Planned Parenthood Exposed - New Undercover Video

Indeed. My daughter and I have had many conversations about the idea that when you sleep with someone, you are exposing yourself to THEIR ENTIRE SEXUAL HISTORY. So, every person you sleep with is potentially like you are sleeping with dozens or even hundreds more. And, you can't un-do possible exposure to an STD. So, while sex is a lot of fun, it also carries a lot of possible risks with it, particularly for young women, who will also have to handle the vast majority of responsibility for an unplanned pregnancy.

Back in the summer of 2007, my daughter was 12 years old, a movie was advertised on Lifetime called Girl, positive. I called all my daughter's friends mothers and asked if they could come to my house and watch this movie about a teenager who is infected with HIV by the older, popular brother of a friend in school. The kid is the high school star, popular, hot, etc. She goes to a party at his house and has unprotected sex with him.

she has a sub teacher, played by Jenny Garth who had also been infected with HIV at a young age.

The gist of the story is that school is such an intimate setting, that if one person is infected with HIV they can potentially kill their entire graduating class because of how often partners switch at that age.

and a stat of interest

Half of all new HIV infections occur in people 25 and younger.

Indeed. My daughter and I have had many conversations about the idea that when you sleep with someone, you are exposing yourself to THEIR ENTIRE SEXUAL HISTORY. So, every person you sleep with is potentially like you are sleeping with dozens or even hundreds more. And, you can't un-do possible exposure to an STD. So, while sex is a lot of fun, it also carries a lot of possible risks with it, particularly for young women, who will also have to handle the vast majority of responsibility for an unplanned pregnancy.
Hopefully not many 14 year old boys or girls have a major sexual history entailing dozens or hundreds. Hell, I'm pretty sure mine will still be shorter than the number of fingers I have when I'm 90. But best to behave as though it could be possibility and use condoms.

I agree, it's not just about age. but sexualizing children isn't the answer either.
I don't think anyone is saying that kids need to be sexualized.

when you have children of your own you begin to appreciate what your parents tried to do for you, if you have decent parents. Ask anyone who has reached the age of having children of their own to worry about and 99% will say they were wrong in believing their parents were being unreasonable in what they expected from them.
I think that's a pretty cheap answer. I could make the same kind of statements about if you weren't a teen when I was you won't understand. It doesn't make my position right and it would be condescending.

I get what you're saying but what can I possibly say in response? If I don't just agree I'm naive and don't get it. It sucks to be talked down to.

when you're old enough to pay your own bills, take care of your children, provide your own medical care when you get sick. Oh I don't know, when you're an adult.
This is why I feel like you're not talking to me, I already made the point I'm about to try to make again and you didn't respond to it before.

If you don't let someone have the responsibility to be an adult then how can they prove they are ready to be an adult? You can get a crap job at 16 but you can't sign a contract so you can't get credit or rent an apartment. The bar is put where it's unobtainable and then you sit back and say see you aren't ready. It isn't a fair way to judge a person.

and let's make no mistake here, I'm not advocating regulating anyone's body. I don't necessarily agree with the parental consent laws that many states have. For the simple reason that MANY parents ARE unreasonable and in denial about their children's sexual activity.

It is your body and you're free to do as you please but with that freedom comes responsibility. Because you not only take your life in your hands, you take your partners life as well.
It sounds like you are trying to control others to me. Not actively, but you think it's a good thing. You did say you were ok with keeping kids young.

I think a lot could be improved but I don't think that it's all just one big suppressive effort to keep the youth of the world in chastity belts and virgin pledges.

There is a difference between ALLOWING children to remain children and FORCING them to be children. You don't treat children like lil idiots. You approach them with the knowledge and understanding that they are bright and capable. You have open and honest conversations with them about the consequences of engaging in activities that can have LIFELONG ramifications and you HOPE that just enough of that information sticks so that when they are faced with the question of whether to have sex or not to have sex that they make the best choice for THEMSELVES and not because someone is trying to coherse them into doing something they don't want to do.
I'm sure as you wrote that you felt like it was very sage wisdom but it comes off as condescending to me. You hope enough sticks? Kids know all of what you hope sticks, the thing is it doesn't matter to them. This is why I think your approach is inherently flawed. You think you're playing one game, but the reality is different.

thanks, but you say that like you don't believe it, which given your own history I can see why you'd be doubtful.
I was sincere. I hope the best for you and your family.

