Mar 4, 2013
The time has come," the Walrus said,

"To talk of many things:

Of shoes--and ships--and sealing wax--

Of cabbages--and kings--

And why the sea is boiling hot--

And whether pigs have wings."

(Apologies to Lewis Carroll)

The Trump clan has now admitted that they did, in fact, collude with the Russians to influence the election. What's next?

The time has come to state how many days will pass before Mr. Trump no longer resides in the White House. Place your bets.

It's still not an easy guess because there is clearly a lot more information to be discovered, either by Gowdy's drips, or Mueller's investigations. And Trump is not going to leave easily.

So, my initial guess is 365 days, but I reserve the right to change it!! ;)

"To talk of many things:

Of cabbages--and kings--

The Trump clan has now admitted that they did, in fact, collude with the Russians to influence the election. What's next?

The time has come to state how many days will pass before Mr. Trump no longer resides in the White House. Place your bets.

It's still not an easy guess because there is clearly a lot more information to be discovered, either by Gowdy's drips, or Mueller's investigations. And Trump is not going to leave easily.

Democrats spread false Russian information on Trump, campaign aides

how is that different?

But I don't want Trump to go! Politics stays so spicy and interesting when he's around.

"To talk of many things:

Of cabbages--and kings--

Thanks for the Lewis Carroll, but what has been brought to light so far isn't going to move anyone out of anywhere.
My bet is he will NOT be impeached over Russian collusion.

"To talk of many things:

Of cabbages--and kings--

giphy.gif

I am hungry... can you offer something that isn't a nothing burger?

"To talk of many things:

Of cabbages--and kings--

Thanks for the Lewis Carroll, but what has been brought to light so far isn't going to move anyone out of anywhere.
i know you get tired of hearing this from me - but how is trump jr talking to a russian lawyer validating trump and KGB collusion?

then

why is that different?

again - not a trump defense but a search for sanity in what we choose to call people out over. it seems the dems do this daily and no one cares. hate trump, and target. if the act of collusion or getting help from a foreign gov is bad - then fine. it should be bad for all. unfortunately when i bring this up i get the dem-defense of "moral equiv" in that they don't feel it's the same cause of their morals or something.

don't care. same is same and that is the worst possible way i can think of to excuse your actions yet denounce someone else for the same.

Last edited:

"To talk of many things:

Of cabbages--and kings--

i know you get tired of hearing this from me - but how is trump jr talking to a russian lawyer validating trump and KGB collusion?

then

why is that different?

again - not a trump defense but a search for sanity in what we choose to call people out over. it seems the dems do this daily and no one cares. hate trump, and target.
Not sure why you insist on these moral equivalency arguments, Iceberg, unless it's really all you got. I guess maybe in this case, it is. Damning stuff, as to the Trump campaign's mindset and willingness to play ball with the Russians.
Like I said, it isn't going to win your argument to say Hillary did it too. That only flies with political arguments--weak ones, at that.

Btw, the best direct argument I've heard so far defending Trump Jr. is "So what if he was willing to accept information from the Russian government. What is wrong with that?"

Being an old timer, I wouldn't want to have anything to do with that kind of offer, having cut my teeth on those evil Russians and how you can't trust 'em as far as you can throw 'em. But for some people, perhaps that is a defense. Pretty amoral in my book. Of course, politicians mostly are, I think. But the trick is not getting caught. When you do, just brazenly say "So what?"

"To talk of many things:

Of cabbages--and kings--

then

why is that different?

again - not a trump defense but a search for sanity in what we choose to call people out over. it seems the dems do this daily and no one cares. hate trump, and target.
Not sure why you insist on these moral equivalency arguments, Iceberg, unless it's really all you got. I guess maybe in this case, it is. Damning stuff, as to the Trump campaign's mindset and willingness to play ball with the Russians.
Like I said, it isn't going to win your argument to say Hillary did it too. That only flies with political arguments--weak ones, at that.

Btw, the best direct argument I've heard so far defending Trump Jr. is "So what if he was willing to accept information from the Russian government. What is wrong with that?"

Being an old timer, I wouldn't want to have anything to do with that kind of offer, having cut my teeth on those evil Russians and how you can't trust 'em as far as you can throw 'em. But for some people, perhaps that is a defense. Pretty amoral in my book. Of course, politicians mostly are, I think. But the trick is not getting caught. When you do, just brazenly say "So what?"
then you missed my quote from yesterday when YOU brought it up as a defense. i never touched the phrase til you brought it into the picture.

i hate the phrase but if someone uses it against me damn straight i'll throw it right back.

again - if you want to get mad at trump jr or think it's wrong - fine. i'm not arguing that. i AM arguing why the dems getting help from the brits and the ukraine is ok but trump jr and a russian lawyer is not.

tell me that one and we're good.

