Plan to ban automatic deduction of public employee union dues clears House panel

In reality the unions don't want the added cost of collections, it's so much easier just to deposit those checks from government. There's no reason governments should be collection agents for private unions.

Unions don't deposit checks, it's electronic.

Having workers pay bank fees are what Republicans want.

All this talk and still no justification as to why governments should be collection agents for private unions. BTW I don't see you bitching about governments requiring people to have bank accounts to receive benefits such as Social Security.
because they have to do it anyway for direct forms of taxation.

So union dues are now taxes, or should be treated like taxes, I don't think so.
ok. if you want to quibble; what about association dues or political fees?

In reality the unions don't want the added cost of collections, it's so much easier just to deposit those checks from government. There's no reason governments should be collection agents for private unions.

All this talk and still no justification as to why governments should be collection agents for private unions. BTW I don't see you bitching about governments requiring people to have bank accounts to receive benefits such as Social Security.

It is an added layer of work, why do you object to having a person write out a check to a union every month?
because it is being imposed by the Establishment for political purposes.

The citizens of each state shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of citizens in the several states.

Why not require Capitalists to write a check every month for their Taxes and political costs?

The workers are imposing the union on the employer, the worker needs to see where the money is going. You afraid that if the union worker actually sees what he is paying for a union, that he might not want it anymore?

Businesses write checks every month for taxes, insurance and whatever they need to run a business.

Why should a firm be forced to purchase labor from a union?
so they won't have to complain about union dues.

The employees are the ones complaining about union dues, numskull. Employers have no interest in doing business with unions, period. Your "solution" would only allow unions to get into a firms business in a much bigger way. No firm wants that.
How many unions want to be denied and disparaged in their collective bargaining?

We're talking about what employees want, not what unions want.
most employees seem to want union benefits and union pay scales, but without the hassle of having to join a union. Unions exist for a reason; there is no reason they cannot "modernize" and compete for Labor with Capitalists.

Having government compel businesses to obtain labor through unions isn't "modernization." It's idiotification.

If people want to join unions, then they are free to do so. You want to force unions on them.

It is an added layer of work, why do you object to having a person write out a check to a union every month?

The citizens of each state shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of citizens in the several states.

Why not require Capitalists to write a check every month for their Taxes and political costs?

The workers are imposing the union on the employer, the worker needs to see where the money is going. You afraid that if the union worker actually sees what he is paying for a union, that he might not want it anymore?
I think that given a choice workers wouldn't want it any more.
Sort of like giving to charity while in the military, automatically paid out of your check. Peer pressure was strong, and so was senor personal, on you voluntarily signing away part of your paycheck.

Sort of like giving to charity while in the military, automatically paid out of your check. Peer pressure was strong, and so was senor personal, on you voluntarily signing away part of your paycheck.

Like Nancy Reagan said, just say no. I worked for me.

Businesses write checks every month for taxes, insurance and whatever they need to run a business.
Labor conditions are what any given market will bear; only infidels, protestants, and renegades to Capitalism claim otherwise.

There are or can be "free" or organic alternatives available; I believe this is an issue that may simply require modernization on the part of organized Labor.

so they won't have to complain about union dues.

The employees are the ones complaining about union dues, numskull. Employers have no interest in doing business with unions, period. Your "solution" would only allow unions to get into a firms business in a much bigger way. No firm wants that.
How many unions want to be denied and disparaged in their collective bargaining?

most employees seem to want union benefits and union pay scales, but without the hassle of having to join a union. Unions exist for a reason; there is no reason they cannot "modernize" and compete for Labor with Capitalists.

Having government compel businesses to obtain labor through unions isn't "modernization." It's idiotification.

If people want to join unions, then they are free to do so. You want to force unions on them.
It is a moot point since Labor is willing to compete with collective bargaining.

is that your opinion or do you have anything more that hear-say and sooth-say?

Labor conditions are what any given market will bear; only infidels, protestants, and renegades to Capitalism claim otherwise.

There are or can be "free" or organic alternatives available; I believe this is an issue that may simply require modernization on the part of organized Labor.

You want it, pay for it, you not giving a straight answer, is the answer in of itself. You have failed and failed miserably.

He said more than you, given a choice, he says workers will say no.

You want it, pay for it, you not giving a straight answer, is the answer in of itself. You have failed and failed miserably.
failed at what; it isn't my fault you don't have a clue or a Cause. can you re-state your question in a more cogent manner?

I was bullied into giving to charity when I was in the Army. Implied problems would happen if I refused to sign the paperwork. Something they wouldn't be able to do if I had to write a physical check every month.
2. I had to quit my job at Disney in order to quit the union. They wouldn't allow me to quit any other way.
This protects the employee.

so what; given the choice anyone would say no to taxes.

there you go equating union dues to taxes again. So you think Employees should be forced to pay union dues like they are forced to pay taxes?

there you go equating union dues to taxes again. So you think Employees should be forced to pay union dues like they are forced to pay taxes?
it is about Choice, is it not: person on the Right?

It is a moot point since Labor is willing to compete with collective bargaining.

Gibberish

Gibberish
a sad lack of a clue and a Cause; person on the Right?

The best way to end The Income Tax would be to eliminate witholding from wages. Require everyone to write one gigantic check once a year and they'd pretty soon pressure government to change things.

Same with union dues. You don't much notice a paper cut but you do notice a bayonet wound even those a paper cut every few minutes will bleed you to death that's as dead as one deep slash.

Not to taxes, to unions. Are you intentionally twisting words or do you have learning disabilities?

failed at what; it isn't my fault you don't have a clue or a Cause. can you re-state your question in a more cogent manner?

It doesn't matter how I phrase a question, you don't want to answer and deflect, can't be anymore simple than that.

Forum List

Back