Planned Parenthood Exposed - New Undercover Video

Yeah, it's 18 in Oregon. I thought it was because when I was working in the jail we had kids who were serving time because they'd had sex with their under-18 y.o. girlfriend (19 year old guy with a 17 year old gfriend) and daddy got pissed.

Looks to me like there are a LOT of states where 18 is the age of consent, and a lot more who are changing that way.

Amanda please be so kind as to explain what you think demonstrates maturity, other than having sex, I would love to have that discussion with you.

Really, cos you sound like you want me to slip up so you can bite my head off.

perhaps you can again explain to us who exactly is profitting from "forcing" children to go to school through 12th grade? When do you think children should be able to leave school? Do you think that a person who chooses to leave school in say 8th or 9th grade can obtain a job which will allow them to support themselves or their family and if you do, please tell me in what field?
I'll leave that for Agna. I'm sure he/she will be a lot less likely to say something retarded than me.

In OR the age of consent is 18 but it's a state by state issue. In Idaho the age of consent is 14!! glad I don't live in Idaho :lol:

Lol.
So explain this to me....if age of consent is 18, how come teenagers can get abortions without an investigation into the circumstance?

Yeah, it's 18 in Oregon. I thought it was because when I was working in the jail we had kids who were serving time because they'd had sex with their under-18 y.o. girlfriend (19 year old guy with a 17 year old gfriend) and daddy got pissed.

Looks to me like there are a LOT of states where 18 is the age of consent, and a lot more who are changing that way.

see, that is where the law is flawed IMO. a 19 year old with a 17 year old girlfriend isn't a criminal and I'm surprised that ANY court would choose to file such a charge and if they did, a jury would convict them.

Not only that, he's now a registered sex offender because of it. And that can't be expunged.

This is why mandatory sentencing sucks. It's asinine.

Really, cos you sound like you want me to slip up so you can bite my head off.

again, you're making assumptions. I really want to know what you think demonstrates maturity, other than having sex. I would think this is something you've given much thought to and therefore you should be able to make a valid argument, unless you don't have an answer to give :eusa_whistle:

I'll leave that for Agna. I'm sure he/she will be a lot less likely to say something retarded than me.

I doubt that. So far I haven't seen you say anything as retarded as when a young female child begin to menstrate she should be able to not only have sex but also have babies :tongue:

I thought sex with someone under 18 in some states was statutory rape...I haven't looked at Silence's list, though I've seen it before.

But I'm in Oregon. I'm going to revisit the list.

Yeah depends on the State.

At one point it was 10 (if I recall correctly), then 12 for a long time in Missouri. Then 14. Now it is 17.

10 is insane. That would put you in pedophile territory in many instances it seems to me.

Last edited:
again, you're making assumptions. I really want to know what you think demonstrates maturity, other than having sex. I would think this is something you've given much thought to and therefore you should be able to make a valid argument, unless you don't have an answer to give :eusa_whistle:
Making assumptions is something you do when you have no idea. You've been less than civil at me so it's not like I'm jumping to some crazy conclusion.

I think the subject you're asking about it pretty complicated and you don't seem to read my posts very throughly before getting bent. When I see a response to my post about how I never made the claim you couldn't understand because you're a parent then I'll know if it's worth trying to talk to you.

Making assumptions is something you do when you have no idea. You've been less than civil at me so it's not like I'm jumping to some crazy conclusion.

Sorry that you feel I was uncivil to you Amanda. Try reading again what I wrote. Several people have confirmed that I was neither mean nor condescending to you, just merely presenting another view point for consideration.

Amanda said:
I think the subject you're asking about it pretty complicated and you don't seem to read my posts very throughly before getting bent. When I see a response to my post about how I never made the claim you couldn't understand because you're a parent then I'll know if it's worth trying to talk to you.

I don't recall seeing a post saying you made that claim and I don't recall you ever making such a claim but I do recall saying that you couldn't understand where I was coming from because YOU aren't a parent but that I could somehwat understnd where you were coming from because I have been a teenager. and I do recall saying that you used the "you just don't understand" standard answer teenagers give, which you dispute. Just as you said I used the standard "because I said so" answer, which I dispute.

As to the subject I asked about, it's really not that complicated Amanda. You either have an opinion of what demonstrates mature behavior (other than having sex) or you don't. Your nonresponse leds me to believe you don't have anything you can say which would bolster your case especially since you said yourself that you're not sure at what age someone is mature enough or what changes need to be made in society. *see I do read your posts*

If' you'd like I will refrain from attempting to engage you in conversation again since it seems to me that you only want to talk to people who agree with you :doubt:

oh and btw, I never "got bent" with you, even when you insinuated that I might be fooling myself in believing that my daughter wasn't engaging in sexual activity, I remained quite civil towards you.