The first step in reducing the number of sexually active teens and pre-teens is teaching them to respect themselves....IMO girls who sleep around a lot do so because they have a self-esteem issue and they mask that by saying they just like fucking. They are looking for love and acceptance and think that they will find it that way. they are almost always disappointed.
I don't think the goal should be reducing the number of sexually active teens. I think it's a symptom of a greater social problem. I think if kids were given more responsibility and higher expectations of real adult behavior were put upon them a rise in self-esteem would be the result. Don't you think the self-esteem crisis (and there is one) is more likely to result from society telling you that you aren't capable, than from saying you are? Which one undermines a sense of self-worth?

Originally Posted by Silence

'when you have children of your own you begin to appreciate what your parents tried to do for you, if you have decent parents. Ask anyone who has reached the age of having children of their own to worry about and 99% will say they were wrong in believing their parents were being unreasonable in what they expected from them."

I have to agree with Amanda. That remark was condescending and unfounded on anything but your own prejudice and wishful thinking.

Maybe if you could imagine what it is to be a teenager in 2008 you could appreciate what she is telling you.

I don't think anyone is saying that kids need to be sexualized.

but you are saying that children should be free to express themselves sexually at seemingly any age THEY deem appropriate or am I misunderstanding you?

I think that's a pretty cheap answer. I could make the same kind of statements about if you weren't a teen when I was you won't understand. It doesn't make my position right and it would be condescending.

I get what you're saying but what can I possibly say in response? If I don't just agree I'm naive and don't get it. It sucks to be talked down to.

I'm sorry you feel my answer is "cheap" but it's the reality. I don't dismiss that how you feel is legitimate. You have no other experience to base your opinion on other than your own. You can't possibly see it from the other side, yet. As for saying I wouldn't understand because I'm not a teen, well I was a teen once so I have the experience to draw on, you've never been a parent, responsible for another human beings welfare and care (or so I assume) so I have the knowledge of being a teen, you don't have the knowledge of being a parent and therefore you can't compare the two situations.

Do I know what it's like to be a teen in today's world? only through my daughter's eyes and I see how hard it is. You all deal with far more pressure and chaos than teens of my generation did, which is all the more reason to take sex out of the equation because it's one more pressure and responsibility that you don't need to take on until you're better equiped to handle ALL the ramifications that go along with being a sexually active person.

This is why I feel like you're not talking to me, I already made the point I'm about to try to make again and you didn't respond to it before.

If you don't let someone have the responsibility to be an adult then how can they prove they are ready to be an adult? You can get a crap job at 16 but you can't sign a contract so you can't get credit or rent an apartment. The bar is put where it's unobtainable and then you sit back and say see you aren't ready. It isn't a fair way to judge a person.

and again I ask at what age do you think it's appropriate? you can't answer that because you don't even know yourself, even though clearly you think of yourself as an adult. When did you start thinking of yourself as an adult? when did you start buying your own clothes, paying for your own meals, providing your own health insurance, etc?

You're making statements based on your belief that kids can do anything adults can do, and probably even better. There is something to be said for life experience Amanda. You learn things that you can't even imagine between the age of 18 and 25 and even beyond that.

I thought I knew everything at 18 too. I got a "crap" job at 16 and have worked ever since. I've been on my own since 18 when my mother died so please don't assume that you've got the market cornered on the whole "life is so unfair to us teenagers" bullshit line. Judging from what you've said about yourself, you had plenty of freedom to do what you wanted and a parent there to pick up the pieces if you fell flat on your ass.

It sounds like you are trying to control others to me. Not actively, but you think it's a good thing. You did say you were ok with keeping kids young.

controlling others? :lol: how by explaining the risks involved in humping like a rabbit? and again age is the important factor here. I don't advocate CHILDREN, 12, 13, 14, even 15 having intimate sexual relationships. If you were fucking at 13 and are offended by that then I'm sorry that's on you, not me. I've yet to meet a CHILD that age who is emotionally mature enough to handle a sexual relationship. Now when you get to 16 or 17 then it depends on the person. There are varying degrees of maturity that come into play. It's a case by case basis but making a blanket statement of ALL kids should be free to do with their bodies what they want shows you lack an understanding that you can only gain with age.

I'm sure as you wrote that you felt like it was very sage wisdom but it comes off as condescending to me. You hope enough sticks? Kids know all of what you hope sticks, the thing is it doesn't matter to them. This is why I think your approach is inherently flawed. You think you're playing one game, but the reality is different.

if you want to get into conversations then you have to assume that the person you are engaging in coversation with is doing so on the same level as you. I'm not viewing you as some dumbshit kid who doesn't know what the hell she is talking about and I'd appreciate it if you didn't view me as some condescending preachy adult. I'm giving you MY opinion based MY life expectancy.

and the fact that you keep making the claim that "it doesn't matter to them" meaning kids don't give a fuck, says more about YOUR attitude than kids in general. Do I think there are kids who don't care? of course I do. Do I think if a child has a parent that talks openly and honestly with them and provides them with accurate and well reasoned advise they'll take it? yes I do, to a degree.

as for the "make it stick" comment, I meant you teach your children right from wrong. Don't steal, don't lie, don't do drugs, etc etc. When they are off on their own, without your guiding hand, you have to hope that enough of what you said reasonated with them that they make good decisions for themselves and that they don't constantly need you telling them what is best for them. That they have the abibility to make that determination for themselves.

