Planned Parenthood Exposed - New Undercover Video

Agna,

In your opinion, have we gained anything by adding the "adolescent" concept to our society?

So then, when a child becomes able to sexually reproduce parents could tell them to get a job and begin paying their own way in the world?

I guess I'm just thinking back to how hard people fought for child labor laws, mandatory K-12 education for all, the right for children to play and develop - these decisions were not simply made because people thought it would be nice if we could all be kids a little longer, but because they saw a desperate need for children to be protected, have access to an education without having to worry about how they were going to eat...etc., ....and I'm wondering how that works if we suddenly say to our 10 year olds, "ok, sport...the past 10 years have been great...but the rest is up to you."

Given that they possess the capacity to make rational and informed decisions, can you state a reason why not?

Sure. It's against the law. That's a good enough reason.

But for some reason it's not against the law for them to have sex with older men...so long as they get an abortion afterwards.

So then, when a child becomes able to sexually reproduce parents could tell them to get a job and begin paying their own way in the world?

I guess I'm just thinking back to how hard people fought for child labor laws, mandatory K-12 education for all, the right for children to play and develop - these decisions were not simply made because people thought it would be nice if we could all be kids a little longer, but because they saw a desperate need for children to be protected, have access to an education without having to worry about how they were going to eat...etc., ....and I'm wondering how that works if we suddenly say to our 10 year olds, "ok, sport...the past 10 years have been great...but the rest is up to you."

The pro-abortion crowd believes in restrictive control over all kids...except those having illegal sex and seeking abortion.

Those kids they want to encourage, support, and help out, while protecting the perverts who get them pregnant. That's Planned Parenthood's motto. Don't ask, don't report, don't care.

Given that they possess the capacity to make rational and informed decisions, can you state a reason why not?

are you seriously suggesting that adolescent age kids are capable of making rational, informed decisions like an adult?

The pro-abortionists always claim that.

But it only applies to sex and abortion. Never marriage or anything else.

It's also the hallmark of a pedophile, btw.

Again, you're assuming that my view is a dogmatic one in direct opposition to the alternate view. It is not. My view is that the option to enter the so-called "adult world" should be available to individuals of all ages, not mandated.

More than that, I have never denied that children and youth ought to be granted access to free schooling, but my contention with the modern school system is that it is compulsory, and that it is authoritarian. I would favor abolishing compulsory education for students, (while still mandating that it be provided to them), and implementing more democratic controls in schools that granted governance of them to the students themselves, in the same manner that A.S. Neill's Summerhill School functions.

As for child labor laws, I would say that the general labor reforms that have been made in the past century have made them unnecessary, as unsafe working conditions and atrociously meager salaries and no benefits are no longer a regular staple of American employment, thanks to other components of the labor reform movement. So we ought to be more grateful to Bill Haywood than to Jane Addams.

My primary contention with the social extension of childhood is that it inhibits the capacities of children and young adults by infantilizing them rather than granting them maturing degrees of responsibility. I would recommend that you read this.

If you read about the history of how it all came about there are a few sinister implications lurking in the shadows of protecting children. People like Rockefeller & Carnegie might have appeared to be philanthropists, and I guess they were in some ways, but they were also ruthless businessmen, and they, and people like them, were the ones behind a the forced schooling kids endure today. They were so successful at this that now the system protects itself. You say anything about how kids shouldn't need to go to school through 12th grade and people attack you. They don't even have to hear your reasons, it's completely knee-jerk at this point.

I'm sure Agna can say a lot more about this subject a lot more intelligently than I can though.

Sure. It's against the law. That's a good enough reason.

But for some reason it's not against the law for them to have sex with older men...so long as they get an abortion afterwards.

That's not a good enough reason since we are discussing the ethical dimension of legal reform rather than the current legal situtation. By the same token, crowing that Jim Crow laws were "the law" would not have justified their existence.

The pro-abortion crowd believes in restrictive control over all kids...except those having illegal sex and seeking abortion.

Those kids they want to encourage, support, and help out, while protecting the perverts who get them pregnant. That's Planned Parenthood's motto. Don't ask, don't report, don't care.

Really? What "restrictive control over all kids" have I advocated?

are you seriously suggesting that adolescent age kids are capable of making rational, informed decisions like an adult?

I do believe I've cited several studies to that effect, yes. Can you offer evidence to the contrary?

