Plan to ban automatic deduction of public employee union dues clears House panel

Once more for the terminally dense loony leftist:
No non-gov't agency has the inalienable right to require a company to auto-deduct employee paychecks. If the unions and the employees want that convenience, let them negotiate or pay for it but the biz reserves the right to tell unions to do their own collections.
The arrogance of loony lefties never ceases to amuse me.

The Union doesn't require, the employee requests. AGAIN, how much does it cost the State to do this.

deductions happen; why Only a problem with union dues; it seems arbitrary and capricious.

This may come as a terrible shock but unions can still negotiate or pay to have a company collect member dues for them. All this law does is remove the gov't requirement that companies must do the union's job.

How much does it cost the State to collect and distribute the funds?

I read somewhere that the cost of government activity, on any program, is 38%

But, I can definitively tell you this - when bidding for government contracts, we used to figure out what it cost to build the item/service, and then add 46% 'wrap rate' to cover the additional costs of managing and responding to government oversight.

In short, we raised the cost of production 46% because it was a government contract. And, before you ask, our average profit margin (which is predefined in the contract) was 7%.

Let me clarify this .... if an item costs $1 to build (including profit), we would have to charge the government $1.46 because of the effort necessary to handle their oversight. In addition, the taxpayer would pay an extra 38% labor for the government's effort - raising the total item cost to $1.93. Now you know why we have $600 toilet seats and $300 hammers.

Last edited:
No, that is a LIE! Online payments cost me (and most people) NOTHING. You need a better bank.

So you pay ZERO bank fee's? If you say 'NO', then post your bank so we can show you you do.
are you baked?

The fact remains that you pay for all bank services (unless your rich) whether you use them or not.

Not true, of course.

Maybe in Canada, but in the US bank fees have increased over the past 20 years because they are offering more services like on-line bill pay, which you are paying for even if you don't use it.

You mean like the Boston firefighters; union, which is fighting tooth and nail AGAINST drug testing?!

Bashing hero's of 9/11? For shame!

Boston FD was not involved in 9/11.

Hypocrisy from Republicans. This is all this is. The treatment and ridicule for our firefighters is a long cry from 9/11.

You made an erroneous claim, I won't let you get away with your lies.

Directly after 9/11 Republicans bashed fire fighters? You'll need to show us that....

Public employees have no business being unionized period.

All they do is beg/bribe their Democrat/Govt benefactors for more, more, more.....

F--k them.
and capitalists don't, even without Labor's knowledge or informed consent.

Labor does not own the company, they are paid to work, not to run a business.

I pay people to run all of my businesses. I take no effort in the day-to-day operation. Any smart employer does that.

Since you don't own a business, it doesn't matter.

According to Republicans, it's NOT OK for an auto deduction which costs nothing, but IT IS OK to use your cell phone to pay, and PAY A FEE.

I LOVE IT.....screw workers and suck your contributors all at once! YOU GO REPUBLICANS!!!!!!

Plan to ban automatic deduction of public employee union dues clears House panel News The Advocate Baton Rouge Louisiana

WELL DONE!!!!!

You should be amply rewarded for a sterling example of misrepresenting the facts!!!

Kudos!!!

The fact is Republicans state that it costs the State money to deduct and distribute for an employee. The fact also remains that nobody has stated the cost. So it's a lie.

No, that is a LIE! Online payments cost me (and most people) NOTHING. You need a better bank.

So you pay ZERO bank fee's? If you say 'NO', then post your bank so we can show you you do.
are you baked?

The fact remains that you pay for all bank services (unless your rich) whether you use them or not.

Not true, of course.
If he couldn't lie, he would be lost.

Take a long look at your bank statements over the last 20 years and get back with me.

According to Republicans, it's NOT OK for an auto deduction which costs nothing, but IT IS OK to use your cell phone to pay, and PAY A FEE.

I LOVE IT.....screw workers and suck your contributors all at once! YOU GO REPUBLICANS!!!!!!

Plan to ban automatic deduction of public employee union dues clears House panel News The Advocate Baton Rouge Louisiana

WELL DONE!!!!!

You should be amply rewarded for a sterling example of misrepresenting the facts!!!

Kudos!!!

The fact is Republicans state that it costs the State money to deduct and distribute for an employee. The fact also remains that nobody has stated the cost. So it's a lie.

Are you REALLY this incredibly stupid? Are you suggesting that there is NO cost to establishing the automatic deduction?

Let's see ---

1) HR person gets trained on how to brief the new worker about the auto deduction of union fees.
2) HR person orders/managers/maintains the authorization forms BEFORE being completed.
3) HR person briefs new employee about the program, and sits while the individual fills out the form.
4) HR person checks forms, makes corrections, or directs new worker to make corrections.
5) HR person send form to Finance to have auto deduction initiated.
6) Mailroom carries form down to Finance (or somebody maintains the computer system that allows the email to be sent).
7) Finance person reviews form, schedules it for input into the system.
8) Finance/data entry makes entry into computer.
9) Original form is annotated, and sent back to HR.
10) HR files form in new worker's personnel folder.

Yep - no cost -all free.

Give me a freakin' break!

Because unions suck and we don't like them.
How's that for a cause? Kill the unions! Today!

Spoken like a old white guy sociopath who has his and fuck everyone else. YOU are what's wrong with America.

Rule No. 4 When lacking an intelligent and cogent response, attack the poster.

I'm calling a pig, a pig. Are you too an old white guy sociopath who has his and fuck everyone else?

are you baked?

