Planned Parenthood caught trafficking in human body parts

Really? Who besides RW nutbags such as yourself calls them a "business"?

"Planned Parenthood, whose top doctor was caught on video discussing the sale of body parts from aborted babies, has received more than $27 million from taxpayers this year."

Washington Free Beacon

Sounds like quite a lucrative business to me.

IOW, it's just a wingnut thing.

(Which I already knew, but it's good to get confirmation)

Yes, a left wingnut, baby killing for profit thing. I'm glad to accommodate you.

Except it's really not.
$27 million in income from the feds says otherwise.

On top of the nice juicy $$$ they get from the poor victimized women themselves.

Not the same as a for-profit enterprise...something I'm pretty sure you know.

It says very clearly at the beginning of this video that the story they're reporting that the story is from the year 2000.

Have there been any recent developments that have spurred this new interest in such an old story?

Three hour video. Not an old story.

It says very clearly at the beginning of this video that the story they're reporting that the story is from the year 2000.

Have there been any recent developments that have spurred this new interest in such an old story?

Liar. It has a lead in with a variety of news releases about the topic.

Do you get money from the industry? Are you an abortion fluffer or something?

PS..."Always as many livers as possible". That's nice.

That would explain why its not on any of the major news sites Even Fox is not touching this.

No, this is a new story, but it appears a similar thing happened in 2000.

Nothing came of it. Congress even investigated.

The law seems clear enough....

(a) Purchase of tissue
It shall be unlawful for any person to knowingly acquire, receive, or otherwise transfer any human fetal tissue for valuable consideration if the transfer affects interstate commerce.
(b) Solicitation or acceptance of tissue as directed donation for use in transplantation
It shall be unlawful for any person to solicit or knowingly acquire, receive, or accept a donation of human fetal tissue for the purpose of transplantation of such tissue into another person if the donation affects interstate commerce, the tissue will be or is obtained pursuant to an induced abortion, and—
(1) the donation will be or is made pursuant to a promise to the donating individual that the donated tissue will be transplanted into a recipient specified by such individual;
(2) the donated tissue will be transplanted into a relative of the donating individual; or
(3) the person who solicits or knowingly acquires, receives, or accepts the donation has provided valuable consideration for the costs associated with such abortion.
(c) Solicitation or acceptance of tissue from fetuses gestated for research purposes
It shall be unlawful for any person or entity involved or engaged in interstate commerce to—
(1) solicit or knowingly acquire, receive, or accept a donation of human fetal tissue knowing that a human pregnancy was deliberately initiated to provide such tissue; or
(2) knowingly acquire, receive, or accept tissue or cells obtained from a human embryo or fetus that was gestated in the uterus of a nonhuman animal.

42 U.S. Code 289g 2 - Prohibitions regarding human fetal tissue US Law LII Legal Information Institute

................and which section was violated?

Look fool, the moment they SOLD, ACCEPTED PAYMENT for the human body parts they violated the law. It's FREAKING ILLEGAL, this is not rocket science

Go back to a) and recognize it says
"if the transfer affects interstate commerce."

In other words, if the tissue does not leave the state, no problem!

So I ask again, which section was violated

It's funny, they don't mind using the ultrasound for this procedure. Suddenly it doesn't matter if the woman feels *violated* if they're trying to protect a liver's re-sale value.

Chicky is going to federal prison. "Federal laws are up for interpretation....If I say on day one 'I do not intend to do this' what follows after doesn't matter".

So what's happened recently to renew interest in this?

That would explain why its not on any of the major news sites Even Fox is not touching this.

Why are none of the major news outlets running with this? The only thing I see is a statement up on PP's website dated today explaining the procedures.

Statement from Planned Parenthood on New Undercover Video Planned Parenthood

"I knew which of the cases were likely to yield...and that's what I do..." she's talking about performing partial birth abortions in order to harvest.

Give up, baby killer.

Ok, but what actually makes this story new?

Thing is, Go to a surgeon with a problem, and he'll try to convince you that you need surgery. Go to a dealer to get your wrecked car fixed and they'll tell you that you need a new car. Go to planned parenthood and they'll tell you you need an abortion.

Go to school and the nurse will give you a pregnancy test, and 5 minutes after you find out you are pregnant, you're on your way to the abortion clinic. If it is lucrative to sell what that confused child is carrying, do you think she's going to get a plan for parenthood, or a gown and stirrups?

And how many of those herded children will grow up to regret the school's/gov./pp decision? How about removing the parents of the child from the decision? If they had done something like that to one of my girls without my permission, I can't eventell you what my response would have been.
You sound idiotic. A school nurse cant even suggest a child go to get an abortion.

The will have to notify the parents

This is not a story from 2000. There is a news clip at the beginning from 2000 which provides some context.

The Planned Parenthood video, though, is recent. Very recent.

Did you people even watch it?

Give up, baby killer.

I could, but I think I'll ask again: why is this suddenly getting such renewed attention?

Got a pretty good idea your answer is gonna be something like, "Give up, baby killer".

It's not from 2000. And who says it has to be new? Is there a statute of limitations on selling body parts?

The tape is the result of a 30-month investigation. Get over it.

Why are none of the major news outlets running with this? The only thing I see is a statement up on PP's website dated today explaining the procedures.

Statement from Planned Parenthood on New Undercover Video Planned Parenthood

In health care, patients sometimes want to donate tissue to scientific research that can help lead to medical breakthroughs, such as treatments and cures for serious diseases. Women at Planned Parenthood who have abortions are no different.

At several of our health centers, we help patients who want to donate tissue for scientific research, and we do this just like every other high-quality health care provider does -- with full, appropriate consent from patients and under the highest ethical and legal standards.

There is no financial benefit for tissue donation for either the patient or for Planned Parenthood. In some instances, actual costs, such as the cost to transport tissue to leading research centers, are reimbursed, which is standard across the medical field.

“A well funded group established for the purpose of damaging Planned Parenthood’s mission and services has promoted a heavily edited, secretly recorded videotape that falsely portrays Planned Parenthood’s participation in tissue donation programs that support lifesaving scientific research. Similar false accusations have been put forth by opponents of abortion services for decades. These groups have been widely discredited and their claims fall apart on closer examination, just as they do in this case.”

###

Planned Parenthood is the nation’s leading provider and advocate of high-quality, affordable health care for women, men, and young people, as well as the nation’s largest provider of sex education. With approximately 700 health centers across the country, Planned Parenthood organizations serve all patients with care and compassion, with respect and without judgment. Through health centers, programs in schools and communities, and online resources, Planned Parenthood is a trusted source of reliable health information that allows people to make informed health decisions. We do all this because we care passionately about helping people lead healthier lives.

No profit, no interstate. No problem.

Give up, baby killer.

I could, but I think I'll ask again: why is this suddenly getting such renewed attention?

Got a pretty good idea your answer is gonna be something like, "Give up, baby killer".

It's never been released before. And it's not from 2000, liar. So give up, baby killer.

This is not a story from 2000. There is a news clip at the beginning from 2000 which provides some context.

The Planned Parenthood video, though, is recent. Very recent.

Did you people even watch it?

My bad on that, but the question still stands.

Forum List

Back