I do love this idea that kids shouldn't take the guidance and wisdom of adults. :lol: hell why do you need parents to begin with if that's the case?

thank you Amanda. I hope the best for you as well.

I don't think the goal should be reducing the number of sexually active teens.

I disagree, reducing the number of sexually active teens is important. Teens tend to be much more careless and irresponsible when it comes to safe sex. Hence the stat that half of all new HIV infections are in people under 25.

I think it's a symptom of a greater social problem. I think if kids were given more responsibility and higher expectations of real adult behavior were put upon them a rise in self-esteem would be the result. Don't you think the self-esteem crisis (and there is one) is more likely to result from society telling you that you aren't capable, than from saying you are? Which one undermines a sense of self-worth?

I don't disagree with it being a symptom of a larger problem. Girls can't even dress like little girls anymore. Go into the store and they have thongs for 7 year olds. Girls are wearing bras before they get their first bump. The clothes look like miniature adult clothes. It society who is forcing children to feel they must be sexual beings before they are ready.

I don't disagree either that giving kids more responsibility and higher expectations of real adult behavior would raise their self-esteem but you equat that with sex or so it would seem and not much else. Tell me what other adult resposibilities do you want other than the right to screw your brains out? Do you want to take that crap job so you can buy your own clothes, pay your own car insurance, pay for your college tution? Do you want to sit up nights wondering how you'll pay the electric bill AND buy groceries this week? THOSE are adult responsibilities and expectations. For christ sake, most adults don't even get to have sex because they are too tired and stressed from being adults.

Last edited:
There is something to be said for life experience ... You learn things that you can't even imagine between the age of 18 and 25 and even beyond that.

I thought I knew everything at 18 too.

I don't think the goal should be reducing the number of sexually active teens. I think it's a symptom of a greater social problem. I think if kids were given more responsibility and higher expectations of real adult behavior were put upon them a rise in self-esteem would be the result. Don't you think the self-esteem crisis (and there is one) is more likely to result from society telling you that you aren't capable, than from saying you are? Which one undermines a sense of self-worth?

:clap2:

I've been a teenager. I'm going to assume that you haven't been a parent. Is it possible that at 42, I've had experiences that you have not yet had?

I know that everyone over age 22 is functionally retarded from the perspective of many teens, but there is a world of experiences that you have not yet had at 18, and yes, the perspective is vastly different from that of the parent of a teenaged girl than that of the teenaged girl.

Originally Posted by Silence

'when you have children of your own you begin to appreciate what your parents tried to do for you, if you have decent parents. Ask anyone who has reached the age of having children of their own to worry about and 99% will say they were wrong in believing their parents were being unreasonable in what they expected from them."

I have to agree with Amanda. That remark was condescending and unfounded on anything but your own prejudice and wishful thinking.

Maybe if you could imagine what it is to be a teenager in 2008 you could appreciate what she is telling you.

actually it's just the opposite. I didn't have decent parents. I basically raised myself getting a job to support myself when I was 16 because my father was a drunk and my mother was dying of cancer. They never offered me any guidance or wisdom on the ways of the world. I learned about sex at 15 when my sister (who had just turned 17) gave birth to a child none of knew she was expecting. She hid her pregnancy for 8 months, got no prenatal care and took a great risk with not only her life but the life of my nephew.

I find it interesting that because I view the world differently I'm wrong but I don't deem her as being wrong just because she doesn't see it the way I do. I'm curious how old you are ang? You seem to have taken up Amanda's cause so either you are close in age or wish you were. I wouldn't go back to being 18 if someone offered me a million dollars. The world is a shitfest and kids Amanda's age are the ones ultimately paying the price.

I have a teenager, I have a nephew who is 25, who has a girlfriend who just turned 21, and they have a 5 month old daughter. I see how they struggle, that's neither prejudice or wishful thinking.

Last edited:
I've been a teenager. I'm going to assume that you haven't been a parent. Is it possible that at 42, I've had experiences that you have not yet had?

I know that everyone over age 22 is functionally retarded from the perspective of many teens, but there is a world of experiences that you have not yet had at 18, and yes, the perspective is vastly different from that of the parent of a teenaged girl than that of the teenaged girl.