"To talk of many things:

Of cabbages--and kings--

then

why is that different?

oh - and the whole "you won't help your argument with hillary did it too" is a perfect example of how i've seen "ME" used - "stop bringing up one side, focus on your problems!" is how it comes across.

if you can't tell me why it's ok for hillary and the dems to get help from the brits to doctor up a dosier against trump then i don't give a flying horse shit trump jr talked to a russian lawyer.

we either care about the same core values or we don't. putting names and spins on either side is pointless and you keep thinking i'm defending trump.

nope. again - i want the same values placed on all. that's it.

"To talk of many things:

Of cabbages--and kings--

then

why is that different?

oh - and the whole "you won't help your argument with hillary did it too" is a perfect example of how i've seen "ME" used - "stop bringing up one side, focus on your problems!" is how it comes across.

if you can't tell me why it's ok for hillary and the dems to get help from the brits to doctor up a dosier against trump then i don't give a flying horse shit trump jr talked to a russian lawyer.

we either care about the same core values or we don't. putting names and spins on either side is pointless and you keep thinking i'm defending trump.

Okay I can see that. It is still a distraction, but you've piqued my interest with this Hillary's campaign getting help from the Brits to doctor up the Golden Showers dossier. I did not know Hillary's campaign received or used that material. I thought the FBI had it and was keeping it under wraps. Who gave it to the FBI? How come Hillary's campaign didn't use it? Sounds pretty juicy---could have beat PizzaGate.
I need some facts on this to get me up to speed, please.

"To talk of many things:

Of cabbages--and kings--

then

why is that different?

Okay I can see that. It is still a distraction, but you've piqued my interest with this Hillary's campaign getting help from the Brits to doctor up the Golden Showers dossier. I did not know Hillary's campaign received or used that material. I thought the FBI had it and was keeping it under wraps. Who gave it to the FBI? How come Hillary's campaign didn't use it? Sounds pretty juicy---could have beat PizzaGate.
facts are the hardest thing to come by these days. :) i understand that and that's why i don't go too nuts on either side. "in my youth" i'd do that and get "emo" on something only to find out there was more to the story or i was just wrong in my assumptions.

given i trust none of the media - i never take initial outrage seriously nor think it's close to the actual truth or not.

truth tends to come out weeks after the inflammatory headlines.

"To talk of many things:

Of cabbages--and kings--

First off your primary point is an outright lie. Considering that and the fact you're a snowflake, I will take your fucked-up bet. A bet you're too big a pussy to even settle on, I mean wholly shit, you don't even believe in your own BS "So, my initial guess is 365 days, but I reserve the right to change it!!"

So because you're weak and I'm strong yet merciful, I give you two years. If Trump is still POUS then you're gone mother fucker, and no longer allowed to post here. If Trump is impeached or resigns then I'm gone. Fair enough?

then

why is that different?

facts are the hardest thing to come by these days. :) i understand that and that's why i don't go too nuts on either side. "in my youth" i'd do that and get "emo" on something only to find out there was more to the story or i was just wrong in my assumptions.

given i trust none of the media - i never take initial outrage seriously nor think it's close to the actual truth or not.

So you have the unmitigated gall to say this to me:

use it as an indignant, righteous argument to justify your position and now you're telling me you got NOTHING to back up what you claim Hillary did?

Man, this is beyond disappointing.

The hapless Dem's play right into Trumps hands, the more they harp about Russia and throw shit against a wall hoping something will stick to Trump the more opportunities Trump has to paint them as fake news. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

then

why is that different?

So you have the unmitigated gall to say this to me:

use it as an indignant, righteous argument to justify your position and now you're telling me you got NOTHING to back up what you claim Hillary did?

Man, this is beyond disappointing.
yea, kinda like being told i'm using a moral equiv. and when i use it in return i get yelled at for that one also. which is it? safe to use when it fits your discussion but i can't use it in return in talking to you?

i agree it's a mess. i agree the burden is on me to provide some of the details of what i'm talking about. however, i'm at work and don't have the luxury of putting aside time to do dig right now and do all that and was going to when i got home tonight.

gonna take a pass on that now and take my unmitigated gall with me for now.

Forum List

Back