'Planet Of The Apes' Comment Towards Michelle Obama

Univision host Rodner Figueroa was fired Wednesday after comparing first lady Michelle Obama's appearance to that of someone from the cast of the "Planet of the Apes."

The Emmy-winning host was dismissed over the racist remark said during his live segment on the entertainment news show "El Gordo Y La Flaca," HuffPost Voces first reported. Univision confirmed the news via e-mail earlier today.

Figueroa's comment came while talking about make-up artist Paolo Ballesteros' viral undertaking of transforming himself into female celebrities. The fashionista, known for his critical "Fashion Police"-style remarks, analyzed Ballesteros' transformation for Michelle Obama with an original photo of the first lady beside it.

"Mind you, you know that Michelle Obama looks like she's part of the cast of "Planet of the Apes," the film," Figueroa said.

More: Univision Host Rodner Figueroa Fired Over Racist 'Planet Of The Apes' Comment Towards Michelle Obama

I applaud Univision for firing Figueroa so promptly. Such racist disrespect for our First Lady should never be tolerated.

Not possible, only white people can be racist.

And now all the right-wing "free speech" advocates are going to jump into the fray, claiming Rodner is being denied his... And of course that Obama is "shredding the Constitution", etc...

But freedom of speech does not mean freedom from the responsibility of what you say. Sorry, righties...

Freedom of speech is freedom of speech and the remark was uncalled for but let's go back to you on the left and calling Bush a chimp...and using pics to do it. That doesn't bother you at all does it? Don't lie either
Freedom of association is freedom of association

His employer is free to no longer associate with him

Very fucking nutter here deflects when faced with an uncomfortable truth. It's soooooooooooooo fucking boring.

We get a lot of canned rap accusations from progressives in this country...but just wait until the country is completely overrun by criminal Mexicans.

You think white middle class people are racist...wait till you get a load of them, lol. You're in for a RUDE awakening. They HATE blacks.

We get a lot of canned rap accusations from progressives in this country...but just wait until the country is completely overrun by criminal Mexicans.

You think white middle class people are racist...wait till you get a load of them, lol. You're in for a RUDE awakening. They HATE blacks.
God hates you

Saying that Michelle looks like an ape or a tranny or even a wookie, while it MAY be in bad taste, is covered by the 1st Amendment. Get over it.

You Lefties need to stop bashing the 1st Amendment.

Somehow, this statement will be blamed on Bush or Republicans.

Saying that Michelle looks like an ape or a tranny or even a wookie, while it MAY be in bad taste, is covered by the 1st Amendment. Get over it.

You Lefties need to stop bashing the 1st Amendment.

It is protected, however others have a right to react to the "bad taste" in this case, he was fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grinch-totally-looks-like-michelle-obama.jpg

He made a stupid joke, he got what he deserved. I find it funny that many on the left dismiss tasteless jokes about those on the right.

If you are outraged by one, you should be outraged by the other, otherwise you are nothing but a spineless partisan hack.

Ah, so making a stupid joke is a career Capital Offense? Are we really that thin-skinned of a nation?

It's a hallmark of a free society that one can make fun of the supposed "ruling elites". Totalitarians execute those who do.

He made a stupid joke, he got what he deserved. I find it funny that many on the left dismiss tasteless jokes about those on the right.

If you are outraged by one, you should be outraged by the other, otherwise you are nothing but a spineless partisan hack.

Ah, so making a stupid joke is a career Capital Offense? Are we really that thin-skinned of a nation?

It's a hallmark of a free society that one can make fun of the supposed "ruling elites". Totalitarians execute those who do.

Yes, we are that thin-skinned of a nation. It's Communist PC shit. Y'all are for Free Speech, but only if it's speech you agree with.

I didn't say that, if one is going to pretend they are outraged over statement, then they need to pretend to be outraged over the same on the other side of the political spectrum. Would I have fired the guy, probably not, but I would not fire Mahar for his statements about Palin. It was a really stupid thing to say, but he said it and we as a nation can react accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried to explain that a couple times here. Nobody gets it.

Yes, we are that thin-skinned of a nation. It's Communist PC shit. Y'all are for Free Speech, but only if it's speech you agree with.

Free speech does not mean you're free of the consequences of what you say.

Under the Fox News code of conduct, we are now obligated to get out there and find a negro black person saying something racist.
It was a UniVision reporter, not the Evil Fox News. Did you just assume it was?
Whenever someone on the Right attacks a minority, within a day or two, Fox News will air a story of a Leftist doing something similar.

Just like they are doing now to counter the SAE frat bigots story.

Fox News is the expert Tu Quoque network.

No, that's not Spanish.

Forum List

Back