Plan to ban automatic deduction of public employee union dues clears House panel

This is a union and their membership, it has nothing to do with the employer, the employer is not a collection company for the union.
Why not allow the employer and the union to agree to the fees deduction in the union contract?

Fine and dandy but you completely miss Papa's point. This isn't about the union's right to collect their dues from their members, it's about the right of businesses to decline involvement in the transaction.
Why not just have the union bill the Firm for payroll and let them handle their own issues.

Why should the firm take out the wages? It is between the union and the worker, have the union bill the individual and let the individual see how much they spend and what their return on investment is.
Why not just have the union bill the Firm for payroll and let them handle their own issues.

Why not have the union bill their clients instead of having a third party collect the fee?

This is a union and their membership, it has nothing to do with the employer, the employer is not a collection company for the union.

Why not allow the employer and the union to agree to the fees deduction in the union contract?

Probably because the firm doesn't want to do business with the union. It would rather negotiate with each employee separately rather than allow a union determine how much each person earns that the company has to pay for.

That is why unions shouldn't have the dues taken out By the employer through payroll. Let the worker make that payment every month, to make sure they realize the costs and the benefits.

Why should the firm take out the wages? It is between the union and the worker, have the union bill the individual and let the individual see how much they spend and what their return on investment is.

Why not have the union bill their clients instead of having a third party collect the fee?

Sure; why not. Unions should merely bill Firms for labor costs.

Why should a firm be forced to purchase labor from a union?

so they won't have to complain about union dues.

Those kinds of "agreements" are made at the point of a gun.

You're getting dumber every day. The law against it would be at the point of a gun by your reasoning.

Fine and dandy but you completely miss Papa's point. This isn't about the union's right to collect their dues from their members, it's about the right of businesses to decline involvement in the transaction.

The businesses agree to an agency fee arrangement when they agree that the union will have bargaining rights for the members of that unit under their employ.

This ALL about more union busting and getting more Americans working for less money and benefits and having fewer rights in the workplace.

Anything else said about it is bullshit.

Conservatives for who knows why just want the middle class poorer.

That is why unions shouldn't have the dues taken out By the employer through payroll. Let the worker make that payment every month, to make sure they realize the costs and the benefits.

Why should unions bill firms for labor costs?

Only if the union gets to agree on how much goes to political contributions by the Firm.

Why should the union be a..owed to dictate to a private business how it spends its money?

According to Republicans, it's NOT OK for an auto deduction which costs nothing, but IT IS OK to use your cell phone to pay, and PAY A FEE.

I LOVE IT.....screw workers and suck your contributors all at once! YOU GO REPUBLICANS!!!!!!

Plan to ban automatic deduction of public employee union dues clears House panel News The Advocate Baton Rouge Louisiana
I think it's a good idea to not force the taxpayers to subsidize the DNC through forced dues of public school teachers to the NEA.
then your issue is with the NEA, not the teachers. On the other hand, contributions from big corporate interests from the profits made on their products seems just fine. What if I don't want any of my money to go to the GOP, yet I am forced to buy products whose profits end up there? Should I do without? Should I drill for, extract and refine my own gasoline?

The businesses agree to an agency fee arrangement when they agree that the union will have bargaining rights for the members of that unit under their employ.

But why does the business need to deduct employees union dues from payroll? Why can the business not decline taking union dues from an employee's paycheck?

The employees are the ones complaining about union dues, numskull. Employers have no interest in doing business with unions, period. Your "solution" would only allow unions to get into a firms business in a much bigger way. No firm wants that.

According to Republicans, it's NOT OK for an auto deduction which costs nothing, but IT IS OK to use your cell phone to pay, and PAY A FEE.

I LOVE IT.....screw workers and suck your contributors all at once! YOU GO REPUBLICANS!!!!!!

Plan to ban automatic deduction of public employee union dues clears House panel News The Advocate Baton Rouge Louisiana
I think it's a good idea to not force the taxpayers to subsidize the DNC through forced dues of public school teachers to the NEA.
then your issue is with the NEA, not the teachers. On the other hand, contributions from big corporate interests from the profits made on their products seems just fine. What if I don't want any of my money to go to the GOP, yet I am forced to buy products whose profits end up there? Should I do without? Should I drill for, extract and refine my own gasoline?

You aren't forced to buy those products, so your complaint is groundless.

Businesses never agree to that. It's imposed on them.

Only because it is currently required by law. Under the new law the collection of union dues can be part of part of the contract if both sides agree or it can be the union's responsibility.
The new law would rightly remove the existing gov't stipulation and the unjust burden on businesses.

You're getting dumber every day. The law against it would be at the point of a gun by your reasoning.

No, being left alone doesn't require guns. Being forced to purchase labor from a union does. No company is going to voluntarily pay union agency fees. There doesn't even need to be a law "against it." There simply doesn't need to be a law supporting it.

The employees are the ones complaining about union dues, numskull. Employers have no interest in doing business with unions, period. Your "solution" would only allow unions to get into a firms business in a much bigger way. No firm wants that.
How many unions want to be denied and disparaged in their collective bargaining?

This ALL about more union busting and getting more Americans working for less money and benefits and having fewer rights in the workplace. Anything else said about it is bullshit. Conservatives for who knows why just want the middle class poorer.

BS. This is about putting the onus of collecting union dues where it belongs ... on the unions. No one is impeding anyone's right to join a union and pay union dues.

What if I don't want any of my money to go to the GOP, yet I am forced to buy products whose profits end up there? Should I do without? Should I drill for, extract and refine my own gasoline?
You aren't forced to buy those products, so your complaint is groundless.

The leftist rhetoric has been reduced to a constant stream of whining.

No, being left alone doesn't require guns. Being forced to purchase labor from a union does. No company is going to voluntarily pay union agency fees. There doesn't even need to be a law "against it." There simply doesn't need to be a law supporting it.
Firms have to purchase labor from somewhere; why the insistence on Individuals when hiring on the part of a Firm not an Individual?

How many unions want to be denied and disparaged in their collective bargaining?

We're talking about what employees want, not what unions want.

Forum List

Back