Not true, of course.

Maybe in Canada, but in the US bank fees have increased over the past 20 years because they are offering more services like on-line bill pay, which you are paying for even if you don't use it.

I don't pay for my bank accounts, I don't pay a monthly fee, I get unlimited use of my ATM cards, I get free cashiers checks, money orders and online banking. Been that way for several years. How much do you pay?

Spoken like a old white guy sociopath who has his and fuck everyone else. YOU are what's wrong with America.

I'm calling a pig, a pig. Are you too an old white guy sociopath who has his and fuck everyone else?

No .... what you're actually doing is trying to cover up your innate ignorance by deflecting the conversation into something you feel safe with - flaming others. And, frankly, you're not doing a very good job of it. Your ignorance is still showing.

As for me .... you have no clue.

are you baked?

Not true, of course.

I don't pay for my bank accounts, I don't pay a monthly fee, I get unlimited use of my ATM cards, I get free cashiers checks, money orders and online banking. Been that way for several years. How much do you pay?

Actually, you ARE paying --- and paying a lot.

You only get these services free if you have a significant amount of money in a bank not returning much. The bank, or credit union, on the other hand, is making significant profit using your money.

You need to rethink your financial distribution strategy. It's silly to have that much money in a bank.

All that money you've lost? THAT is what you're paying for the convenience.

are you baked?

Not true, of course.

Actually, you ARE paying --- and paying a lot.

You only get these services free if you have a significant amount of money in a bank not returning much. The bank, or credit union, on the other hand, is making significant profit using your money.

You need to rethink your financial distribution strategy. It's silly to have that much money in a bank.

All that money you've lost? THAT is what you're paying for the convenience.

Not sure where I'm losing anything. I don't keep more than a few bucks in two checking accounts. I pay nothing on them. I have one at another bank and the average balance is below $1500, I only keep enough in for monthly expenses. We also have a savings account and then the rest are in certificates, stocks and other investments.

I read somewhere that the cost of government activity, on any program, is 38%

But, I can definitively tell you this - when bidding for government contracts, we used to figure out what it cost to build the item/service, and then add 46% 'wrap rate' to cover the additional costs of managing and responding to government oversight.

In short, we raised the cost of production 46% because it was a government contract. And, before you ask, our average profit margin (which is predefined in the contract) was 7%.

Let me clarify this .... if an item costs $1 to build (including profit), we would have to charge the government $1.46 because of the effort necessary to handle their oversight. In addition, the taxpayer would pay an extra 38% labor for the government's effort - raising the total item cost to $1.93. Now you know why we have $600 toilet seats and $300 hammers.

I love it when a poster prefesses her/his post with 'I read somewhere.'

Since I'm a GSA contractor let me help you out.

One of the companies I own designs, engineers, builds, maintains, and leases space on telecommunications towers. If you take a close look at cell towers, you'll see 24" x 24" boxes with antennas protruding from either the top or bottom on the inside of the triangle. Those are radio repeaters mostly for public agencies such as CLEMARS in California and Desert Sky in Nevada as well as private radio systems. Government agencies pay no more and no less than private companies for the same product or service. Only when the government tries to reinvent the hammer, or an unscrupulous contractor tries to gouge taxpayers does the government pay more, which brings up the question; How much does it cost the State to deduct and distribute deductions for an employee?

Public employees have no business being unionized period.

All they do is beg/bribe their Democrat/Govt benefactors for more, more, more.....

F--k them.
and capitalists don't, even without Labor's knowledge or informed consent.

Labor does not own the company, they are paid to work, not to run a business.

I pay people to run all of my businesses. I take no effort in the day-to-day operation. Any smart employer does that.

Since you don't own a business, it doesn't matter.

I own five, soon to be six, and Angel Invest another three.

Answer this: How much money does it cost the State to deduct and distribute deductions for an employee?

Are you REALLY this incredibly stupid? Are you suggesting that there is NO cost to establishing the automatic deduction?

Let's see ---

1) HR person gets trained on how to brief the new worker about the auto deduction of union fees.
2) HR person orders/managers/maintains the authorization forms BEFORE being completed.
3) HR person briefs new employee about the program, and sits while the individual fills out the form.
4) HR person checks forms, makes corrections, or directs new worker to make corrections.
5) HR person send form to Finance to have auto deduction initiated.
6) Mailroom carries form down to Finance (or somebody maintains the computer system that allows the email to be sent).
7) Finance person reviews form, schedules it for input into the system.
8) Finance/data entry makes entry into computer.
9) Original form is annotated, and sent back to HR.
10) HR files form in new worker's personnel folder.

Yep - no cost -all free.

Give me a freakin' break!

You still haven't listed the cost of deducting and distributing deductions requested by an employee.

The rest of your list from 1995 is all done electronically in 2015. HR Departments exist today to correct errors made by employees, however, most errors are noted when the employee enters information and is corrected at that time.

Fantastic. Which bank do you bank at so we can check your claim.

I don't pay any bank fees for anything, not even holding accounts. Rich people don't pay bank fees. If we withdrew our monies it would cause a hardship.

No .... what you're actually doing is trying to cover up your innate ignorance by deflecting the conversation into something you feel safe with - flaming others. And, frankly, you're not doing a very good job of it. Your ignorance is still showing.

As for me .... you have no clue.

I see I've made my point.

So tell us; How much does it cost the State to deduct and distribute an employees deduction?

Forum List

Back