So... I was given a response that I can't possibly disagree with without being stupid or naive... basically a "take my word for it" answer and when I object I'm going to get dogpiled for it? So much for the power of ideas.

Thanks Anguille for getting it.

Show some respect. I doubt you were a teen in 2008 so is it possible she has had experiences you have not and never will?

IMO Amanda has behaved more maturely than either you or Silence, in that she doesn't profess to know everything and yet she seems to know somethings. I think if she ever becomes a mother she will do just fine.

So... I was given a response that I can't possibly disagree with without being stupid or naive... basically a "take my word for it" answer and when I object I'm going to get dogpiled for it? So much for the power of ideas.

Don't worry. I think many of us here do.

oh don't play the victim Amanda, it's so far below your intelligence level. No one said you were stupid or naive.

You said you could make the claim that I don't understand because I'm not a teenager. I made the point that I was a teenager and therefore I have a point of reference on which to draw, unlike you who has never been a parent and therefore you can't possibly fathom how vastly different your perspective is when you become responsible for another person.

and two people disagreeing with you is hardly a dogpile...but way to whine like a child when someone disagrees with you :cool:

I think in a lot of ways you're wise beyond your years. You make very reasoned and well thought out arguments but in other ways you're still very much a child who thinks that all adults are just trying to ruin your life by telling you what to do. I'd love to talk to you when you realize that sometimes, just sometimes, with age comes wisdom.

Sorry If you feel my agreeing with Silence is "dogpiling" on you.

I just don't think your only two choices were "stupid or naive" or "being talked down to"... Its' just that you're young and therefore less experienced.

My intention was not to butt into your conversation and choose sides, I just wanted to support Silence's view because I found myself agreeing with much of what she said. I don't think Silence sounded condescending, but that's probably because I think I am closer to her age than yours, that's all.

oh don't play the victim Amanda, it's so far below your intelligence level. No one said you were stupid or naive.

You said you could make the claim that I don't understand because I'm not a teenager. I made the point that I was a teenager and therefore I have a point of reference on which to draw, unlike you who has never been a parent and therefore you can't possibly fathom how vastly different your perspective is when you become responsible for another person.

and two people disagreeing with you is hardly a dogpile...but way to whine like a child when someone disagrees with you :cool:

I think in a lot of ways you're wise beyond your years. You make very reasoned and well thought out arguments but in other ways you're still very much a child who thinks that all adults are just trying to ruin your life by telling you what to do. I'd love to talk to you when you realize that sometimes, just sometimes, with age comes wisdom.
I'm not "playing the victim" I'm frustrated that you think "because I'm older and say so" is some kind of reasonable answer. You completely get that it wouldn't hold water for me to say it, but don't get that it's the same for you.

If you used that same logic in any other situation I doubt anyone would agree with you because "Because I said so" isn't an argument.

If you decide to participate in a meaningful way I'd like to continue but it doesn't make any sense to continue at this point if everytime you get stuck you play the age card.

I don't think you really understand the depth of my appreciation of age or wisdom. One of my favorite people to talk to is my pastor and he's as old as dirt. I don't think older people are trying to ruin younger peoples lives, at least not on purpose. And I'm not an advocate for teens having all the sex they want, in fact, I may actually think it's more of a problem than you do. But if we're going to talk about it you have to be willing to give me real reasons for what you're saying. I hope you can appreciate what it is like to have people use that kind of "reason" on you all the time. And it might not seem like such a big deal to you, but it was really hard for me to stand up for myself and tell you I didn't think it was fair. I know about self-esteem issues better than I'm likely to admit very often. :)

It sounds like you and I have very similar parenting strategies. There is next to nothing that I wouldn't discuss openly with either of my kids as it relates to sex.
I think what you are doing is very good parenting in my opinion. My mom was the same way with me and you know what I feel like I can talk to my mother about anything. My friends also feel they can talk to my mom about a lot of things. Even to this day I look to her quite a bit for her opinion on things.

I just don't think your only two choices were "stupid or naive" or "being talked down to"... Its' just that you're young and therefore less experienced.

What are my other choices? How do you disagree with her position?

And sure I get that I'm less experienced. That's fine. How am I supposed to understand if she won't explain?

it simple proves that you can pay to specifically enable the killing black baby's or Jew baby's...ect
did the caller speicifically say they were donating money because they wanted to get rid on black people? no They say they wanted to donate it to the funding for minority groups so the lady could of taken it as someone who is minority themselves trying to help someone out. ALso do you have proof that is actually what they would have used the money for. They lady could have agreed to this because she wanted the donation especially when under Bush they have cut funding for planned parenthood.

Forum List

Back