The pro-abortionists always claim that.

But it only applies to sex and abortion. Never marriage or anything else.

It's also the hallmark of a pedophile, btw.

That is demonstrably false, as pedophilia is a sexual attraction to prepubescent children, and adolescents seeking abortions are by nature not prepubescent children, since they are reproductive.

But if that's what you want to believe, feel free. Make sure you notify Chris Hansen and tell him to go to Newt Gingrich's house for editorializing against adolescence.

Yet another argument used by child molesters.

According to the law, you're having sex with a child if you're having sex with someone under the age of 18. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Good luck with that, I tried several times and no one seemed interested.

Amanda please be so kind as to explain what you think demonstrates maturity, other than having sex, I would love to have that discussion with you.

There is the legal situation of amacipated minors. A person under the age of 18 who goes into court and successfully argues that it is in their own best interest to be viewed as an adult by law. it is rare and the child must have a pretty good reason for wanting this done, other than "they won't let me do what I want"

Amanda said:
If you read about the history of how it all came about there are a few sinister implications lurking in the shadows of protecting children. People like Rockefeller & Carnegie might have appeared to be philanthropists, and I guess they were in some ways, but they were also ruthless businessmen, and they, and people like them, were the ones behind a the forced schooling kids endure today. They were so successful at this that now the system protects itself. You say anything about how kids shouldn't need to go to school through 12th grade and people attack you. They don't even have to hear your reasons, it's completely knee-jerk at this point.

perhaps you can again explain to us who exactly is profitting from "forcing" children to go to school through 12th grade? When do you think children should be able to leave school? Do you think that a person who chooses to leave school in say 8th or 9th grade can obtain a job which will allow them to support themselves or their family and if you do, please tell me in what field?

It seems there are people who are prone to oversimplifying the issue of when is a child no longer a child.

Allie, I don't agree that if you have sex with someone under 18 you are automatically a pedophile. By definition a pedophile is an adult who is sexually attracted to pre-pubesent children. Now, there are perverts out there who will gladly take advantage of young people, age 13+ who are no less guilty than someone who by definition is a pedo but there is a difference, psychologically speaking anyway.

I've worked with pedophiles and I'm telling you, they will argue to their dying breath the finer points of what makes a child an adult, and why you aren't a pedophile if you fantasize about 14 and 16 year olds instead of 13 year olds. I agree that an 18 year old is old enough to have sex, but the law doesn't, and that's the end of that conversation, if you know what I mean.

I've worked with pedophiles and I'm telling you, they will argue to their dying breath the finer points of what makes a child an adult, and why you aren't a pedophile if you fantasize about 14 and 16 year olds instead of 13 year olds. I agree that an 18 year old is old enough to have sex, but the law doesn't, and that's the end of that conversation, if you know what I mean.

Actually the law does say that an 18 year old is old enough to have sex and in some states the age of consent is as young as 14. Most the age is 16.

Age of Consent - by State

There is, IMO, no "finer point" to someone who is 10 years older wanting to have sex with a minor. it's not normal for a 25 year old to want to have sex with a 15 year old IMO.

However, I see why people argue that it's arbitrary because that some person at 35 would be perfectly fine having sex with a 25 year old.

I agree that an 18 year old is old enough to have sex, but the law doesn't, and that's the end of that conversation, if you know what I mean.

Where in the US is an 18 year old not legally allowed to have sex?

I think every state recognizes an age of consent at 18 or younger. No one is above 18 as far as I am aware. What State are you thinking of Allie, when you say the law doesn't agree about 18?

It depends on where you're from.

When I was 16 I dated guys who were in their 20s and nobody thought anything of it. And they were normal guys, guys I'd grown up around, whose families I knew.

I think every state recognizes an age of consent at 18 or younger. No one is above 18 as far as I am aware. What State are you thinking of Allie, when you say the law doesn't agree about 18?

I thought sex with someone under 18 in some states was statutory rape...I haven't looked at Silence's list, though I've seen it before.

But I'm in Oregon. I'm going to revisit the list.

I thought sex with someone under 18 in some states was statutory rape...I haven't looked at Silence's list, though I've seen it before.

But I'm in Oregon. I'm going to revisit the list.

In OR the age of consent is 18 but it's a state by state issue. In Idaho the age of consent is 14!! glad I don't live in Idaho :lol:

Forum List

Back