I got bent with Ang and Agna not you.

He really is. Welcome to "fun with Agnapostate." He also sees nothing wrong with adult/child sexual contact.

well, to be fair this and most other nations have a looooong history of older dudes taking 14 year old women for brides... But, I always filed that under "cultural necessity perpetuated by family and tradition" rather than a "validation of youthful decisions".

I don't think 14 year olds are mature enough to make autonomous decisions of this nature and I can assure you that it's not a religious tainted opinion. I was 14 once and I doubt many of us can say that we'd make the same decisions as adults as we made at that age.

Yeah depends on the State.

At one point it was 10 (if I recall correctly), then 12 for a long time in Missouri. Then 14. Now it is 17.

10 is insane. That would put you in pedophile territory in many instances it seems to me.

but there ARE caveats to those statutory numbers. Doesn't Missouri have a Romeo y Juliet clause?

and yes.. 10 to 15 is pretty fucked up. I'd be lying if I said i wasn't out trying to get laid at 16 though.

Agna Wrote:
Again, you're assuming that my view is a dogmatic one in direct opposition to the alternate view. It is not. My view is that the option to enter the so-called "adult world" should be available to individuals of all ages, not mandated.

Ok...I definitely did not get that from your earlier posts. The sentence I bolded is especially helpful to me in trying to understand your point of view, so I thank you for taking the time to spell it out so succinctly.

More than that, I have never denied that children and youth ought to be granted access to free schooling, but my contention with the modern school system is that it is compulsory, and that it is authoritarian. I would favor abolishing compulsory education for students, (while still mandating that it be provided to them), and implementing more democratic controls in schools that granted governance of them to the students themselves, in the same manner that A.S. Neill's Summerhill School functions.

While I love the idea of students who do not want to be in my classroom or any classroom for that matter to be able to leave - giving me just students that truly want to be there...I'm not sure I believe that the majority of young people, left entirely to their own devices would choose to learn about adding and subtracting positive and negative integers or the causes and effects of the Industrial Revolution.

Some would, yes...but many, many others would choose instead to get jobs and earn money in minimum wage jobs. Would our society be able to support such numbers? Would we be left with a large class of undereducated people...people who had not learned to read, write, or do mathematics...but who expect to be able to make a living in a society that no longer has large numbers of jobs for unskilled labor?

As to the Summerhill School method...I do not think it is a system that would work in large numbers. Why? Because in life we sometimes have to learn things which we do not like. I'm not sure that allowing whole generations to grow up ignorant of things they don't particularly like simply because we don't want to "force" them...is not something that would be successful in the current world we live in.

As for child labor laws, I would say that the general labor reforms that have been made in the past century have made them unnecessary, as unsafe working conditions and atrociously meager salaries and no benefits are no longer a regular staple of American employment, thanks to other components of the labor reform movement. So we ought to be more grateful to Bill Haywood than to Jane Addams.

I agree that I do not see chimney sweeps dying of black lung on street corners, little match girls freezing in alleys, or children being locked in manufacturing plants...

But I do wonder about what happens when a child, by my definition, decides to go it alone...then decides that he can't make a living...and comes home only to find out that his parents are quite content not to provide for him and have decided not to...will the law require them to take him back in? For how long, until he is 18? Or will that child become dependent upon the state to take care of him?

My primary contention with the social extension of childhood is that it inhibits the capacities of children and young adults by infantilizing them rather than granting them maturing degrees of responsibility. I would recommend that you read this.

I agree with you whole-heartedly that we have extended childhood to ridiculous levels. 20-somethings and even 30-somethings are enjoying an extended adolescence that is, in many cases, simply obscene in how proud we have become of delaying maturity.

I agree with you completely that maturity is, in many cases, a social construct not a biological one.

I think where we still see things differently are my concerns with encouraging very young people to go out and "make their own way" in a world that is very different from the world that existed when such a practice was considered common place. Also, as it relates to this particular thread topic - that sexual viability is any indication of a person's ability to be mature enough to decide whether or not to "make their own way" in life.

Thanks very much for this post though...it cleared much of your opinion up for me...and I'm going to check out your last link right now.

I don't think 14 year olds are mature enough to make autonomous decisions of this nature and I can assure you that it's not a religious tainted opinion. I was 14 once and I doubt many of us can say that we'd make the same decisions as adults as we made at that age.

Hell, I wouldn't make the same decisions that I made in my 20s, much less my teens.

Forum List

Back