.

Dumbasses who think a particular breed should be banned, but packs of dogs running are just playing really have no business chiming in on this topic. They are the problem.

Find some statistics where dog packs are more dangerous than Pit Bulls, you can't. Anyway, posting two videos does not a point make. it is illegal for you to shoot dogs whether they are in packs or not for simply being dogs, psycho. If it were legal you would have quoted it, you tried, you failed.

Actually you doubled down when you stated it was OK to kill a single dog for merely "running". At what point are you put into a straight jacket with all of your responsibilities taken away from you?

And what of your final solution for stray dogs? You want to preemptively shoot them before they harm anyone. However with Pit Bulls who are statistically proven to be violent you just want to leave them be? By your logic you should be gunning them down in roving posses.

When are you going to retract your statement about me wanting to kill Pit Bulls?

Last edited:
To me if you are going to have a pet, you should make sure that the pet is safe, but also not able to attack anyone because if it does, be prepared to lose something in response.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Find some statistics where dog packs are more dangerous than Pit Bulls, you can't. Anyway, posting two videos does not a point make. it is illegal for you to shoot dogs whether they are in packs or not for simply being dogs, psycho. If it were legal you would have quoted it, you tried, you failed.

Actually you doubled down when you stated it was OK to kill a single dog for merely "running". At what point are you put into a straight jacket with all of your responsibilities taken away from you?

And what of your final solution for stray dogs? You want to preemptively shoot them before they harm anyone. However with Pit Bulls who are statistically proven to be violent you just want to leave them be? By your logic you should be gunning them down in roving posses.

When are you going to retract your statement about me wanting to kill Pit Bulls?
You are remarkably stupid. Dog parks are enclosed areas and owners are present. Not the same thing as seeing five or six dogs racing across a field, no handlers in sight. Please don't own dogs.

You are remarkably stupid. Dog parks are enclosed areas and owners are present. Not the same thing as seeing five or six dogs racing across a field, no handlers in sight. Please don't own dogs.

What are the statistics on dog pack attacks? Not that it matters, you claimed its legal to shoot a single dog as long as it's committing the crime of "running" but yet you won't do the most common sense thing and just fix your own dog, instead you're "packing" and one of those reasons is so you can shoot random dogs.

Two questions you still haven't answered.

1. When are you going to retract the lie where you said I'm for killing Pit Bulls?

2. if your dog were running around loose is it legal for your neighbors to shoot it? Should they?

Come on, psycho, answer the questions.

Forum List

Back